Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
I booked a VGT on the Disney Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
About two weeks
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
I got a category 4D, cabin 6104
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
I thought it was a great room and had the rainshower/tub combo and the room was huge.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

About 6 to 8 weeks

Looks like I'm the only one who didnt get an upgrade. My brother booked 11c, got 10b.

We're waiting for an IGT assignment on the 7/16 Wonder to Alaska :cool1:

Anyone else? Great thread, OP!

For my VGT on the wonder, the assignment was made on a monday. 2weeks before the ASI.ling

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days on Monday
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B, #8162
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm pretty happy with it, although I would have been happy with any verandah category except 7A
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 70

These assignments look great!

I wonder what my sold out June 16th cruise will look like since it's one of the discounted ones offered to DVC members where they most likely booked the best veranda category available since I believe all categories were offered at the same price. I'm thinking in this case we VGT'ers will be assigned lower categories.

Not complaining though- I'm happy with my price for a balcony, wherever it may be :-)

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 (Monday)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11C #2525
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not particularly happy, considering everyone else seemed to get at least a little upgrade. Yes, I feel it was a leftover.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 90

So for those who were wondering if your CC status, or being a DVC member might help in getting some kind of upgrade, the answer in our case is no. We are Gold CC and also DVC but not even a teeny, tiny upgrade. Oh well, we will still have a fun trip :)

We booked an OGT in February for our June cruise and got a 7A assigned

You're already assigned? I booked an OGT for our June cruise (well, 2 actually) and I'm STILL waiting! I'm hoping that I'll hear next Monday, which is 12 days out...

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
9 days out on a Tuesday
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
4D
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Very happy. I booked with less than 2 weeks before departure...took awhile to convince everyone. I am also really, really surprised we have connecting rooms this late in the game! Didn't particularily need connecting since its grandparents in the other room, but I was scared they were going to be on a different deck or all the way at the other end, so that worked out great. First cruise so hoping it's a good location.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
Connecting!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?
14 days!

Now I'm confused. I thought we had a 4d and they connected because that's what I got off cruisecritic. I just went and put in a fake reservation on the DCL site for another cruise and it came up as 5D and connected with the room on the other side. On the wdwinfo site it shows up as a 4B in a review, but a 4D in the plans of the decks. I might be reading the connecting arrows wrong. Is it the little arrow in both rooms pointing to the interior or is the small arrow closer to the verandah that means connecting?

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking a IGT, OGT or VGT room. I'm interested to see what categories are assigned, if the assigned rooms are in desirable locations, etc. I didn't see a thread that followed these over time, so if you booked one of these rooms could you please post your assignments when you get them (or post now if you recently got your assignment)? Please include:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT on the Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 3 days before the cruise
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11a
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I was happy. Got a good category room out of the main traffic flow and fairly close to the elevator
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 5 days

I think tracking this info over time will give us a better idea of what we might anticipate when booking one of these bargain rooms...

I got room 8589.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days before the cruise
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B, Room 8154
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy!!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 60 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT on the Fantasy, 2 rooms
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days before the cruise
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B, Rooms 2028 and 2040
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's what I expected, so I'm satisfied.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? No. We asked for connecting, and they're on the same deck 6 cabins away from each other. At least they're close!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 91 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, on the Fantasy.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10, according to my reservation page.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?category 5B, rather not say room number.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy - room between floors, near elevator, wonderful!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 4 rooms apart!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 77, just in time to cancel our regular priced porthole rooms and book the VGT!

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking a IGT, OGT or VGT room. I'm interested to see what categories are assigned, if the assigned rooms are in desirable locations, etc. I didn't see a thread that followed these over time, so if you booked one of these rooms could you please post your assignments when you get them (or post now if you recently got your assignment)? Please include:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT; Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy; we got rooms mid ship.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 3 rooms: 2 were connecting and one is right across the hall!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 88 days

Just got our room number today! #9101 on the Fantasy!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, on the Fantasy.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Four
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?Category 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Eight

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B - 8648
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy! On our first cruise we were on deck 2 Oceanview so this is a big step up for us!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 60 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!