Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

What is the "magic chart"? Thanks!

Each cruise should be different, but the check in guests or upgrade desk has a print-out of prices to offer for upgrade from each category to another...

The "magic chart" is a chart the reps at the supervisor's desk at the port consult when people inquire about upgrades. It lists the prices from the cabin you are booked in to the cabin you want.

MJ

We got an upgrade from a 4a to a cat T suite and only paid an extra $525 for the upgrade. Since we had only paid about $1300 total for the original booking, I thought it was a great deal. But it was only a 3 night. Still, it was much less expensive than it would have been had we booked it when we booked the 4a room.

#1 Was upgrade available? Yes
#2. What category did you pay for? 6a
#3. Which Ship? Magic
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? Feb 22 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:45-11
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? 1 bed concierge
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1870
We didn't upgrade but a handful of people did. Also, I think there would have been a couple more upgrades available by they appeared to be redoing a few of the aft cabins on deck 8 as it was cordoned off all cruise. If we would have booked VGT, we might have upgraded but the cost would have been more too.

New
#2. What category did you pay for? 4a
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? Jan 3 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:45-11:00
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Walt Disney royal suite
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1250

Also offered upgrade to concierge family room for $475.00

New
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? Jan 3 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:45-11:00
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Walt Disney royal suite
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1250

Also offered upgrade to concierge family room for $475.00

Wow that sounds like a great price for the Royal Suite. Do you know how full your ship was?

So curious... maybe it says somewhere in this long thread but I didn't see it. If they offer the royal suite as a one-bedroom or royal suite upgrade and your family of 5 or 6 or 7 is in two connecting rooms can you swap your two connecting rooms for the one upgrade?

So curious... maybe it says somewhere in this long thread but I didn't see it. If they offer the royal suite as a one-bedroom or royal suite upgrade and your family of 5 or 6 or 7 is in two connecting rooms can you swap your two connecting rooms for the one upgrade?
I believe it is based on one room only. So you will keep one of your rooms. Some people use it to store luggage. (And yes, that is a cool upgrade offer!)

#2. What category did you pay for? VGT
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? March 21 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:00
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? 1 bedroom concierge
#8. How much was the upgrade? $2025

The first two times we sailed on the Magic (2010 and 2011) we booked an inside no-view room and were upgraded to an ocean view both times. We were upgraded for free when they assigned our room, before we even got to port.

The last time we were on the Magic 2013 we tried the same "trick" without success. So we planned to upgrade at the port. We were literally the first people at the check-in desk and there were no, zero, upgrades. Bummer, so we decided to try the inside no-view room. Boy are they small. I went up to customer service (?) and they said that there were no rooms, but to wait until the ship left port and check back. They put our name on a waitlist. After we left port they called and said that they had a verandah room available that we could have for extra $$, but I forget what the amount was. We took the room and they took our luggage to the new room. The funny thing was that they called and apologized for any problem we may of had and left a bottle of wine in the new room for any inconvenience.
I think that they always have some rooms that are unoccupied. Something might go wrong in one room and they need to put you in a different room, example: major repairs or maintenance in the room that you were assigned.

>
The rooms are the same size. Maybe the porthole made it seem bigger, but in reality it wasn't.

Has anyone ever been offered an upgrade at no charge if there were rooms available?
Last time we cruised (May of 2012) our family was not offered an upgrade, we simply were automatically upgraded about a week before sailing. I logged into our reservation to check out some details and saw our room had changed. This was a 7 day Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy, and we were upgraded from a standard ocean view stateroom to a deluxe family verandah at no charge.

#2. What category did you pay for? 5E
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? March 21 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:45
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Deluxe verandah family concierge 00V
Stateroom 12028
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1160
Totally worth it! Loved the room and the service from concierge.

I've seen a couple of upgrades here at 10am but I thought you usually couldn't get into the terminal before 10.30am, has this changed recently?

#2. What category did you pay for? 4C
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? April 18, 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:20
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? 1 Bedroom Concierge
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1460

#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? April 11, 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:45am
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? 1 Bedroom Concierge
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1385

We LOVED the opportunity to enjoy Concierge Level and the extra space we had in the one bedroom suite. However, we also realized that it was pure luck that we could get an upgrade to concierge. Looking at the next few months' sailings (out of curiosity), I noticed that there are either no Cat Vs and Cat Ts or maybe one available. So I agree with those who say that one should book the category that they would be most happy in and not put all their hopes into getting an upgrade. That is what we had to repeatedly remind ourselves of as we were heading to port that day as we did not want the lack of an upgrade to ruin our cruise experience. Hope this information is helpful.

I've seen a couple of upgrades here at 10am but I thought you usually couldn't get into the terminal before 10.30am, has this changed recently?

If you're on DCL transportation from MCO the first bus usually arrives around 10am and you are allowed in and to check in. Those who drive themselves or use transportation other than DCL are not typically allowed in before 10:30.

#2. What category did you pay for? 5A (FLR)
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing? April 18, 2015
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:30
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Family Verandha 00V Concierge
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1010

If you're on DCL transportation from MCO the first bus usually arrives around 10am and you are allowed in and to check in. Those who drive themselves or use transportation other than DCL are not typically allowed in before 10:30.

I don't believe there is a separation between bus arrivals and POV arrivals. You can get in from the two entries on the lower level and the one entry from the level 3 parking garage bridge. They all appear to open at same time.

We are already in a 4A, and I was hoping to grab an upgrade to a 1 bedroom at check in. Unfortunately the Disney site shows nothing available above a 4A for our cruise. In fact the only thing available are other Veranda staterooms. No inside or ocean view.

So this probably mean there will be no possibility of upgrade at the Port, correct?
Also, it probably mean our sailing is going to be loaded to near capacity, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter