Life's a Happy Song! A very MUSICAL TR *NEW03/31 NEW PTR STARTED

Hahahaha I loved all the little hints, staying out of the rain, remember that! Then volunteering for the backlot tour! hehehe. Fun day!
Loved loved loved the pic of you guys on ToT, too funny. WAY braver than me!
Great Fantasmic! pictures too. I'm not a huge fan of that show, but I do love that Mickey stars in it.
YAY AoA!

I just subscribed to your thread. It's great that you had so much fun. It seems all of your days are packed with great stuff. I absolutely LOVE fantastic, it is my favorite show at WDW. And I ride ToT until the last minute. It is the best drop ride I've been on.

Hahahaha I loved all the little hints, staying out of the rain, remember that! Then volunteering for the backlot tour! hehehe. Fun day!
Loved loved loved the pic of you guys on ToT, too funny. WAY braver than me!
Great Fantasmic! pictures too. I'm not a huge fan of that show, but I do love that Mickey stars in it.
YAY AoA!
Yeah, the backlot tour is not a good way of staying dry but it was awesome :). I love taking redneck pictures of ride pics. Everyone's expressions are always so different. F! is not my favorite of the nighttime shows but I do enjoy it. Besides, I propose to Jess after it got rained out last year so it kinda has a special place in my heart :P.

I just subscribed to your thread. It's great that you had so much fun. It seems all of your days are packed with great stuff. I absolutely LOVE fantastic, it is my favorite show at WDW. And I ride ToT until the last minute. It is the best drop ride I've been on.

Hey Welcome aboard! Any fan of TOT is a friend of mine. It is one of the best themed thrill rides in my opinion. I love it.

Our days where jam packed because this was a shorter trip. We would not of been able to keep going at that pace for a whole week that's for sure. Thanks for subscribing.

I'm going away for an internship for a 6 weeks so I may not be able to post as much during that time. Don't worry I'll be back with an awesome post when I get the chance. It's going to be about our Jam packed MK day where we do Kona, Peco's and Cali Grill. Thanks for reading and commenting :grouphug:

It was a great day. I really love everything DHS has to offer.

I thought it was ironic too but it was a LOT of fun. I'm a very shy person so it definitely got the adrenaline pumping. Jess is the one that got hit by the wall of water so that must of been an experience. I wish I could of seen her get hit.

Writer's stop is great and usualy not busy and PLEASE have the carrot cake cookie. It is delicious.

Yeah, F! is great but not worth waiting in that line. We always walk in at the last minute and get good seats regardless so don't give up on the show :P

btw, you must be freaking out!!! Your wedding is like in less then 2 weeks right?

We will be sure to have at least one carrot cake cookie even if we have to run over on our last day to get it!

Maybe we'll re-consider not doing F! this time, since you guys were able to get good seats last-minute. :thumbsup2

And yeah, we're down to the wire now...just 5 days left! :scared: I think we'll be okay though, it's just picking up the last-minute decoration stuff and getting the music all together. I can't believe how the time has flown by, it's crazy! A week from today we'll be married AND be in Disney! :banana: :woohoo: :cloud9:

Love your pictures! Found your TR searching for Akershus info.:)

Congrats on your wedding!!! I love this trip report, especially all the links to Disney music! Looking forward to more. -Amanda :cutie:

Our lunch at 50s prime time was less than stellar, I was so disappointed. I was really looking forwards to it and our waitress was a complete dud. I keep meaning to write a letter to Disney just to say the experience should be the same for all, but never to get around to it. Our food was great. I had the pot roast. I would def like to give it another chance.

Love your pictures! Found your TR searching for Akershus info.:)

Glad you found my TR :) Thanks for reading.

Congrats on your wedding!!! I love this trip report, especially all the links to Disney music! Looking forward to more. -Amanda :cutie:

Our lunch at 50s prime time was less than stellar, I was so disappointed. I was really looking forwards to it and our waitress was a complete dud. I keep meaning to write a letter to Disney just to say the experience should be the same for all, but never to get around to it. Our food was great. I had the pot roast. I would def like to give it another chance.

I agree that 50's is inconsistent. I find it bizarre that a CM would work at 50's and not feel comfortable playing the part. The food is good though, you're right. I think in the future if I want something from 50's well just pop by the Tune-In Lounge.

I only read the first post so far and can't wait to read some more. I look forward to reading some more, so I better get to reading :)

Finally caught up. Great trip report and the songs are a great touch :) Can't wait to read more.

When I came to check on your TR I thought for sure you'd be done by now, but I'm glad to see I didn't miss much...but that means you've been MIA for a while :sad1:...I hope you come back to finish this TR! I also hope that school has been going well! :goodvibes

I'm Back!
It's been way too long since I've been able to update this trip report. I've missed you guys so much. For the past 6 weeks I was away from home for school and I didn't have time for the Dis. BUT! Now I am back home and ready to get this TR done.

So where were we?

Day 4: Kona Café
Soundtrack: He Mele No Lilo

Our fourth day in WDW started in the best possible way; with breakfast at The Polynesian resort. We took a cab from Pop to the Poly and got there right on time for our reservation . We where amongst the first seated.

This is us before we had our coffee. Happy but still sleepy.
file.jpg

file-1.jpg

We started out with the best coffee on property (and in the world)
file-2.jpg

A press pot can be shared between 2 people instead of drinks on DDP or you can pay OOP like we did because Kona is amongst the least expensive restaurants we visited.

file-3.jpg

I had the Macademia pineapple pancake. I was very good and not as sugary as the Tonga Toast (but in all honesty I also ate part of Jess's Toast)

file-4.jpg

Jess had the Tonga Toast. Pure deliciousness.

file-5.jpg

Breakfast bar next to Kona for people in a hurry.

We also bought a bag of Kona Coffee beans to bring home. We froze the beans and still have Kona Coffee once a week as a reminder of our happy place.

Also we asked for the bill to be brought to us as soon as our food arrived so that we could pay and be ready to leave as quickly as possible once we where done eating. We had a big day ahead of us!

Track 2: Welcome Show Medley
Where are we heading now?
file-6.jpg

file-9.jpg

The Magic Kindgom

file-7.jpg

YAY!

file-8.jpg

Amongst the first to arrive.

file-10.jpg

On our way! (For some reason there where a lot of people inside MK watching us walk in)

file-11.jpg

Jess is very competitive and wanted to get to our destination first.

file-13.jpg

The Castle (the only castle in MK at the time)

file-14.jpg

Love Mainstreet

file-15.jpg

Hope the new Starbucks location keeps a lot of the Bakery intact.

file-16.jpg

Hint about our destination

file-17.jpg

So we got to Space Mountain before the ride was even running yet. There were maybe less then 20 people ahead of us in line. We exited the ride at
file-19.jpg

and THIS is the line that had formed behind us to ride SM
file-18.jpg

Thank God for smart touring.

Anyways no time to wait, we where off to our next attraction.
file-21.jpg

file-22.jpg

file-23.jpg

Wish I was a kid sometimes.

file-25.jpg

file-26.jpg

Near empty MK when we exit Pooh

Fini with Fantasy, We where off to Liberty Square

file-27.jpg

To visit my favorite haunted place.

file-28.jpg

file-29.jpg

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

The last chance to exit.

file-32.jpg

file-33.jpg

The park remains quite empty.

Track 3:Frontierland area music

file-34.jpg

Quick stop to visit my favorite Duck :)

file-35.jpg

file-36.jpg

file-37.jpg

Making our way across the Wild West.

file-38.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-40.jpg

...To the Briar Patch.

We where exhausted from our trip from the Future to the West with a pit stop in Fantasy so we decided to hop aboard the Train to Main St.

file-42.jpg

file-43.jpg

The Fantasyland station had just opened a week or so earlier.

file-44.jpg

file-45.jpg

We arrived on Main St in time to see these guys
file-46.jpg

We actualy had gotten a coupon the day prior for 20% off our purchases at the Main st. Emporium if we visited before noon. We basically bought all our souvenirs at the same time to take advantage of the 20% off deal. We then went off in search of sustenance.

file-47.jpg

Photo pit stop

file-48.jpg

Off to Peco's for lunch.

Then we used our Splash Fast pass
file-49.jpg

Jess got her first ever set of trading pins.
file-50.jpg

And then we where off to Adventureland.
file-51.jpg

We where looking for something in particular ..stay tuned to find out what exactly.

Track 4: Adventureland Area Music

file-52.jpg

file-53.jpg

The Dole whip...Melting paradise in a cup.

file-54.jpg

Last time Jess slept through the Tiki Room...this time she wished she did. haha

On our way towards our next snack we ran into the Move it Shake It Celebrate it parade.
Track 5: Street party soundtrack
file-55.jpg

file-56.jpg

file-57.jpg

But what was that snack we where looking for now. Didn't we just eat?
file-58.jpg

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel

file-59.jpg

Sweet deliciousness

Now that we where all full we decided to give the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom a try.
file-60.jpg

file-61.jpg

As we where playing, this little boy came up to us (with his dad watching from not too far) and asked us if we wanted to trade. We said that we where new and didn't understand the game very well. He then explained everything to us and told us which cards where rare and which ones where common. He was adorable. We then asked him which of our cards he was interested in. We made a fair trade and he ran back to his father who mouthed Thank you to us. Too cute!

Track 6:
Celebrate a dream come true
WHile this is not my favorite parade, it really make me tear up because it means we are in Magic Kingdom.

file-66.jpg

file-67.jpg

file-68.jpg

By the way, this is a great spot for anyone who doesn't feel like waiting in the sun for too long. The cast members only set up the rope that crosses the area in front of the Emporium at the last minute. We wait inside the Emporium until they set it up and then stand at the rope for a front row spot.

file-69.jpg

file-70.jpg

file-71.jpg

file-72.jpg

file-73.jpg

file-74.jpg

file-75.jpg

file-76.jpg

I'm late

file-77.jpg

We're all mad here.

file-78.jpg

Bibbidi bobbedi Boo!

file-79.jpg

Ahhh I wish I was back there. It really is my happy place.

Hope you guys enjoyed this triple update. I'll be back soon with more pictures from our trip and lots of great songs to make you guys dream of Disney.

Thanks for reading.

Very glad to see you back!
Omg, why the pictures of the tonga toast!? It's so delicious and yummy and now I'm drooling. I have a recipe saved and I'm going to try it. If I showed dh your picture he would most likely be off to the store for the missing ingredients before I could say Polynesian!
And then to post a picture of the pretzel, a newfound facourite of mine. You'll have me licking my iPad.
Sounds like a very successful morning! A good breakfast, rides on all the best rides, meeting Donald, the parade... An excellent morning!

Yay, you're back! :cheer2:

That sounded like an awesome morning! :thumbsup2 I never did get to try the pretzel...next time! It looks really awesome though! As do all those photos!

When we were at Kona, part of me wanted to get the coffee because everyone on here talks so highly of it, but I didn't because, well...I hate coffee! :lmao:

Sam33 said:
Yay! You're back!
Love your shirts!

teekathepony said:
Very glad to see you back!
Omg, why the pictures of the tonga toast!? It's so delicious and yummy and now I'm drooling. I have a recipe saved and I'm going to try it. If I showed dh your picture he would most likely be off to the store for the missing ingredients before I could say Polynesian!
And then to post a picture of the pretzel, a newfound facourite of mine. You'll have me licking my iPad.
Sounds like a very successful morning! A good breakfast, rides on all the best rides, meeting Donald, the parade... An excellent morning!

Sorry for bringing back all those memories of the awesome Tonga Toast and pretzel :P I've been in severe Disney withdrawal since I went through my pictures for the last update. Sometimes ots easier to forget how amazing that place is. :P

silverhaze269 said:
Yay, you're back! :cheer2:

That sounded like an awesome morning! :thumbsup2 I never did get to try the pretzel...next time! It looks really awesome though! As do all those photos!

When we were at Kona, part of me wanted to get the coffee because everyone on here talks so highly of it, but I didn't because, well...I hate coffee! :lmao:

Seriously, I hated coffee too but then I had kona, and now I don't hate it! There's always a next time :-)

Soundtrack: Wishes from top of Contemporary

So we finished our MK day with a Casey's hot dog, a walk through Monstropolis and ride through outerspace.

file-83.jpg

file-81.jpg

file-82.jpg

file-87.jpg

We then returned to Pop Century to freshen up in time for our romantic dinner at the California Grill.

file-88.jpg

file-89.jpg

We got there a bit early so we went out on the balcony to enjoy the view while we waited.

file-89.jpg

file-91.jpg

file-92.jpg

file-93.jpg

We where quickly seated and soon enough our bread appeared....
and disappeared.
file-94.jpg

We asked for our appetizer before Wishes and then our entrées would be brought out after.

We had a flatbread but I can't remember the name.
file-95.jpg

It was DELICIOUS!!!!

Great view of Wishes from the balcony.
file-96.jpg

Our entrees where brought out not long after we came back in.
We both had the beef. It was good but not as tasty as the steak from Le Cellier.

file-97.jpg

file-98.jpg

file-99.jpg

We had no room for dessert but we still splurged.

file-100.jpg

file-101.jpg

Both where very good.
file-103.jpg

file-104.jpg

file-105.jpg

file-106.jpg

The restaurant was empty when we left that night. The Cali Grill was special but it is not a restaurant that we will be craving to return to anytime soon...

I must say that 5 months later, I still crave 'Ohanna everyday but I don't ever remember our Cali Grill meal.

Side Note: I am still ridiculously busy so I apologize for the short update. I'm looking forward to bringing this TR to a close... We may have something else to look forward to soon! :hyper:

Even though you don't crave it daily, it still looks like a wonderful meal together. Just the location and being able to see Wishes seems so special!

Soundtrack: Animal Kingdom Entrance

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to Day 5 of our Honeymoon vacay!

This day was split between Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. We had a bit of a hard time making it to AK that morning because the bus took a long time to come around then had to make a stop at Blizzard Beach. This meant that we where running a bit late when we got to Tusker House. The walk there was gorgeous (My camera had some fog on it which made for some cool pictures).
file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

We had to wait in line a little while to meet the chief explorer Mr. Duck!

file-10.jpg

We where then brought in to our table. The restaurant is very cool looking inside.

file-11.jpg

file-12.jpg

We raided the buffet and came back with some deliciousness.

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-15.jpg

JUngle Juice

file-17.jpg

DOnuts for breakfast! BEST DAY EVER

Let's not forget about the main attractions.
file-18.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-20.jpg

A few more shots of the decor.
file-21.jpg

file-23.jpg

file-22.jpg

We were done a few minutes after park opening but our belly's were very very happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter