Limit for booking rooms at a conference rate?

singastory

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
In summer 2011 I attended a conference at the YC. We decided to extend our stay after the conference was over, and I was able to maintain the discounted conference room rate for those 3 extra nights. Is there a limit for how many extra nights you can book under that type of discount? I'm attending another conference in January 2014, but this time I'm hoping to stay 9 additional nights.

The extension of the conference rate is generally something that's negotiated through the meeting planner and the hotel. I think every location is different, but the standard is 2-3 nights. Some locations are more flexible than others -- especially depending on time of year, occupancy rate, etc... When we planned a conference in South Padre Island, they'd let our attendees book up to 7 nights extra at the conference rate. In Las Vegas, they would only allow 2 extra nights at the conference rate.

Thank you, that's exactly the type of info I was looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter