Lily Goes Live: A Princess' Visits to her Kingdom December 2015 p.15

Teena and Bob took their first trip to Hawaii in November/December 2013. They flew to San Diego, cruised from there to the islands and back again.

San Diego/Ship

Packing Light

View from hotel room in San Diego. "It Never Rains in Southern California" Apparently, it was drizzly the whole day they were there.

Their cruise ship was docked next to the Midway

Bye Bye San Diego!

On Board:

A gift of flowers, Fruit and booze greeted Teena and Bob when they arrived at their cabin. According to Teena, the cabin was very small- the balcony was bigger than their room. As Genie says "Itty-bitty living space!"

Sorry, no picture of room

VIP- Free Bloody Mary's! Bob is a happy man!

Swan Dessert

"Cruise days (all ten of them) were rough, cold and windy. Only one day was anyone able to sit out in the sun by the pool (the day before we got to Hawaii)"

Aloha!

Wednesday November 27- Oahu

Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Part of the Arizona with beautiful island backdrop

"Saw Pearl Harbor which was a biggie for me. It was very moving"

"Another highlight was seeing where Hawaii 5-0 was filmed" Book 'em Dano!

Thursday November 28-Thanksgiving- Maui

"Beautiful"

Sugar Plantation

Friday November 29- The Big Island

Diamond Head Sunrise and eating breakfast on the verandah with Diamond Head as a backdrop.

Teena and Bob took a shopping/factory tour today: Chocolates, Candles and Coffee.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing Teena and Dee.

Too bad about the weather, but it looks like you saw some interesting sites along the way.

Merry Christmas Teena.:santa: Thank you for sharing your pictures of your lovely granddaughter. Looks like you had a good trip to Hawaii too.

Thanks everybody. We're off to Ohana's tonight for dinner. Spending the day at home. Lily has croup and it was very scary yesterday. Spent the day at the doctors. However, after loads of meds, she is feeling better although she still has a cough.

Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom day and hopefully the Disney magic will add to her speedy recovery.

Jeanne has a sore throat but says dinner at Ohana's will cure that! It's her favorite restaurant!

The best meal we've had this trip was at the Tusker House for a late lunch. The character interaction was super and the food wonderful. It was more like an early dinner for us all ... we ate way too much!

Jeanne's two best friends from PA (Bobby and Eric) are here too and they joined us at Epcot and Animal Kingdom and will be with us tomorrow at Hollywood Studios too. It sure comes in handy having someone help with the stroller and all the "stuff" you have to take with a toddler and the rain gear (umbrellas, ponchos).

It was just Jeanne and I with Lily at Magic Kingdom on our first day and although we managed all day, it was sure nice to have those extra hands these other days.

Today Lily fell asleep during dinner and the men just picked her up and carried her the mile to the stroller parking outside in the rain. The other one carried all the "bags" (diapers, umbrellas, etc.). Jeanne and I felt like Princesses!

Lunch at Tusker House:

Character Meet & Greet

Had a rough day at Epcot today ... rainy and chilly and feeling sick doesn't make for a great day. But we got in what Lily loves: Nemo, Crush and the Characters. Then had a so-so dinner with Chip and Dale at the Garden Grill. Food was just okay. Definitely not worth the money.

Tomorrow it's suppose to rain again all day. Jeanne and Lily saw the sun once pretty much the whole time they were here. And I checked the weather and it is warmer in Vegas. Sun is forecasted to come out Friday (they leave in the afternoon) but only a high of 57. Bob and I will have our winter coats, scarfs, hats and gloves on to take them to the airport.

Despite the lousy weather and us all being sick (except Bob of course), it has been a super holiday with them. We've been looking at the good stuff ... like how empty Epcot was today because of the rain ... same with Animal Kingdom yesterday ...compared to normal crowds on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I know what it would have been like had it been sunny.

We figure tomorrow will be a breeze at Hollywood Studios because it is suppose to rain all day long ... even some thunderstorms. Gotta look at the good!!!

From Teena: "Our Christmas vacation is over. Spent the last day at Hollywood Studios and although it was forecasted as heavy rain most of the day, we actually did everything we wanted to do, saw the Osborne Lights, and didn't run into too much rain. Had a fantastic late lunch/early dinner again at Hollywood and Vine. Food wonderful and characters great. Obviously we know how to "get around" to avoid the crowds and we managed the entire four days at the parks. Did all four parks and Lily and Jeanne had a ball! Off to the airport Friday afternoon".

Pretty in Pink:

Jake (from the Neverland Pirates)

Special Agent Oso???

Handy Manny???

No idea who this is. (Not Dora)

:love: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, FRIENDS!!!:lovestruc

Here's a couple of pictures of Teena's granddaughter Lily at her Valentines Day Dance last night, complete in her Minnie dress and matching sneakers

Caption: To Infinity and Beyond! or Disco Lily???

The Ship

Waiting for lunch at Enchanted Garden

Adult Pool, Family Pool with Big Screen TV, Aqua Duck

The Food- new offerings at Palo Brunch. Filet mignon, a very light fried mozzarella thing and they now have ice tea ice cubes to cool your drink

Bob's new friend

Castaway Cay

Other Ports

Ships in Port in St. Marten- stayed on board here to lounge by the pool

St. Thomas "I told the kids not to take our boat out while we were on the cruise. They never listen! I'm grounding them!!!"

Back home- Bob is unpacked:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter