Line up for playground attractions?

wdw-ocd

DIS Veteran
Are there waiting lines for the playground attractions like "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" or is it just an open area? Also, if you do have to wait in line, how long do the kids get to stay in the are and play?

It's just an open area when we've been there. I imagine if it got too busy though, they'd close it off until other people have left.

Thanks for the info.! I plan on using these areas to keep dd6 occupied while the older kids take off on the bigger attractions with with dh. ;)

For the HISTK area in the studios when it gets busy they will have a CM at the entrance to the area only letting so many kids in at a time and when that happens there will be a line. Once you get in the area it is just like a playground.

oH MY word- i think if the sections got so crowded that I had to have a cm turn off the line, I would skip it. I have a hard enough time watching the kids sometimes in there without it being at that level!

We went to the Honey I shrunk the kids movie set playground last July, the only thing is it rained and after the showers they shut it down to dry off the equipment.We went back to the hotel swam and such and came back at 6pm to play and he got to stay in there till 7pm closing time It was a blast. There was a cm there but she was making sure only peaple with kids where coming in.

Momtimesone: Your signature cartoon is hilarious!:lmao: You win top prize -- haven't seen one this good in year. Can I ask where you found it?

Last time I went in it was the mid 90s (~ 10 y.o.) and there were no lines. The only thing I remeber was getting lost inside the ant hill! I was sooooo scared thinking I'd never find my way out. Obviously I did (or they have an internet connection inside the hill).

love the cartoon!!
does anyone have any pix's of this area they could post, we had a blast at it last year and I have no pix's to "jogg" my memory

there usually arent any lines, and the kids can stay in the area for as long as they want. But the Honey I shrunk the kids playground is MASSIVE! just a little bit impossible to keep an eye on your children!
but theres cms all around so you dont really have to worry about something happening to them.
also dont be surprised if youre watching your kid go up a slide and never come down the way you expected. there are multiple exits for the slide, and it can get confusing at times. If you can, go with your children and stick together.
Have fun!

What I did at Honey I .... was to find a place to sit at the exit of the playground and let them play. I knew they couldn't leave(not that they would but) the playground without me seeing them and it worked out well. It is almost impossible to stick right with them.

Why thank you PatsGirl .I got it from my sister she sent it to my email knowing full well I love anything disney. Here are some pics of the honey I shrunk the kids playground. Like the last poster stated I sat by the exit and just let my boy run. I would never let him out of my site but this playground has only one way out and He checked in with me and knew where I was at all times. I did manage to get a couple of pics and he made me climb in the worm holes with him LOL They should sell adults head gear when going in that area. Sorry if the pics are clickable Im still learning the way to post pics.

What I did at Honey I .... was to find a place to sit at the exit of the playground and let them play. I knew they couldn't leave(not that they would but) the playground without me seeing them and it worked out well. It is almost impossible to stick right with them.

That's a good idea Hannathy. Since dd6 and ds8 usually go in opposite directions it'll probably best for dh and I to plant ourselves by the exit as home base (and let dd13 and dd10 do all of the chasing!:rotfl: )

Do you know if all of the playground attractions have only 1 entrance/exit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter