Lighters?

merryweather's twin

Mouseketeer
Mom is a smoker... Can we check lighters in our checked baggage? where can we buy them in MCO? What about her smokes? I haven't asked her to Quit smoking seince the 5th grade ..I will not make that mistake twice. Can we have gum on the plane? Thanks :thumbsup2

I have most of these questions too.

I do know that you cannot bring lighters onboard neither in your carry on or checked bag. (Unless it is in a TSA approved case, which runs about $15).

You are allowed 4 books of matches per person in your carry on, none in your checked bags.

I believe this link has the most recent information from the TSA as far as what is and is not permitted. There may be changes from this after the UK arrests, however.

merryweather's twin said:
Mom is a smoker... Can we check lighters in our checked baggage? where can we buy them in MCO? What about her smokes? I haven't asked her to Quit smoking seince the 5th grade ..I will not make that mistake twice. Can we have gum on the plane? Thanks :thumbsup2

OMG, no she can't put lighters in checked baggage. I think she is allowed to bring up to 3 packs of safety matches and I beleive she can put the cigarettes in either the checked or carry-on. Maybe someone with personal knowledge of this can confirm.

No lighters allowed in any baggage checked or otherwise or on your person. Chuck it or leave it in the car.

You may carry 4 books of safety matches in your carry on or pocket, whatever, which should get her through til she gets to Disney.

Cigarettes can go in either checked or carry-on bags.

I have heard the shops at MCO sell lighters, but have no firsthand experience, our first time flying will be in September. However, the resort gift shops have them. They are not out, though, she will have to ask the clerk for them.

Since you have to go through security so early and then there is no smoking in the terminals at all, may I suggest nicorette gum or a patch if she is that bad?? I am going to try and quit again on this trip. One of these times I will get it right. So I am just slapping on a patch before I get on the flight and hopefully making it through to the end. :teeth:

Ok no lighters. Where do I buy Ok matches? Can we get lighters or matches at MCO to go to WDW with? Thanks. I just want to follow all rules.

Safety matches are the books. Like they have at some bars and stuff. the ones that won't light unless they are struck on those brown bars on the back of the matchbook.

The matches that are NOT allowed are those wooden "strike anywhere" ones. :teeth:

We bought a big box of like 100 books of safety matches at the grocery store for like 1.19.

They had them with the picnicware, plastic utensils, lighter fluid, that sort of thing. :thumbsup2

lost*in*cyberspace said:
Lighters without fuel are allowed in checked baggage.

But lighter fluid isn't....so you still have to "shop" when you reach your destination.
I bought a box of matchbooks at Wal-Mart and all three of us will carry 4 books each, for one smoker and hopefully that will get him by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter