Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

This is AWESOME news Michele! :woohoo: I bet you're feeling some sense of relief.​

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes great news!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Such great news. :flower3:

That is great news - good thoughts and prayers !

Very happy to see your post. Once again - a stranger but sending good thoughts your way.

This is awesome news Michele! thanks for sharing and I'm so glad to hear it!

Thank you everyone! It has been a big relief for us all. I am seeing more of the old him. He spent more time on his bicycle than he has in a long time. Of course that led to him almost breaking his wrist.:rolleyes1 But a not depressed Scotty is a wonderful change.

Thank you everyone! It has been a big relief for us all. I am seeing more of the old him. He spent more time on his bicycle than he has in a long time. Of course that led to him almost breaking his wrist.:rolleyes1 But a not depressed Scotty is a wonderful change.

I'm so happy for you both. :goodvibes Such great news. :thumbsup2 I'm thinking you need a trip to Disneyland to celebrate!​

I'm so happy for you both. :goodvibes Such great news. :thumbsup2 I'm thinking you need a trip to Disneyland to celebrate!​

Well, we still have the cancer hanging there. But the Dr reassured him that it would be easily treatable. Disneyland is shelved at least for a while. I was offered a job and I need to write up a resume for it. I don't have a lot of work experience in this field but I am hoping because they approached me I have a step up. Any money I earn from that will be ear marked as vacation and luxury money.

Well, we still have the cancer hanging there. But the Dr reassured him that it would be easily treatable. Disneyland is shelved at least for a while. I was offered a job and I need to write up a resume for it. I don't have a lot of work experience in this field but I am hoping because they approached me I have a step up. Any money I earn from that will be ear marked as vacation and luxury money.

A job? Cool! :woohoo: Doing what? I like the sound of vacation money.​

A job? Cool! :woohoo: Doing what? I like the sound of vacation money.​

I was approached by goodreads.com where I write book reviews about working for them from home. They are San Francisco based so if I ever need to trek in to the office it isn't too terribly far. They asked if I would be interested in aiding people to use the website and do research and such. I love the idea of telecommuting.

I was approached by goodreads.com where I write book reviews about working for them from home. They are San Francisco based so if I ever need to trek in to the office it isn't too terribly far. They asked if I would be interested in aiding people to use the website and do research and such. I love the idea of telecommuting.

Congratulations. Sounds ideal!

That sounds like a perfect job for you! What a fun opportunity. Sending pixie dust your way. I love this for you. You deserve something that's just for you. :goodvibes When will you know?​

Congratulations. Sounds ideal!

Thank you!

That sounds like a perfect job for you! What a fun opportunity. Sending pixie dust your way. I love this for you. You deserve something that's just for you. :goodvibes When will you know?​

That's what I thought! I appreciate all the pixie dust I can get! I should know in the next week or so.

rentayenta said:
Having a car will be nice. Do you drive to WDW or rent one when you arrive?

I bought too much of some stuff and could have used more of others. Live and learn. We didn't go hungry- lol.

We're planning to take the auto train for the 1st time. You drive to Washington DC and they load your car onto the Amtrak. I'm getting sleeper compartments for us at night.

Amanda

We're planning to take the auto train for the 1st time. You drive to Washington DC and they load your car onto the Amtrak. I'm getting sleeper compartments for us at night.

Amanda

That sounds like so much fun Amanda. I can't wait to hear all about it. I've always wanted to do a sleeper car on a train. :rotfl2: Are the kids so excited?​

Was the water super salty? Why did it burn?
Exactly! I'm surprised too they don't like the ocean, is it maybe the waves?

I think it burned his sunburn...it was Evan who whined about the stinging/burning and he was the one with a burn since he wouldn't wear his rash guard that first full day at Vero. They did like it at Vero, though they got a bit bored but I think it was more that the slide was more interesting than sand and waves. I really don't know what their issue was in Nassau. CC is kind of the best of both worlds but that's getting ahead of the TR!

Lockoffs are totally the way to go with guests I think. That way they've got their own little space too thats maybe a little more convenient than always using the big fridge especially at night if you're using the pull out too.

If it were adult guests in it then I'd agree. We will have all the kids in it so I'd actually prefer 2 dedicated beds than dealing with the couch or them having their own door and the ability to "lock" between ours. :rotfl: should be interesting.

The second bedroom has 2 queens. How old are all of the 5 boys?

Really? That's not what is shows on the website. It shows a queen in the master, queen in the 2nd, bunks in the 3rd and then queen sleeper sofa plus sleeper chair in the main room. I'm not positive if all kids will be there through the THV nights or not yet. Hope so for the boys sake but I'm not sure how best to lay it out if they are. Obviously I'll have 2 kids in bunks and it'd be my preference to stick 3 in the 3nd bedroom but I've been told an air mattress won't fit in either the 2nd or 3rd bedroom which would mean kids in the main area....not my ideal by a long shot. Do you have pictures of all 3 bedrooms?

The boys will be 12, 13, 14, 14, 15

or, 7th, 9th and 10th grades.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Most are on the small side except for the 15 year old who will probably be 5'9" by then at the rate he is going. I'll be surprised if anyone else breaks 5'3" or 5'4" The E's are the 2nd tallest right now at a little over 5'1". Neck and neck though and Eric is going to pass up Evan any day now, which will kill Evan. They are all pretty darn thin.

Of course if my sisters BF comes with his 2 girls (yes, one of the wild cards) then we will have another 12 and 14 year old in the mix. I think. I am not 100% on their exact ages but that's close enough.

:eek:

If they're booking their own cash room then that's good, less stress for you other than ADRs. How many does that make for dinner?

Don't really know yet, although we will by ADR time for sure. Right now it looks like 12, could be as many as 17.

What if they used the cash that they are using towards room towards a GV? OKW GVs are amazing! We stayed with Jenna and family there for 5 nights and it was incredible. We had beds that weren't touched. It's worth calling on. :thumbsup2

Looked into it (as well as a ridiculous amount of other options) and it is a LOT less expensive for them to get cash rooms, non villa even if I do get a discount. My mom even considered buying points :rotfl: but it just doesn't pencil.

The THV didn't book up for our trip until about 9 months before. Of course I checked daily to feel extra cool that we got it at 11 months. :smokin:

Yah, THV or anything at SSR hasn't sold out yet, for any dates, including the GV's. I do think SSR's point values should be more in line with OKW, that does make me a little crabby. THV runs about a point more per night over the New Years time period than does a Boardwalk View 2b. That's a bit messed up if you ask me.

Problem with a GV for all the nights is the sleeping configuration just doesn't work out right and I could only do 8 nights, not 9. I like 9 better!

Was today the Saturday? Did you get it? What did you do?

You will. How can you not get it on the day of the 11 month? I think you'll be okay. Now if you don't get it I'd go for any view you can get and wait list the entire stay. I guess it depends on the dynamics of the party on whether I'd want to move with a group that size. We went from the OKW to AKV with Jenna and it went fine but it's a lot of work making sure everyone is ready. If you do decide to move, I'd just set your bar at an 11 am check out and not get your hopes up for any sort of park time that morning.

We've done split stays several times. 3 resorts in 2010, 4 this summer (if you count the Dream as a resort) :rotfl: and I've done it on both girls trips, so that part doesn't worry me.

Honestly if it were up to me, I'd probably just stay at BWV the whole time. But I have 2 boys who are DYING to sleep in a treehouse. And especially with their cousins. So I'm compromising. I get BWV for New Years with the crowds and the ability to walk home, they get it starting on the 4th when we are in lower crowd dates. Now I just hope that the cousins will be staying those same dates but the boys have assured me they will be happy with even one night at THV. Me, I'm not moving for just 1 night!

Believe it or not at 11m it is possible to not get it. It's only a few room types and categories but today for part of the day both the 28th (which is today's 11m day) and the 29th were gone. Which means not only could you not book starting today if you tried after the 28th was gone but chances for tomorrow were pretty bad if it was already gone unless someone cancelled. Same thing happened for the 22nd and then the 25/26th. Pool view has been wide open except for the 22nd but both standard and boardwalk have been snatched up like hotcakes. makes sense I guess, it's a very low inventory item, only 22 bw view 2 bedrooms.

I did book on the 26th and have walked it each day since then, so 2x. One more tomorrow and I'm done but I've locked in NYE and NYD which was my concern with waiting. I'd likely have been ok to wait until today but there were moments where it really didn't look like the case.

I'm opting out of taking the kids during school. It's just too hard. :sad: I miss the days of being able to blow it off.

You know this but Joshua wants to do Disneyland for his bar mitzvah trip. He wants part Disney/part beach. ::yes:: My crazy kids will swim in the ocean in December. :p Right now, this would be our ideal plan:

12/21 (Chloe's birthday): drive to Vegas, stay the night
12/22-12/27: GCV and Disneyland/DCA
12/27-12/29: my friend's house, do the whole HB, SB, shopping thing
12/29: drive to vegas, stay the night
12/30: home to Utah

That sounds like a FUN trip! Are you going to try to rent points or pray at the 7m date? I am dying to get to DLR/DCA. Hoping for 2015 but not really sure when beyond that.

Yeah, a couple of days, esp at the start of a semester is one thing but anything more than that and....:confused3 not worth it. I'm actually SO happy you posted this, it made me think to check the website and see if next years dates were up. couldn't find them so called the district. Turns out they were up, just only in 1 place and YAY they'd only be missing 2 days. That works for me! Hopefully no one ends up with a mean teacher who is giving a test the 21st or 2nd day back after xmas break.

It could happen though.

Glad you got some good news!!!

Amanda

Amanda

I have thought about this before - daughter lives in DC and many of her friends have done this Amtrak to Florida. We could drive from here to DC stay
overnite and use Amtrak. When are you going ?
Keep us posted.
Taking a train sounds like a fun experience !

Congrats on your job !
And best of all you love it !

I think it burned his sunburn...it was Evan who whined about the stinging/burning and he was the one with a burn since he wouldn't wear his rash guard that first full day at Vero. They did like it at Vero, though they got a bit bored but I think it was more that the slide was more interesting than sand and waves. I really don't know what their issue was in Nassau. CC is kind of the best of both worlds but that's getting ahead of the TR!

CC? Castaway Cay? It looks amazing.​

If it were adult guests in it then I'd agree. We will have all the kids in it so I'd actually prefer 2 dedicated beds than dealing with the couch or them having their own door and the ability to "lock" between ours. :rotfl: should be interesting.

It'll be great either way. I'd be more likely to lock them out than the other way around. :rotfl:

Really? That's not what is shows on the website. It shows a queen in the master, queen in the 2nd, bunks in the 3rd and then queen sleeper sofa plus sleeper chair in the main room. I'm not positive if all kids will be there through the THV nights or not yet. Hope so for the boys sake but I'm not sure how best to lay it out if they are. Obviously I'll have 2 kids in bunks and it'd be my preference to stick 3 in the 3nd bedroom but I've been told an air mattress won't fit in either the 2nd or 3rd bedroom which would mean kids in the main area....not my ideal by a long shot. Do you have pictures of all 3 bedrooms?

You're right, I had to check with Gabby. The second bedroom has one queen. I confused it Kidani. :blush:

The boys will be 12, 13, 14, 14, 15

or, 7th, 9th and 10th grades.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Most are on the small side except for the 15 year old who will probably be 5'9" by then at the rate he is going. I'll be surprised if anyone else breaks 5'3" or 5'4" The E's are the 2nd tallest right now at a little over 5'1". Neck and neck though and Eric is going to pass up Evan any day now, which will kill Evan. They are all pretty darn thin.

Of course if my sisters BF comes with his 2 girls (yes, one of the wild cards) then we will have another 12 and 14 year old in the mix. I think. I am not 100% on their exact ages but that's close enough.

That's a BIG crew! But what fun it's going to be. Those are the best trips. I love when the kids have friends and others to occupy them. :thumbsup2

Looked into it (as well as a ridiculous amount of other options) and it is a LOT less expensive for them to get cash rooms, non villa even if I do get a discount. My mom even considered buying points :rotfl: but it just doesn't pencil.

She sounds so cute! Would it be cheaper for them to rent points? Whats the cancelation policy on cash reservations? I've seen David's rent for $7 a point last minute. Just brainstorming with you. :goodvibes

Yah, THV or anything at SSR hasn't sold out yet, for any dates, including the GV's. I do think SSR's point values should be more in line with OKW, that does make me a little crabby. THV runs about a point more per night over the New Years time period than does a Boardwalk View 2b. That's a bit messed up if you ask me.

Problem with a GV for all the nights is the sleeping configuration just doesn't work out right and I could only do 8 nights, not 9. I like 9 better!

9 is always better than 8! pixiedust:

I think SSR is nicer than OKW, I can see why the points are a little more especially for the THV. We can disagree. :flower3:

We've done split stays several times. 3 resorts in 2010, 4 this summer (if you count the Dream as a resort) :rotfl: and I've done it on both girls trips, so that part doesn't worry me.

Honestly if it were up to me, I'd probably just stay at BWV the whole time. But I have 2 boys who are DYING to sleep in a treehouse. And especially with their cousins. So I'm compromising. I get BWV for New Years with the crowds and the ability to walk home, they get it starting on the 4th when we are in lower crowd dates. Now I just hope that the cousins will be staying those same dates but the boys have assured me they will be happy with even one night at THV. Me, I'm not moving for just 1 night!

You're a good mama! I don't blame you though, we moved for 2 nights and it was hardly worth it. Joshua and Chloe were my THV fans and I'm so glad we stayed there. I loved every minute of it. I really like that you'll be near Epcot for NYE. It'll be fantastic! I'm so wanting to try the BWV. They look like a total blast to me.​

Believe it or not at 11m it is possible to not get it. It's only a few room types and categories but today for part of the day both the 28th (which is today's 11m day) and the 29th were gone. Which means not only could you not book starting today if you tried after the 28th was gone but chances for tomorrow were pretty bad if it was already gone unless someone cancelled. Same thing happened for the 22nd and then the 25/26th. Pool view has been wide open except for the 22nd but both standard and boardwalk have been snatched up like hotcakes. makes sense I guess, it's a very low inventory item, only 22 bw view 2 bedrooms.

Wow, that is a low inventory. It's like GCV low. Both resorts need to make more villas.​

I did book on the 26th and have walked it each day since then, so 2x. One more tomorrow and I'm done but I've locked in NYE and NYD which was my concern with waiting. I'd likely have been ok to wait until today but there were moments where it really didn't look like the case.

By walking do you mean you added on a day each day? I've never fully grasped the term. I'm glad you're getting what you want so far. :woohoo:

That sounds like a FUN trip! Are you going to try to rent points or pray at the 7m date? I am dying to get to DLR/DCA. Hoping for 2015 but not really sure when beyond that.

Praying for luck at the 7 month mark. :worship: <---- me praying. :rotfl2: We can always stay at my friend's, which we will for a few days after the Disneyland part. Personally I'd rather do a Disney Cruise but the price doubles over the actually holiday. :faint: Don't get me wrong, I'm elated for Disneyland but in a perfect world, we'd be on a cruise Christmas Day. I just can't swallow the price tag.​

Yeah, a couple of days, esp at the start of a semester is one thing but anything more than that and....:confused3 not worth it. I'm actually SO happy you posted this, it made me think to check the website and see if next years dates were up. couldn't find them so called the district. Turns out they were up, just only in 1 place and YAY they'd only be missing 2 days. That works for me! Hopefully no one ends up with a mean teacher who is giving a test the 21st or 2nd day back after xmas break.

It could happen though.

I have the 2013-2014 school year calendar saved on my iPad. I'm planning all kinds of trips we won't take. :lmao: Planning keeps me sane and it's less fattening than drinking. When is your winter break? When is your Spring Break? Missing two days isn't bad at all. Your tempting me to allow them to miss although Chloe made me change her teeth cleaning appointment for this morning because she doesn't want to miss any school. She's tired of being grounded. :p

Kids are excited. Tom (DH) is less excited. :rotfl:

Amanda

He's not? It sounds like something Michael wouldn't love either. I think it sounds so fun!​

I have thought about this before - daughter lives in DC and many of her friends have done this Amtrak to Florida. We could drive from here to DC stay
Keep us posted.

::yes:: I agree! I'd love to do that with the kids.​

I have to say that I am really regretting not staying in the park and hanging out with you guys that night. I was just - done! But it looks like you had such a blast and I still love that you guys each got different rites (Cynthia posted you pics in our TR).

Well, I hope really do hope our paths cross again and this time I won't head home because of aching feet (and fatigue).

Your first Illuminations picture is really beautiful! I want that!

Looks like you had an awesome night!

I am so sorry. I thought I replied. :blush: I wish you would have come too but done is done, we've all been there. :goodvibes Next time. Who knows, I may tag along on some of your next girls' trip. Cynthia can vouch, I'm not totally nuts.

It really was such a fun night. I'm still of the camp that it's almost impossible not to have a great time at WDW.​

You're right, I had to check with Gabby. The second bedroom has one queen. I confused it Kidani. :blush:

Yeah, I'm not sure how the sleeping will work there. It's funny, BWV will be SO much smaller for living space/eating but it is actually better laid out, with this crew, for sleeping. I really don't want any of the boys in the main living area and I know they won't want to split up but I don't really see an another option. If either room could fit an air mattress that would be SO much better.

That's a BIG crew! But what fun it's going to be. Those are the best trips. I love when the kids have friends and others to occupy them.

Friends I think can be easier than cousins. Cousins, at least this crew, are almost like brothers which means the fighting that can go along with it. They are alternatively fabulous and hair pulling and combined....LOUD. Especially one of the nephews. I love him to death but even for me it will be an exercise in patience at times I know. He has aspergers and some of the social issues that go along with it and as he is approaching adult size, more challenging to manage at times as it gets compounded with teen hormones.

It will be...interesting. Not Jeff's idea of fun, for that many days at least but I am hoping to get some couple down time in there as well. I'm not really comfortable just sending them loose in the parks, much as they would love it. I will however probably stick them all at Disney Quest for a few hours while we go to Paradiso 37 and hide from them. :rotfl: In a way it would be very good if the girls did end up coming as it would settle the boys a bit I think. I'm having lunch with my sister on Thursday and will get a feel for if that's on the radar really, or not. They've been together 6 months

She sounds so cute! Would it be cheaper for them to rent points? Whats the cancelation policy on cash reservations? I've seen David's rent for $7 a point last minute. Just brainstorming with you. :goodvibes

They are pretty averse to renting points as that is a final transaction. Which is a bummer as that's definitely the best way to go but they'd really need to do it now to be at BW, or honestly have done it already to have gotten the standard studio which are now all gone basically. They aren't keen on laying out that much cash now for something 11 months away, that's non refundable, and I get that.

To buy enough points even with resale prices just didn't pencil, would have been more than rack rate without a discount for the time period. With a regular room booking it gives them lots of flexibility for flight changes or if my little sis ends up pregnant and can't go or gosh, who knows. And last minute could be very hard to get something for their dates plus with the holidays I'm thinking $10 is more likely than $7 for last minute, which would be about the same as a cash booking depending on where they decide, regular point rental would be more. You never know though, it is an option, just one I kind of gave up pushing them on. No actual member cash rates for the dates yet but we expect them to not be much of a discount. Cancellation on that though is no biggie, just like a regular Disney room only booking, one night deposit and 72 hour cancel policy. So if and when I get those rates, I will let them know and they may or may not have booked something else in the meantime. I can only control our ressie and am trying to let it go but I am positive there will be shuffling of some sort and drama. No matter how well intentioned every one is, with that many people there will be some kind of wrinkle, it's inevitable.

I think SSR is nicer than OKW, I can see why the points are a little more especially for the THV. We can disagree. :flower3:

The GV points are LOT more for SSR. Check it out.

For the 9 nights of our trip...

BWV GV 880
SSR GV 763
OKW GV 545

Crazy!!!! Although I couldn't actually pull off 9 nights at OKW, only 7 lol. That's what happens when you turn your couples trip into a full week and borrow a few points so it can all be ocean view :rotfl2: And I used up all my SSR 2012 on the summer trip, I kind of botched the initial purchase for my UY, had I done it 6 weeks earlier I'd have had a whole other year of points to play with but who knew. Cie la vie. In a way it was a blessing that my little sis flat out said they didn't want to share a room with anyone as then it let me use my points, for me, and not feel guilty.

Or at least not much (guilt). Realistically we are housing 4 others in our villa and so they are getting a vastly less expensive trip as a result and I do feel a little guilty about it. Not a lot. We are picking up the room for my single mom sister, her 2 kids and then one other nephew whose (divorced) folks may or may not go. Their other son won't be on our trip as he has a year abroad for HS and that's costing them a small fortune so they may be lucky to come up with airfare and tickets. My sister is just finishing grad school and starting her teaching internship, she doesn't even know if she has a job until summer or even fall so she's in the same boat, if not worse.

Jeff and I will pay for the 1 nephews food if we need to so he can go but hopefully the rest won't be an issue. I don't think it will but when it comes time to buy flights and coordinate it so we are flying together...it could get interesting if neither of his folks really go. I figure the 2 adult couples with no kids should be able to afford their own room. But still, it's a bit unfair and I can't really tell if it bugs them, or not. I wish I could just take them all.

So yeah, longer trip and overall hopefully better as even with a GV we wouldn't have all fit. You never know, if it is actually open at 7m I suppose it's a possiblility to switch but I don't know that it really helps us all that much and then I'd still have to pay cash for a couple of nights so I'd be the one really losing out in that scenario. I think, for the time of year and the mix of adults/kids/couples that being at BW for the actual holiday outweighs the space in the OKW GV. Of course for all I know they are already gone, I can't see availability there. :rotfl:

I'm not sure about SSR being nicer than OKW as I've only stayed at OKW but I find it odd that the THV is more points than BWV. And the fact that they haven't sold out a single night over the holidays would indicate to me that they went a bit too far in the reallocation.

You're a good mama! I don't blame you though, we moved for 2 nights and it was hardly worth it. Joshua and Chloe were my THV fans and I'm so glad we stayed there. I loved every minute of it. I really like that you'll be near Epcot for NYE. It'll be fantastic! I'm so wanting to try the BWV. They look like a total blast to me.

I think if you know what to expect on a move day, it can be fine. It is a pita but I do like trying other resorts, just hate getting there too early and room not being ready. I've had days go super easy, and others take a long time. We will see but as it will be day 7 for my crew, we will likely be ready for a down day anyway. It will be interesting. With online check in at 60 days now for the whole fp+/magic band what not around the corner, the days of heading over early to check in live may be a thing of the past as there is now a drawback to not checking in. Which is a bit of a bummer as that's always seemed to work better for me on getting a room request filled.

Wow, that is a low inventory. It's like GCV low. Both resorts need to make more villas.

Well there are 149 total possible 2B's so in the big picture, it's 3x the size of GCV. It's just only 22 of them with BW view.

By walking do you mean you added on a day each day? I've never fully grasped the term. I'm glad you're getting what you want so far. :woohoo:

That is one way to do it. Theoretically no one can book "your" room as long as you stay a day ahead of the 11m window. So, as long as you call and modify the reservation to keep it ahead of the window you could book it a full week early, but not call to modify until day 5 or 6. That assumes you have enough points to do that though! I only did it when I saw that both the 11m day AND the day after were gone which mean that on that day, even if I'd wanted to book, I couldn't and I was blocked out of the next day even though it wasn't 11m for that day as well. If enough people do walk, or have just booked earlier start dates that go into yours, you could end up never being able to get a reservation started which is why folks "walk".

Here is what I did:

Booked online on 1/26 for 12/26-12/29
called on 1/27. Dropped 1/26, added 12/30
called on 1/28. Dropped 1/27, added 12/31, 1/1
called on 1/29. Dropped 1/28, added 1/2, 1/3.

I could have skipped calling on the 27th and been ok but honestly those dates are such a premium I didn't want to tie anything up longer than I needed it for, it seemed rude.

I also didn't really have to call today, could have waited until Thursday or Friday but I didn't see the point in that either. Had I waited until today to book, my "real" 11m day it is very possible I'd have been out of luck. at 8:02 it showed gone online, as did the following day. It did open back up for a bit but not for long. I probably could have waited to book until yesterday though, instead of starting the 26th but felt safer getting in the line then. And really, it was 3 phone calls. Other than the early mornings to check the online status, not really a big deal to do at all, very painless for them to modify over the phone.

Now I just go online on 2/4 to book the THV dates and we are done.

Praying for luck at the 7 month mark. :worship: <---- me praying. :rotfl2: We can always stay at my friend's, which we will for a few days after the Disneyland part. Personally I'd rather do a Disney Cruise but the price doubles over the actually holiday. :faint: Don't get me wrong, I'm elated for Disneyland but in a perfect world, we'd be on a cruise Christmas Day. I just can't swallow the price tag.

Oh I hear you there, prices on ones around spring break if you aren't Easter week are SO much better. Summer is a crazy surcharge as well.

I have the 2013-2014 school year calendar saved on my iPad. I'm planning all kinds of trips we won't take. :lmao: Planning keeps me sane and it's less fattening than drinking. When is your winter break? When is your Spring Break? Missing two days isn't bad at all. Your tempting me to allow them to miss although Chloe made me change her teeth cleaning appointment for this morning because she doesn't want to miss any school. She's tired of being grounded. :

2 days should be ok. More than that made me nervous so I am very relieved that's all it is as depending on when the break started, it could have been 4 and then I'd have been possibly changing our dates a little, which I don't wan to do.

I am so sorry. I thought I replied. :blush: I wish you would have come too but done is done, we've all been there. :goodvibes Next time. Who knows, I may tag along on some of your next girls' trip. Cynthia can vouch, I'm not totally nuts.

Yep, I can vouch for that. Heck for that matter, I can vouch that Mary Ellen isn't totally nuts either :rotfl:

me on the other hand....:lmao:

Keep us posted.

We're going the last week of August. We usually fly but we're bringing my step-dad (my mom just passed away and we're all struggling a bit) and my nanny. It'll be fun to try something new. We're going to get sleeper compartments because I can't imagine sleeping in a chair and then functioning the next day...

Amanda

Tom is all about convenience so the idea of spending 18 hours on a train when it's only 2.5 hours to fly.... :scared1:
On the other hand we'll have 4 adults and 3 children so it's a pretty good ratio! :thumbsup2

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter