Likelihood of my waitlist coming through...

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by helloirishkitty, Oct 25, 2011.

1. helloirishkitty

helloirishkitty DIS Veteran

Right now we have a 1 BR at AKV-Kidani for 11/29-12/2. We have a cash reservation with our AP discount at Yacht Club but we are waitlisted for 12/2 and 12/3 at Kidani.

Do you think we have a shot? I know its very soon, so I am doubtful, but it's nice to hear waitlist success stories :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sunshine22

Sunshine22 Mouseketeer

There's always a chance that it may come through. Most wait lists are up to 30 days prior to the trip. At that point you may want to ask to remain on wait list until 7 days prior to your trip. I don't think there is a wait list after that point. However, there may be some movement during the last week prior to your trip. Within 7 days, I would call daily to see if you could make the switch. We were able to do this the week before Christmas last year. I was able to make changes and even book an extra room for friends who drove in for a short visit all during the last few days prior to our trip. Good luck!

4. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

We recently got a 3-night wait list for the BWV just three weeks out...and it's during Food and Wine Festival time! Never say never!

5. Pennyguy23

Pennyguy23 DIS Veteran

I got a waitlist/call in for our trip last week the day before we left. So keep hope alive.

6. majortom1981

majortom1981 Mouseketeer

I am actually surprised that kidani has a waitlist. I think you will get it.

7. helloirishkitty

Thank you for this! I had them do it up until 7 days before my trip, because I can't cancel my cash reservation after 6 days prior without penalty. Fingers crossed!

Wow! That is some crazy pixie dust!

That's exciting- good to know!

There is NO DVC availibility anywhere for Saturday, December 3rd. No studios, 1 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms, anywhere, not even SSR. I was in shock.

8. helloirishkitty

it went through today :)

I am so excited to cancel our cash ressie- more spending $$ for the trip!

9. jo-jo

jo-jo Mouseketeer

We had a room at BLT and waitlisted for BCV, it came thru today for saturday Dec 3. We had started all nine nights at BLT and tried for BCV at 7 months. Nothing was advailable. At about 5 months we got three nights, about 3 months 1 more night and today the last night we wanted. So we are set, Nov29 thru Dec 3 BLT-Dec 3 thru Dec 8 BCV.

10. mousefan1972

mousefan1972 DIS Veteran

Great news, congrats!

11. DiznyDi

DiznyDi <font color=darkcoral>If you remember, we are the

12. backyardponder

backyardponder DIS Veteran

I was going to say that you have a "snowball's chance in New Jersey in October". I guess I was right!

13. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

Congratulations on getting your WL. Now you won't have a split stay. Hope you can cancel your cash reservation without any problems.

14. Harlemgirl720

Harlemgirl720 DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::lmao::thumbsup2

15. NC State Tigger

NC State Tigger 'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger

Glad to hear your waitlist came through:cool1:

I am waitlisted for Nov 30- Dec 3(checkout). :surfweb: You have given me new hope. We have the 3 nights booked at SSR, but wanted a few days at Kidani. I need some pixie dust. :wizard: