Life's a Happy Song! A very MUSICAL TR *NEW03/31 NEW PTR STARTED

Soundtrack: Dinosaur Theme
After fuelling up we headed out for adventure in WDW's newest kingdom. A kingdom where we encountered animals of all kinds, real, extinct and even imaginary. A place where you can't help but feel lost in nature. Disney's Animal Kingdom is masterpiece in my opinion. I know many say that it is a half day park but we usualy dedicate at least 1.5 days to it. I love exploring this park. I feel like everytime we go, we find a new place to sit and enjoy nature, a new food to taste or a new thrill to experience. So join me on out adventure through Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Dedication%2017a.jpg

We started our safari in Africa near Tusker House and decided to head out into the wild.

file-26.jpg

We decided to skip the refreshments for now.
file-27.jpg

As we neared our target I started to regret our decision to forgo refreshments, the mountain loomed in the distance.
file-28.jpg

We climbed aboard a train taking us straight into the heart of the mountain where it is rumored lives a giant beast.
file-29.jpg

The trail ahead seemed steep.
file-30.jpg

Some appeared oblivious to what laid ahead.
file-31.jpg

We commenced our ascent towards the beast.
file-32.jpg

Oh My! the beast must have sensed our presence. We where able to stop just before the big drop that would of carried us to our doom.
file-33.jpg

I looked to the sky for pity. Just as the mountain pulled us into it's darkened interior.
file-34.jpg

The beast!
file-34.jpg

We followed the light towards the outside world, hoping to find peace there.
file-36.jpg

We whirled away hoping to get away from the creature they call The Yeti!
file-38.jpg

Alas, we where quickly brought back into a darkened cavern where I swear I got a glimpse of the beast dancing away to Disco Lights. Unfortunately I was unable to photograph it.
file-39.jpg

We hurried away from our expedition towards Africa where we knew we would be able to observe animals from the comfort of our safari vehicle. Along the way we encountered a curious sight.
file-41.jpg

Neither human nor plant, we caught but a glimpse before it dissapeared into the folliage.

Unsure of our eyes we boarded our vehicle and approached quietly towards the sleeping wildlife.
file-42.jpg

file-43.jpg

file-44.jpg

file-46.jpg

Exhausted from our exploring we entered a quaint villager's shop for some local souvenirs.

file-49.jpg

file-50.jpg

file-51.jpg

As we arose from our resting spot, I could not believe my eyes but the Devine creature from earlier appeared before me again.
file-52.jpg

file-54.jpg

Shaking up from all those encounters we foolishly wandered into an area dedicated to the winged descendants of the dinosaurs. Flights of Wonder!

Birds may be small creatures but boy do they amaze me!
file-57.jpg

file-58.jpg

file-59.jpg

file-60.jpg

file-61.jpg

file-64.jpg

file-66.jpg

file-67.jpg

file-70.jpg

file-72.jpg

file-73.jpg

In all seriousness, this is a can't miss for us. Two big thumbs up from this girl!

After all that wilderness, we had built up an appetite. We stopped by the local watering hole, the burning tree? :P, to gather forces for the day ahead. The locals must have a big appetite because we shared a ONE person meal and had plenty left for the birds to steal from our plate.
file-74.jpg

One of the cast members noticed that we where on our honeymoon so she ran to the counter and whispered something to another cast member who told us that she would be RIGHT BACK! She brought us two cupcake and TOTALLY MADE MY DAY. I was so touched.

(we then went back to the resort for a NAP! and a PINA COLAVA!!! check it out it is AMAZING!)

After our obligatory mid day nap we returned to the kingdom refreshed and ready for more food. We had a reservation at Yak and Yeti. We arrived shortly before our time so we had a seat at the bar, checked out the menu and ordered a Safari Amber Ale, Jess decided it was delicious. I agreed because I know nothing about beer.

file-79.jpg

file-80.jpg

It wasn't long before we where seated. This meal was OOP so we ordered a mix of stuff to share.
The fried rice was a good filler.
file-81.jpg

Wonton soup was good as well.
file-82.jpg

We also had the Dim Sum Basket for two. It was interesting but not quite the type of food that I liked. (I was craving fried food)
file-83.jpg

Speaking of fried food, La piece de resistance! FRIED WONTON!!!
file-84.jpg

OOPS We dove in before I took out my camera.

After exiting Yak and Yeti the park was pretty much empty, we rode EE a few more times, tried primeval whirl, rode dinosaur once or twice then headed out!
file-100.jpg

file-95.jpg

file-96.jpg

file-90.jpg

file-88.jpg

BUT! Our day has just begun..where will we head to next. Stay tuned for more information!

Thanks for reading guys. I felt like being silly tonight. I know I haven't been very active on the DIS recently but I hope that once I get out of my current rotation in school I will be able to visit regularly again.

As a side note, I have an announcement to do soon. Here's a hint. Vamos a la playa Any guesses?

Soundtrack: Magic Kingdom Entrance Area Loop

My last update finished with us leaving Animal Kingdom after a light supper at Yak and Yeti and whirlwind tour of major attractions because the park was so empty. Our day was far from done though, we had another reservation set up for later that night.

We hopped on a bus from AK to TTC.
file-104.jpg

Then monorailed it to our final destination.
file-105.jpg

Into the Magic Kingdom.
file-106.jpg

Jess walking down Main Street USA,
file-108.jpg

file-109.jpg

file-110.jpg

file-111.jpg

file-112.jpg

I love those balloons but I have no idea what I would do with one if I ever was to purchase one.

Apparently we where still feeling a little hungry because our first stop was to the Main St Confectionary for candy.
file-113.jpg

file-114.jpg

We got some maple fudge but I must say that I wasn't really impressed, next time I will stick to my rice krispy mickey.

We then continued towards the castle,
file-115.jpg

file-116.jpg

and took a left turn towards Liberty Square.
file-117.jpg

file-118.jpg

file-119.jpg

file-120.jpg

Into Ye Olde christmas shoppe
file-121.jpg

Where we bought our wedding ornament for our xmas tree.
481428_10151219927738096_2076475868_n.jpg

We then continued on towards our favorite ride in all the parks I think.
Splash Mountain Soundtrack
file-122.jpg

file-123.jpg

We rode Splash at least once then took some pictures as we walked towards our fav 3D show.
file-124.jpg

file-125.jpg

file-126.jpg

file-127.jpg

file-128.jpg

Continued in Part 2!

Soundtrack: Philharmagic

I was blown away by Philharmagic the first time I saw it. It was on one of our last Disney days and we had seen and been bored with the other 3D shows so we didn't expect much from this one but BOY was I wrong. This was a delightful use of all the dimensions. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell that accompanies the BOG segment. and I also ADORE Donald Duck so all in all I love this show.

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-6.jpg

After the show it was just about time for the FIREWORKS DESSERT PARTY!

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

file-10.jpg

Blurry Buffet picture..sorry
file-12.jpg

file-13.jpg

Great Seats, Jess booked as soon as it became available. I don't know if that's why we got good seats but it can't hurt to be quick I guess.
file-14.jpg

My plate with my favorite Rice Krispy.
file-15.jpg

Jess's plate
file-16.jpg

Our view
file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-20.jpg

file-21.jpg

the show about to start.
file-22.jpg

file-23.jpg

file-25.jpg

MK had EMH that night so we went back to Splash.
file-26.jpg

file-27.jpg

Then headed back to our room because we had a busy day planned for tomorrow.

file-29.jpg

We where originally planning on having breakfast at Hollywood and Vine the next morning but we decided to sleep in a little instead.

Thanks for reading! Next update will be about our last full park day where we sleep in and visit 3 parks in one day.

Welcome Foolish Mortals to the last day of our Disney Honeymoon. We knew we needed to pack as much fun into this day as possible because we wouldn't be coming back for a while (or so we thought at the time).

Soundtrack: Something a bit different to set the pace

We started out our intense park hopping day by....SLEEPING IN! I know this sounds counter intuitive but we wanted to last until MK EMH so we needed the extra sleep. We made the decision to sacrifice Toy Story Midway Mania (no way we would be able to ride if we didn't make rope drop) and get a few more hours of snooze.

I let Jess sleep in a bit longer and went to grab breakfast at the POP food court. It's incredible the different a few hours make on the lines. Usually when we walk through at 7:00ish, the food court is near empty. Not at 9:00, It probably took me 30 minutes to get there and back. Not the quick food stop I was hoping for but Jess appreciated the extra sleep. No food pics though :( I think we had french toast sticks or something like that.

Once we where all revitalized, energized and few we went on the offensive and invated DHS.
file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-32.jpg

file-33.jpg

file-34.jpg

I think DHS is very good looking when the sun is out (but looks pretty drab with covered skies).

file-35.jpg

file-36.jpg

file-37.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-41.jpg

file-42.jpg

file-47.jpg

We enjoyed one of the streetmosphere characters interacting with a young boy, the director was so excited to meet the famous young actor. It was funny.

file-48.jpg

Then we made our way towards my favorite ride.
file-49.jpg

file-50.jpg

The line was too long for RnRc but we got a slush lemonade at the kiosk in front.

file-51.jpg

file-52.jpg

Took the time to rock out

Then went to see a DHS classic.
file-53.jpg

file-55.jpg

file-56.jpg

file-57.jpg

So that's the start of our Final Disney Hopping day. I'll be back soon with more which may include the famous Mac n Cheese hot dog, Indiana Jones starring ...ME!, a flash flood and much much more.

DH offers to buy me a balloon every trip but I always decline because I wouldn't know what to do with it after about 10 minutes! :rotfl:
Fireworks dessert party! Ohh I loved that! You guys had great seats for sure!
Ahhh final day. :( But it sounds like you're going to make it a good one!

DH offers to buy me a balloon every trip but I always decline because I wouldn't know what to do with it after about 10 minutes! :rotfl:
Fireworks dessert party! Ohh I loved that! You guys had great seats for sure!
Ahhh final day. :( But it sounds like you're going to make it a good one!

That's the downside about the balloons. Guess I'm gonna have to have kids so I can tie it on their stroller... :P

I'mmmm Back, Hopefully I can finish off this trip report before the end of he week. This is my march break so I should have plenty of time to work on it.

Soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bTpp8PQSog

Last time I left you guys we had just watched Belle fall in love with the Beast who transformed himself into a beautiful prince (Spoiler alert?). We where starving so this was the perfect time for another first!

We walked over to Fairfax fair on Sunset blvd.

file-61.jpg

For a great view of the Tower...and....

file-63.jpg

The Mac n cheese hot dog.

file-64.jpg

This is a hot dog, covered with mac and cheese, bacon and truffle oil.
I had read about it on a few other trip reports and blogs so I had been keeping an eye out for it. I must admit that my expectations had been pretty high unfortunately they weren't met. As I remember, the bread was a bit dry and the tastes didn't blend together as much as I'd like. I think I would still prefer Mac n Cheese with little cut hot dogs like my mom used to make.

Then made our way back down Sunset blvd towards the other end of the park.
file_zps44310555.jpg

See beautiful skies as we walk up to Indiana Jones. Last year the show had to be cut short because of a major rain storm earlier in the day. So we didn't see the final scene with the plane. I was looking forward to that this time around.

file_zps5b41af0f.jpg

I had read in another TR that the key to getting picked to participate is to stand up and lift your hand very enthusiastically. Which is how I ended up HERE.
file_zps8e782301.jpg

I'm the one with the green shirt.

We where whisked off to wardrobe (and to sign our life away) and voila!
file_zpsd8adefc7.jpg

I am a star.

Watch my ninja moves
file_zps166c9423.jpg

Unfortunately, as the show went on we could see this very dark and scary cloud rolling in as the wind picked up. We got up to the truck scene and...THEY CUT THE SHOW SHORT AGAIN. so we are 2-0. Jess has NEVER seen how that show ends, EVER! Some day we might risk it again (maybe we should stop going during hurricane season)

Afterwards, we ran (with our ponchos) to TOT to ride a few more times before leaving Hollywood for the final time this trip.

file_zps7a72687e.jpg

Houray for Hollywood!

The storm didn't last long but it was enough to flood sunset boulevard while we where running to TOT. It also damaged a few trees near the bus stations.
file_zps316bd72b.jpg

There was a huge line up for the EPCOT bus so we decided to hop onto the bus to the TTC. We where in no real hurry but didn't want to stand in the rain longer then needed.
file_zps19cf1a5e.jpg

file_zpsf16e856a.jpg

Happy in the rain.

file_zps76667419.jpg

Our RIDE!

During the short trip to EPCOT we realized that half a hot dog wasn't going to keep us full for very long and Jess also wanted to try a first for her. She is somewhat fussy when it comes to food and loves her comfort food so when she heard about how good the mac n cheese was in WDW she had been trying to get us to go to a table restaurant that has it. Unfortunately, I couldn't make that happen (although I did get us maple creme brulée, a dessert party and a view of wishes during supper from the cali! (Go me!)) The point being that she still needed her mac n cheese fix. I connected to the Touring plan app, fired off a question into the world wide web and was quickly told that we could get mac n cheese at Four Seasons in the Land pavilion. We set sail in that direction and voila!

file_zps8036d83e.jpg

Mac n Cheese kids meal for Jess. I must admit it was very good and very cheesy. Definitely hit the spot. I think we got grapes and a yogurt as sides. Worth the pit stop. Next time I need to try the strawberry shortcake that I keep hearing about.

We knocked off a few other must dos around EPCOT.
file_zpsb75632dd.jpg

file_zpsdfc3b9f5.jpg

file_zps1fc563af.jpg

file_zps46588061.jpg

Not bad but wouldn't have it again.

file_zps6722b855.jpg

We love these ladies.

file_zps194006aa.jpg

One too many drinks? dancing in the streets

file_zps81c74e5f.jpg

Great show in Japan.

file_zps4eadaee7.jpg

Pit stop in France

file_zps4420f167.jpg

Rock Concert in Canada

file_zps5b915f9b.jpg

More dancing in England

file_zps2716c0ca.jpg

Told Jess I should wear this to her games.

That's it for now. I'll be back soon with a Dining Review. The last Table Service Restaurant of that trip....I'll give you guys a hint, it is in Epcot and our waitress came from the city for which the restaurant is named.

Thanks for reading!

OMg an update woohoo i was beginning to wonder what happened to you 2 ,I'm glad ure okay or it at least seems that you are and I look forward to hearing the rest.

OMg an update woohoo i was beginning to wonder what happened to you 2 ,I'm glad ure okay or it at least seems that you are and I look forward to hearing the rest.

All is fine, just very busy with school/work. There is never enough time for the Dis it seems. Loving writting this so I won't disapear till its all done :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter