Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mddisneyfamily, Apr 30, 2012.

1. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

I guess it depends on what catagory you are in now and when the GT rates show up.....

If you cancel within this period:

Suites/concierge staterooms:
    45 + Days prior to sail
    Loss of Deposit per guest.

Non-suites/concierge staterooms :
    74 - 45 Days prior to sail
    Loss of Deposit per guest.

All Categories:
    44 - 30 Days prior to sail
    50% of vacation price per guest

All Categories:
    29 - 15 Days prior to sail
    75% of vacation price per guest

All Categories:
    14 Days or less before sailing
    No refund

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Not quite as simple as this. If a *GT rate comes up BEFORE your paid in full date then yes, you would have to CANCEL that first reservation (not modify it to a #GT) and book the *GT (pay in full at time of booking and wait for the refund on the other cruise).

But, if *GT rate comes out AFTER the penalty period starts and you still want to book the *GT then you would have to cancel your current reservation and take the hit on whatever the penalty is for cancelling. Might not be worth it to cancel and rebook.

MJ

4. Bsb1012

Bsb1012 Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the information! I've been PIF for a while now, even though my PIF date isn't until March sometime. I don't want to take the risk of cancelling and rebooking for a cheaper rate even though this cruise is the most expensive cruise I've been on to date! Nobody does it better than Disney :cool1: I've been looking forward to this cruise since I first heard they were going to Greece!

However, my next cruise, I may wait to book and see if I can get a better rate :) I know I'm taking a chance, it's just that with this one, I didn't want to take the risk. Thanks again everyone! I love this board!:love:

5. Hannah0811

Hannah0811 Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, 2/3/13 Dream
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4C 7628
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with the assignment! Full verandah great location!
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? 68 days

:cool1:

6. Munkamamacallie

Munkamamacallie Mouseketeer

I'm confused...:confused3 I thought they wouldn't release vgt or any _gt rates until AFTER the PIF date? Thanks!

7. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, 2/3/13 Dream
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
    #3 What category room did you book?
    #4. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4C 7628
    #5. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with the assignment! Full verandah great location!
    #6. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
    #7. How many days before departure date did you book? 68 days

8. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

This is the *GT thread, not the GTY thread, so specific category doesn't apply. No one would be able to answer it. The general room type booked (inside, oceanview, verandah) is answered in question #1.

9. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

Oops sorry.

10. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

I am a planner, but the VGT rate was too good to pass up (last minute trip). We're 23 days out and waiting...

11. Munkamamacallie

Can someone tell me if DCL has a history of offering IGT, OGT or VGT rates during the summer? Thanks in advance for your help!

12. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

13. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

14. Munkamamacallie

15. PlumDragon

PlumDragon Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Dream, 2/28/13
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 70
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 6B, #7686
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. Deck 7 Aft, which is pretty much what we wanted.
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? 82

I decided to post just because mine doesn't seem to fit the pattern. I was checking rates online and was offered the VGT rate. Seemed like a good price, so I booked it. I was expecting to have to wait until closer to the cruise to get the room assignment. However, it was there when I logged into the DCL website a week after the PIF date ... I guess maybe someone didn't pay in full? :confused:

16. Luet02

Luet02 Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT, Magic 2/15
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11B, 6003
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's OK, definitely cheaper than our other 11B room
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? On the same floor, 5 rooms down
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? 49 days

17. TLSnell1981

It's getting hairy scary and I'm impatient...grrr.

18. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

You sure you booked a VGT rate and not a GTY ? They are still offering IGT/OGT/VGT for this cruise - *GT rates NEVER come out before PIF...

19. fatfish

fatfish DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT, Magic 2/15
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B, 2092
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? For that price its a great cabin! ;) Its midship, right down the stairs from the restaurants and down the hall from the Edge. It works for us!
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 65 days

20. TLSnell1981

The ship only shows a few available rooms and I'm still homeless. I am totally out of my comfort zone...no plans and no control. :crazy2:

**edited to add** it sold out yesterday. Yikes! I've never cruised on a sold out ship.

21. lv2glf

lv2glf Earning My Ears

18 days until my sailing... Dying to get my assignment. Booked a VGT on the Dream and from what I am reading here it seems people are generally pleased with their rooms. Stupid question: do we get an email or something or do I need to just keep checking my online reservation??