Liberty Tree Sally Lunn Rolls

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by hegs65, May 20, 2001.

1. hegs65

hegs65 DIS Veteran

If anyone is interested, here is the recipe for Sally Lunn rolls. They serve these delicious rolls at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Back in February I called the chef at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and he was kind enough to mail me the recipe! Here it is, ENJOY!

1 cup milk
    1/2 cup veg. shortening
    1/4 cup water
    4 cups sifted all purpose flour
    1/3 cup sugar
    2 tsp. salt
    2 pkgs. active yeast
    3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    1)Butter 2 each 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 in loaf pan
    2)Heat milk, shortening, and water until very warm; about 120 degrees. The shortening doesnt need to melt.
    3)Combine 1 1/3 cups of flour and the sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
    4)Add the warm liquids to the flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
    5)Gradually add 2/3 cups of flour and the eggs. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
    6)Add 2 cups of flour. Mix well. The batter will be thick but not stiff.
    7)Cover the dough and let rise in a warm, draft free place (85 degrees) until it doubles in bulk, about 1 1/4 hours.
    8)Punch the dough down and divide it between the prepared pans.
    9)Cover and let rise in a warm, draft free place until it has increased in bulk from 1/3 to 1/2.
    10) Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
    11) Remove from oven and cool on racks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

4. Margie J

Margie J <font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon

Thanks so much. I'll have to give these a try. :bounce:

5. TinkerbellTracy

TinkerbellTracy Earning My Ears

One question--do you make these into rolls-if so what size and shape? Or is it baked in the loaf pans like bread? We loved the rolls at the Liberty Tree Tavern-does anyone have a recipe for the salad?

6. hegs65

hegs65 DIS Veteran

I specifically asked the chef for the roll recipe but for some reason he gave me the recipe for 2 loaves of bread. I plan to try and make this recipe into rolls though. They were soooo delicious! Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier, for an extra special touch, serve them with apple butter or honey butter. YUM!!!

7. Beth E. (NJ)

Beth E. (NJ) <font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu

I was thinking about the bread and butter that they serve at the Liberty Tree Tavern the other day. Then I looked around and found this recipe. Cool!

8. JennSaint

JennSaint DIS Veteran

I now will definately be making a PS for LTT. My DH and I ate at Sally Lunns in Bath England and those rolls are delicious!