Lincoln: the movies. did anyone go see it?

Well, it is PG-13.

Although The King's Speech was R, only because of the number of times he said the F-word.

I didn't say don't take children but you have to know your children and your tolerance level. A friend of mine will not allow her children's to see Pinocho because they use the word jacka........

Language is one thing, blood and death are something else.

My teenage son wants to see it. I was surprised since he's usually not into history.

Turns out his new History teacher told the kids that if they go back to school after Thanksgiving break with a ticket stub from this movie he'll give them 10 points on their grade.
My son could definitely use the points so that's why he wants to see it. LOL

I have not. I prefer not to put any money in Bill O'Reiley's pockets. ;)

Looks like you are vastly outnumbered, as Killing Lincoln got to #2 on the New York Times Bestseller list. And his Killing Kennedy: The End Of Camelot went to #1 instantly when it was released. :banana:

Killing_Lincoln_%28Bill_O%27Reilly_Martin_Dugard_book%29_cover_art.jpeg

We saw it yesterday and really, really enjoyed it. We were transfixed by the story and the performances. I would definitely see it again.

As far as taking the kiddies to see it, there are some kinda gross scenes as far as blood, dead bodies and body parts. I think if I had younger kids, like single or low double digits, I would screen it first, then decide.

An interesting tidbit: Kevin Kline is listed in the cast members as a wounded soldier. You just wonder where and what scene he is in, but that's kinda cool.

I saw it with my 12 and 15 year old dds, and a few other adult relatives. The kids liked it well enough, although they'd rather have seen the new Twilight movie. :rotfl2: I generally am bored to tears by history, but I liked it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter