Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

I hear you there. Evan and Eric were convinced they went into the ocean in Nassau and it took a bunch of chatting for them to go oh yeah...that was Vero. Poor baby wanted America. I think they ended up having to go all the way to Fountainview to find something open? Yikes, not sure, that's a Jenna question for sure.

I think my margarita was strong because I don't remember anything about America. :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Kids are funny. You did the hotel in Nassau right? Joshua swore we went straight back but now I totally remember your bus showing up after Soarin' and you high tailing it out of there. I get by with a little from my friends. :flower3:

Well the drink isn't smaller :rotfl: but you can get them shaken and poured versus on the rocks for some of them although I don't know which ones. I know someone had blood orange and no, no clue on the rest lol! Cucumber? Jalepeno? Basil? I know they have all of those...

I'm no help am I? :rotfl:

I swear someone got jalapeño, maybe Michael? :confused3 Next time I'm there, I'm staying for two and relaxing. It's funny no matter how many trips we take to WDW, we learn so much about what to do more or less of, what to try, do better, skip altogether etc....​

Oh please! We have four kids remember? We'd probably scar you! :rotfl: And I'm the oldest of 6. Tag along, bring Jenna!! Next one looks to be May of 2014....Flower and Garden :goodvibes A girls trip is much more relaxing though, no doubt. Just wait, next New Years I will be a train wreck. 5 teenage boys. In one villa. I'll need to turn the villa into a Ditch just to survive. Heck just the planning right now is a bit :scared1: but I'm trying to roll with it and not stress as I wait for the 11m day to come and decide whether to "walk" or not.

What are you trying to decide about the 11th month? Walk the reservation? Is it longer than 7 nights? Are you moving resorts? And 5 teenage boys? :faint: Are you doing a GV?

May of 2014? Do you have dates already? Crazy that we are all planning that far out isn't it? Or is it? :cloud9:

Our summer anniversary plans are all whacked out now. Our plan was to do 12 days somewhere over the summer. I want August, when its more $$$ but the kids are out of school and Michael wants September when it's less $$$ and the kids are in school. I told him there is no way we can leave the kids for 2 weeks during school with all of their dance and soccer even with Gabby driving. Impossible Add the fact that I'm at about at my wits end with this whole Utah/freezing/winter thing. So I think we're going to celebrate our anniversary in January by going somewhere warm. Now that still leaves the issue of school and rides but it gives me a break during the winter and it'll be for a week not 12 days. I've got so many ideas, its making me crazy. :scared:

We've had the Cucumber. Honestly, it was pretty forgettable. I loved the blood orange and the avocado, though. They were divine! ::yes::

I loved the blood orange. I recall an avocado on the menu. I've had pineapple and cilantro elsewhere and it was so good. :thumbsup2 Now I want a margarita and it's 6 am.​

I think my margarita was strong because I don't remember anything about America. :rotfl: :thumbsup2

You may have been tied up with kids ordering food too, and we were kind of split up at what 2-3 tables?

Kids are funny. You did the hotel in Nassau right? Joshua swore we went straight back but now I totally remember your bus showing up after Soarin' and you high tailing it out of there. I get by with a little from my friends. :flower3:

I did, I ran for that bus! Too funny, I found out later that Mary Ellen woke at midnight thought about whether she should be worried I wasn't back yet and then apparently decided I was a big girl and went back to sleep. I got back by 12:30 I think. Yep, hotel in Nassau and both boys wouldn't go in the Ocean..."it stings my skin"

Yeah and you wonder why we aren't taking you to Hawaii? It's funny, they spend SO much time in the lake here it's like they have zero tolerance for the ocean. Which I get if it was going into Puget Sound but in FL? Funny how a change of venue can change that though....reality is I'm sure they'd love Aulani. Maybe someday.

I swear someone got jalapeño, maybe Michael? :confused3 Next time I'm there, I'm staying for two and relaxing. It's funny no matter how many trips we take to WDW, we learn so much about what to do more or less of, what to try, do better, skip altogether etc....

Could be. I know Mary Ellen loves the jalapeño I have no desire to even try it!

What are you trying to decide about the 11th month? Walk the reservation? Is it longer than 7 nights? Are you moving resorts? And 5 teenage boys? :faint: Are you doing a GV?

The plan, the HOPE is for the following

12/29-1/4 BWV, 2B Boardwalk View
1/4-1/7 THV

Rooming is a little TBD but will most likely be

at the BW:
  • Master: Jeff and I.
  • Studio (BWV only has lockoffs, kind of a bummer) all 5 boys (one air mattress)
  • Living Room : My sister and maybe ex SIL (they'd share the pullout if so). OR her youngest who is a bit of a mama's boy still, might stay out there with her.

I'm a fan of locking them all in one room, with their own bathroom and fridge and microwave and a nice full kitchen/LR between me and them. Or really Jeff and them!

2 Cash rooms booked separately, right now the top contender is Swolphin for my Mom/Dad and then other sister/BIL. Their dates will probably be slightly different.

THV...haven't figured out that part yet. Not sure if everyone will be along for all 9 days so I'll worry about that part once we have dates. Inclination is the boys get the other 2 bedrooms and sister takes LR again. I really don't want the kids in my living space!

There are some wildcards. ExSIL and or my brother may or may not go (parents of one of the boys, if not nephew is just traveling with us). My sister who would maybe share that bed with ExSIL (who we adore) has a new BF who has 2 girls and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if another cash room with that group happened.

But all I need to worry about right now is getting our villa at 11m. Which is incredibly stressful!

I'd love to do a GV. Definitely nowhere near enough points for that, especially at that time of year. And honestly other than the big kitchen and much better dining layout, it really doesn't help the sleeping situation much given the bedroom layout. Adult couples really don't want to share rooms. I had originally considered trying to switch to one at OKW at 7m (could swing that) but have been told that's a total pipe dream for NYE. Plus everyone else wanted RBV and THV more. So I have to decide whether or not to try and walk the BWV ressie (not really worried about the THV with those dates).

Here are my options.

1. Walk each day, starting this sat on the 26th. Book online on the 26th and then call at 9am on the 27, 28 and 29 to modify.

Pro: Locks up our start date (29th) as early as we can.
Con: Can't book actual NYE until the 28th due to the high points and lose the hour online advantage.

2. Walk by just one day, starting on the 28th and booking online which gets us through NYE and NYD. Call the next day to modify.

Pro: Locks up through NYE/NYD
Con: NYE might be gone by then. Locking up the days before may, or may not help me with that, so impossible to know!

3. Do nothing, book all online on the 29th. Pray.

Here is the reality. We are trying for the Sunday check in which of course is hugely popular. The Sunday before ours (22nd) had it's 11m date yesterday. ALL room views for a 2B on the 22nd are gone, some were gone before the yesterday, like 1-3 days prior! Boardwalk and Standard are gone for the 23rd and were within the first 1-2 hours. As it's 5am PST to try, I wasn't online right then but think I need to be for the rest of the week to really track. Which sucks! In comparison, not one night is gone for THV.

I have to decide if trying to lock up my first (and then 2nd) night is worth potentially losing the 1 hour online advantage for the first day I could book through NYE and if so, I'll be online at 5am on Sat, on the phone at 6am sun, mon and tues until this is done. Not to mention god only knows how long it takes to get a live rep at 9am EST, do people robo dial starting a few minutes early or what?

Very stressed out about it and don't even know what to do if I can't get it. Do I book Pool/garden for the whole thing assuming I can get it and waitlist? Do I take a split view reservation and waitlist the nights I didn't get for BW view (which Jeff REALLY REALLY wants) or ???

:scared1:

What if I can't get NYE at all at BWV even at 11m?

May of 2014? Do you have dates already? Crazy that we are all planning that far out isn't it? Or is it? :cloud9:

We do actually, I'll have to look and see what they are but we've got a 1-2 range in our sights, later part of the month. It is crazy, and good, and crazy.

Our summer anniversary plans are all whacked out now. Our plan was to do 12 days somewhere over the summer. I want August, when its more $$$ but the kids are out of school and Michael wants September when it's less $$$ and the kids are in school. I told him there is no way we can leave the kids for 2 weeks during school with all of their dance and soccer even with Gabby driving. Impossible Add the fact that I'm at about at my wits end with this whole Utah/freezing/winter thing. So I think we're going to celebrate our anniversary in January by going somewhere warm. Now that still leaves the issue of school and rides but it gives me a break during the winter and it'll be for a week not 12 days. I've got so many ideas, its making me crazy. :scared:

I hear you, though in some ways it is easier for people to watch your kids during the school year and then to try to keep them (or at least mine) entertained if there is a ton of down time like summer. But the logistics to try and get anyone else to cover is a nightmare. The E's are probably just going to miss somethings while we are in Hawaii to minimize it but even then, what would be "quiet" to us will be exhausting to my folks.

I think Sept is hard as school has just started, Oct a little easier if you are going to do it during school but Jan/Feb for getting out of dodge...just lovely! I'd LOVE to be going somewhere warm next month, we were just whinging about it last night even though we do have something on the books it's still 4 months away.

ok, per Pat, she had the cucumber

IMG_0138.jpg

and I used my dining app to see what was open and that's how we ended up in Morocco

:rotfl:

Funny part of this picture is I have a picture (just posted on the F&W Gaston TR) of me taking a picture of my drink, that shows her taking this picture. So funny to see the exact same thing from different viewpoints. I did totally steal some of your pictures for my update as they came out better :thumbsup2

Hey guys!

I wanted to spread the news. It may not be cancer with Scotty. The Dr told him today that if it is cancer it is very treatable.

kaoden39 said:
Hey guys!

I wanted to spread the news. It may not be cancer with Scotty. The Dr told him today that if it is cancer it is very treatable.

This is AWESOME news Michele! :woohoo: I bet you're feeling some sense of relief.​

eandesmom said:
ok, per Pat, she had the cucumber

and I used my dining app to see what was open and that's how we ended up in Morocco

:rotfl:

Funny part of this picture is I have a picture (just posted on the F&W Gaston TR) of me taking a picture of my drink, that shows her taking this picture. So funny to see the exact same thing from different viewpoints. I did totally steal some of your pictures for my update as they came out better :thumbsup2

I'm glad I've got you and Pat to recall the details! :blush:

And now I recall you using your app. You stole my pics? :lmao: Steal away.​

You may have been tied up with kids ordering food too, and we were kind of split up at what 2-3 tables?

Story. Of. My. Life. :rotfl:

I did, I ran for that bus! Too funny, I found out later that Mary Ellen woke at midnight thought about whether she should be worried I wasn't back yet and then apparently decided I was a big girl and went back to sleep. I got back by 12:30 I think. Yep, hotel in Nassau and both boys wouldn't go in the Ocean..."it stings my skin"

Was the water super salty? Why did it burn?​

Yeah and you wonder why we aren't taking you to Hawaii? It's funny, they spend SO much time in the lake here it's like they have zero tolerance for the ocean. Which I get if it was going into Puget Sound but in FL? Funny how a change of venue can change that though....reality is I'm sure they'd love Aulani. Maybe someday.

:rotfl2: Exactly! I'm surprised too they don't like the ocean, is it maybe the waves?​

Could be. I know Mary Ellen loves the jalapeño I have no desire to even try it!

I had a pineapple jalapeño one here and it was amazing. :thumbsup2 The sweet with the hot and salty, winning combo.​

The plan, the HOPE is for the following

12/29-1/4 BWV, 2B Boardwalk View
1/4-1/7 THV

Rooming is a little TBD but will most likely be

at the BW:
  • Master: Jeff and I.
  • Studio (BWV only has lockoffs, kind of a bummer) all 5 boys (one air mattress)
  • Living Room : My sister and maybe ex SIL (they'd share the pullout if so). OR her youngest who is a bit of a mama's boy still, might stay out there with her.

I'm a fan of locking them all in one room, with their own bathroom and fridge and microwave and a nice full kitchen/LR between me and them. Or really Jeff and them!

Lockoffs are totally the way to go with guests I think. That way they've got their own little space too thats maybe a little more convenient than always using the big fridge especially at night if you're using the pull out too.​

2 Cash rooms booked separately, right now the top contender is Swolphin for my Mom/Dad and then other sister/BIL. Their dates will probably be slightly different.

I have read a ton of great things about the Swalphin. I think it's a great choice.​

THV...haven't figured out that part yet. Not sure if everyone will be along for all 9 days so I'll worry about that part once we have dates. Inclination is the boys get the other 2 bedrooms and sister takes LR again. I really don't want the kids in my living space!

The second bedroom has 2 queens. How old are all of the 5 boys?​

There are some wildcards. ExSIL and or my brother may or may not go (parents of one of the boys, if not nephew is just traveling with us). My sister who would maybe share that bed with ExSIL (who we adore) has a new BF who has 2 girls and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if another cash room with that group happened.

But all I need to worry about right now is getting our villa at 11m. Which is incredibly stressful!

I am sure it's super stressful. :hyper: You've the home court advantage though. Even over NYE, I think you'll be okay.

If they're booking their own cash room then that's good, less stress for you other than ADRs. How many does that make for dinner? :faint:

I'd love to do a GV. Definitely nowhere near enough points for that, especially at that time of year. And honestly other than the big kitchen and much better dining layout, it really doesn't help the sleeping situation much given the bedroom layout. Adult couples really don't want to share rooms. I had originally considered trying to switch to one at OKW at 7m (could swing that) but have been told that's a total pipe dream for NYE. Plus everyone else wanted RBV and THV more. So I have to decide whether or not to try and walk the BWV ressie (not really worried about the THV with those dates).

What if they used the cash that they are using towards room towards a GV? OKW GVs are amazing! We stayed with Jenna and family there for 5 nights and it was incredible. We had beds that weren't touched. It's worth calling on. :thumbsup2

Here are my options.

1. Walk each day, starting this sat on the 26th. Book online on the 26th and then call at 9am on the 27, 28 and 29 to modify.

Pro: Locks up our start date (29th) as early as we can.
Con: Can't book actual NYE until the 28th due to the high points and lose the hour online advantage.

2. Walk by just one day, starting on the 28th and booking online which gets us through NYE and NYD. Call the next day to modify.

Pro: Locks up through NYE/NYD
Con: NYE might be gone by then. Locking up the days before may, or may not help me with that, so impossible to know!

3. Do nothing, book all online on the 29th. Pray.

Here is the reality. We are trying for the Sunday check in which of course is hugely popular. The Sunday before ours (22nd) had it's 11m date yesterday. ALL room views for a 2B on the 22nd are gone, some were gone before the yesterday, like 1-3 days prior! Boardwalk and Standard are gone for the 23rd and were within the first 1-2 hours. As it's 5am PST to try, I wasn't online right then but think I need to be for the rest of the week to really track. Which sucks! In comparison, not one night is gone for THV.

:scared: :crazy2: Those options are making me nervous and it's not my trip. Wishing some super strong pixie dust your way! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

The THV didn't book up for our trip until about 9 months before. Of course I checked daily to feel extra cool that we got it at 11 months. :smokin:

I have to decide if trying to lock up my first (and then 2nd) night is worth potentially losing the 1 hour online advantage for the first day I could book through NYE and if so, I'll be online at 5am on Sat, on the phone at 6am sun, mon and tues until this is done. Not to mention god only knows how long it takes to get a live rep at 9am EST, do people robo dial starting a few minutes early or what?

Was today the Saturday? Did you get it? What did you do?​

Very stressed out about it and don't even know what to do if I can't get it. Do I book Pool/garden for the whole thing assuming I can get it and waitlist? Do I take a split view reservation and waitlist the nights I didn't get for BW view (which Jeff REALLY REALLY wants) or ???

:scared1:

What if I can't get NYE at all at BWV even at 11m?

You will. How can you not get it on the day of the 11 month? I think you'll be okay. Now if you don't get it I'd go for any view you can get and wait list the entire stay. I guess it depends on the dynamics of the party on whether I'd want to move with a group that size. We went from the OKW to AKV with Jenna and it went fine but it's a lot of work making sure everyone is ready. If you do decide to move, I'd just set your bar at an 11 am check out and not get your hopes up for any sort of park time that morning.​

We do actually, I'll have to look and see what they are but we've got a 1-2 range in our sights, later part of the month. It is crazy, and good, and crazy.

I hear you, though in some ways it is easier for people to watch your kids during the school year and then to try to keep them (or at least mine) entertained if there is a ton of down time like summer. But the logistics to try and get anyone else to cover is a nightmare. The E's are probably just going to miss somethings while we are in Hawaii to minimize it but even then, what would be "quiet" to us will be exhausting to my folks.

I think Sept is hard as school has just started, Oct a little easier if you are going to do it during school but Jan/Feb for getting out of dodge...just lovely! I'd LOVE to be going somewhere warm next month, we were just whinging about it last night even though we do have something on the books it's still 4 months away.

I hear ya. I literally haven't seen the sun in 2 weeks. I'm empathetic to Jack Nicholson's character in the shining. :crazy2: Seriously.

I'm opting out of taking the kids during school. It's just too hard. :sad: I miss the days of being able to blow it off.

You know this but Joshua wants to do Disneyland for his bar mitzvah trip. He wants part Disney/part beach. ::yes:: My crazy kids will swim in the ocean in December. :p Right now, this would be our ideal plan:

12/21 (Chloe's birthday): drive to Vegas, stay the night
12/22-12/27: GCV and Disneyland/DCA
12/27-12/29: my friend's house, do the whole HB, SB, shopping thing
12/29: drive to vegas, stay the night
12/30: home to Utah​

I've gotten myself so far behind that I'm never going to catch up so I'm just going to jump back in!
We're booked in a Treehouse in August so I need to go back and review your experience. It'll be the 5 of us + my nanny and now my step-dad since he's pretty miserable since my mother just passed away unexpectedly. I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up and updating my own stuff!

Amanda

Hey guys!

Very happy to see your post. Once again - a stranger but sending good thoughts your way.

I've gotten myself so far behind that I'm never going to catch up so I'm just going to jump back in!
We're booked in a Treehouse in August so I need to go back and review your experience. It'll be the 5 of us + my nanny and now my step-dad since he's pretty miserable since my mother just passed away unexpectedly. I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up and updating my own stuff!

Amanda

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: Hope you're doing okay. :goodvibes

I'm not sure if I'm more envious over the nanny or the THV. :rotfl2: I loved the THV, we all did. We'd stay there again in a minute and I'm sure we will. Tell me about your plans. I'm happy to answer any questions.​

Drinks and bright smiles. Lovely. :goodvibes

:thanks: It's always great meeting up with new and old friends.​

rentayenta said:
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: Hope you're doing okay. :goodvibes

I'm not sure if I'm more envious over the nanny or the THV. :rotfl2: I loved the THV, we all did. We'd stay there again in a minute and I'm sure we will. Tell me about your plans. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Are there any location requests we should make? We're taking the auto train so we'll have a car...
And maybe I won't order quite as much food as you did!

Amanda

Are there any location requests we should make? We're taking the auto train so we'll have a car...
And maybe I won't order quite as much food as you did!

Amanda

We had THV 7018 and it was perfect. We didn't have a car and I don't think we needed one. Not as much food? Why not? :lmao: :blush:

I have to say that I am really regretting not staying in the park and hanging out with you guys that night. I was just - done! But it looks like you had such a blast and I still love that you guys each got different rites (Cynthia posted you pics in our TR).

Well, I hope really do hope our paths cross again and this time I won't head home because of aching feet (and fatigue).

Your first Illuminations picture is really beautiful! I want that!

Looks like you had an awesome night!

Hey guys!

This is awesome news Michele! thanks for sharing and I'm so glad to hear it!

We had THV 7018 and it was perfect. We didn't have a car and I don't think we needed one. Not as much food? Why not? :lmao: :blush:

:lmao:
I loved the pictures of your food! Since we'll have a car, we'll be able to return to a grocery store if we need to buy more. :thumbsup2 I tend to buy too many groceries for our trips anyway.

Amanda

DrMomof3 said:
:lmao:
I loved the pictures of your food! Since we'll have a car, we'll be able to return to a grocery store if we need to buy more. :thumbsup2 I tend to buy too many groceries for our trips anyway.

Amanda

Having a car will be nice. Do you drive to WDW or rent one when you arrive?

I bought too much of some stuff and could have used more of others. Live and learn. We didn't go hungry- lol.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter