• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LF: Service to transport and set up/take down RV in Orlando

wdwexpert

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow campers!

My Mother has just bought a 23' hybrid trailer. She will be storing it in Orlando in a storage facilty, but needs to find a company or person who can tow the trailer to her at Fort Wilderness and set it up for her, and correspondingly, pack it away, pump out, flush, etc. and return it to the storage location several times a year.

We need someone in early February and a couple of times in March. My brother will be driving it down from Canada in early January.

If anyone knows of a company that can do this service we would really appreciate hearing from you. The only one we can find is near Sarasota.

Thanks!

This should not be hard....

1. Try the storage place, see if they have anyone?

2. If you bought the RV down in florida or they have a dealer ship nearby..or any dealership for that matter, they always have people to set up and take down a unit for you..........it costs.....but this is a common thing.

Have a great time!:goodvibes

AKK

This should not be hard....

1. Try the storage place, see if they have anyone?

2. If you bought the RV down in florida or they have a dealer ship nearby..or any dealership for that matter, they always have people to set up and take down a unit for you..........it costs.....but this is a common thing.

Have a great time!:goodvibes

AKK

It is a Canadian purchased trailer. It is being stored at a boat & RV storage facility. They don't seem to offer that service.

I agree, it should be simple, but we can't seem to find someone!

I'm curious to hear what you find.

I've been looking at travel trailers - and I have a feeling I'd mostly use it at the Fort. Certainly nowhere around here. There are great deals to be had in this economy, but I have zero interest in buying a giant truck to tow one right now. It just isn't financially sound to drive it all the way to Orlando just to move a travel trailer once every other month or so.

I don't mind the flushing and draining... just the towing.

And good luck in your search!

Try calling Camping World in Kissimmee and see if they either offer the service or can recommend someone. Their number is 407-396-2600.

The other place I would call for recommendations is Camping Connection on W Irlo Bronson - 407-397-2267.

I don't know if either of these places offers this kind of service, but they might be able to hook you up with someone that does. I know someone has to offer this service because we knew people that wintered at the Fort some years ago who did this exact thing with their 5th wheel, and another elderly lady did the same with her travel trailer. Unfortunately, the lady is now deceased and I've lost touch with the other couple. But, you now have a couple of places to start with.

Just curious...What's wrong with camping around here?:confused3

Once you've lived "here" for 30 years, it does seem to lose its appeal! There are some great parks up on Lake Murray that I enjoy, but my parents have an older camper I could use there... Plus, it's not the Fort!

Try calling Camping World in Kissimmee and see if they either offer the service or can recommend someone. Their number is 407-396-2600.

....and another elderly lady did the same with her travel trailer. Unfortunately, the lady is now deceased and I've lost touch with the other couple. But, you now have a couple of places to start with.

Hmm, I knew this was going to come down to me being compared to an elderly lady. Never fails. lol

He could possibly run into me and my 70 million kids!:rotfl2:

Hey! I like kids! Now, if they're shining their lights into my tent in the middle of the night, we'll have to have a talk. I have a feeling, though, your kids wouldn't be getting away with that!

I'd rather sleep across from the banging door in the 2000 loop lol.

What about 70 million kids banging the comfort station door at 3am?

Hmm, I knew this was going to come down to me being compared to an elderly lady. Never fails. lol

Now we know why your profile picture is missing your right shoulder. You didn't want us to see your European Shoulder Bag! :lmao:

Hey! I like kids! Now, if they're shining their lights into my tent in the middle of the night, we'll have to have a talk. I have a feeling, though, your kids wouldn't be getting away with that!
What about 70 million kids banging the comfort station door at 3am?

I know her kids. Trust me just take the banging door and get you some earplugs.

Hello fellow campers!

My Mother has just bought a 23' hybrid trailer. She will be storing it in Orlando in a storage facilty, but needs to find a company or person who can tow the trailer to her at Fort Wilderness and set it up for her, and correspondingly, pack it away, pump out, flush, etc. and return it to the storage location several times a year.

We need someone in early February and a couple of times in March. My brother will be driving it down from Canada in early January.

If anyone knows of a company that can do this service we would really appreciate hearing from you. The only one we can find is near Sarasota.

Thanks!

Hey, where you from? I know a lot of tow company near in our place. Keep in touch dude.

Hmmmm.... isn't there a couple of Disers that rent out their fivers? If so, they're already capable of towing, flushing and setting up and such - someone with a better memory than mine might recall exactly who it is that offers this rental service. Never know, they might just be able to do exactly what you want as well!

What about some of the camper service companies that come to the Fort if you have a problem. I have seen a couple of the ones near Myrtle Beach setting up trailers at campgrounds around there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter