Light packing list

bhartman

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I've seen a bunch of "ultimate disney packing lists" online, but I'm looking for a pared down version. I'm taking my two kids to WDW by myself and I really don't want to worry with a bunch of luggage. I'd love to have just one suitcase for the three of us. any seasoned light packers have a packing list they'd like to share? Or any light packing tips (specifically for Disney)?

TIA!

We will be going in August for five nights, and we are planning to take one carry-on each:

Things to Wear on plane:light sweater, sneakers, hat

Pack in bags:
Undies and socks one for each day plus a few extras as you have room
2-3 pairs of shorts
Tshirt or tank top per day plus a couple extra as you have room
A second pair of footwear (along the line of sandals,flip flops or crocs)
Toiletries (razor for sure!)
Band aids
Sunblock
Swim suit
Goggles for my son
My son's blanket he sleeps with
iPad
Phone and iPad chargers
Sunglasses

Anyone have anything else to add to a minimalist list?

We will be going in August for five nights, and we are planning to take one carry-on each:

Things to Wear on plane:light sweater, sneakers, hat

Pack in bags:
Undies and socks one for each day plus a few extras as you have room
2-3 pairs of shorts
Tshirt or tank top per day plus a couple extra as you have room
A second pair of footwear (along the line of sandals,flip flops or crocs)
Toiletries (razor for sure!)
Band aids
Sunblock
Swim suit
Goggles for my son
My son's blanket he sleeps with
iPad
Phone and iPad chargers
Sunglasses

Anyone have anything else to add to a minimalist list?

Thanks so much for sharing your list! I tend to pack the kitchen sink, so I'm going to try my best not to be prepared for every possible situation. After all, there ARE stores at the resorts. I'd really love to pack for all three of us in one carry-on (an 80 liter backpacking pack) and then let the kids carry their own backpacks, so a minimalist list is exactly what I need.

One other question, what toiletries will be available in our room (we're staying at a moderate)? Is it just shampoo, conditioner, and soap? Just trying to figure out what items I can leave at home and what we'll need to bring.

ultimate light packing, I use Ebag packing cubes. Each persons clothes are in a bag. They organize and pack well. I do roll t-shirts and shorts. put socks in shoes. But, watch the weight, I use a hand scale. one suitcase and carry on for dd and I with a back pack each.
Tongue in cheek,
Get dressed for flight...put on three sets if undies, three sets of shorts, three shirts, add long skirt, sweater, stick socks in pockets, in back pack, pair of pants, two more shirts, pJ's, toiletries...you good for a week. Wash things in the sink and hand to dry,
Just really kidding, but the airlines fee for luggage is getting crazy even though fuel cost came down mega amount,

You can get Tylenol and band-aids etc at First Aid Stations for free, so don't go overboard packing your whole bathroom cabinet! Also the gift shops have a Convenieince store section for Kiddo Dimetapp/Robitussin type meds if needed... Not more than a dollar or two more than Walmart so worth not packing everything and if you need it just pay a couple bucks extra for the convenience of NOT dragging it around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter