• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's share some PI memories!!

NikkiLovesWDW!

"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S
Did you read the DIS update of the PI schedule next weekend?

SCHEDULE SEPTEMBER 25 -27:

* Adventurer's Club open at 6pm with additional Library shows
* Comedy Warehouse opens early with shows at 6:55pm, 8pm, 9:10pm, 10:25pm, 11:35pm and 12:45am
* SEPTEMBER 25-26: Live Band "Hip Kitty" performing four 45 minute sets: 7:30pm, 8:45pm, 10pm, 11:15pm
* SEPTEMBER 27: Live Band "Frankie and the West End Boys" performing four 45 minute sets: 7:30pm, 8:45pm, 10pm, 11:15pm
* DJ will be performing from 6pm - 1:30am between band sets

Between the live band and the DJ, it really reminds me of how PI used to be. I'm sure it's going to be really exciting and sad at the same time to be there this weekend. I'm very sad never to be able to experience that again. I remember the days when we walked onto the island to a DJ broadcasting from over my head, dancers on the side stage, walking up the hill to the main stage with crowds and crowds of people dancing while waitresses passed around jello shots in giant plastic syringes. PI has not been like that in some time but with it now officially closing, it now has no chance of ever going back to that again. :sad2: I feel very fortunate to have those memories.

Let's share some PI memories!!

Kongaloosh everbody! :drinking1

I remember being at PI on my honeymoon in 1991! Parts of it were under construction but we did see a comedy show and went to Mannequins..we were hoping to go again before it closed but no such luck.

Just got back. Was at PI on Sat night. Saw the first show at Comedy Warehouse and then off to AC to collect my numerous "Colonel" collector cups (WAY TOOO MANY TO COUNT). Saw so many old friends (Including our "first" Hathaway Brown (he was actually there as a guest/member not as an "actor" Mr. Jimmy, I believe) I recognized him as soon as I walked in he was wearing a navy sports jacket and tie, but still the "face" I loved many years ago. Many people were costumed as well as a "double Emil and Sugar". Not quite sure why there were two. Our favorite Prof. Wren was portraying Greeves this evening and Kirk was at the door to greet us. It was wall to wall stampedes into the library for all show, we were able to see both holiday shows, Samantha's Cabaret and the Hoopla (Hoopla!). It was sad and melancholy, but so great to see everyone who "belonged" enjoying each others company and comrarderie singing the Colonels "Beer song" and we marched along like adventurers til the wee hours of the morning! My kids (who are now 23 and 19 have many fond mermories as well, especially my daughter being hit on by Hathaway when she was 16 and looked older, quite a lot of comedy mileage out of that incident! and my son (who is an aspiring actor) being chosen and "picked on" so often during our 30 + visits over the years!

Here's to you PI! Thanks for the memories!

I too have fond memories of PI and am EXTREMELY sad to see it go. :sad1: I agree, it isn't what it once was but I'd prefer they rehab it and change a few things but keep it an adult area and not add more shopping and dining. There isn't anything like the AC or CWH.

My memories go back to the late 80's when myself and 2 of my girlfriends went on a trip to WDW and we were newly 21. That was back in the days when the Rock and Roll Beach Club (don't remember the name back then) had a floor where you could roller skate!! :lmao: You could buy Red Dog beer from a cart in the streets and felt grown up because we could actually get into Mannequins! Jello shots, syringe shots, fireworks everynight, club hopping..those were the days.

My best friend and I went back numerous times, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year (back in the days of no husbands, no children no responsibilities ;) and even spent NYE 1999 on PI and had a blast. We saw Rick Springfield, Huey Lewis and the News and Sister Hazel that year. We met a CM and became friends and spent many a night in the CWH hoping to be seated next to a phone so that we could have an improv made about us It never happened. 5 years ago, we went back for one last single girl's trip 3 months before my wedding. We were FINALLY sat next to a phone and guess what?? Wrong one, the one above us rang!!:rotfl2: My best memories though will always be of the AC. Frozen Kungaloosh's, bar seats that mysteriously slide down, The beer drinking song, the induction ceremony. The list goes on and on.

5 years ago I was able to introduce my husband to the joys of the AC and were looking forward to spending some time there again. Unfortunately, our trip isn't until next month so we will miss the last nights. :sad2: :sad1:

Whoever has the priveledge of being there this weekend, please have a kungaloosh for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter