Let's Play Games! An August 2016 PTR **TR Link!**

Hint #1!

Between now and departure, I'll be giving small hints now and again to help you out with the guessing (sometimes more than others ;))

I'll try to do it once a week, although there are times when it might be more spaced out!

But for today, here is Hint #1!

In regards to Question 1:

We will not be staying at a Deluxe Resort

(Hey, that eliminates a lot of options!)

Happy guessing! :cool1:

Super Quick Update!

I've made a small modification to the first Guessing List post. The modifications are in the information given to help out.

If you notice what the modification is, that could be a hint in itself ;)

So I'm sitting here, catching up... well... everywhere.
Plus I've got to remember to book a rental car for my trip to Montreal...
Now why is that ringing alarm bells.... hmmm.... Oh! I haven't put my guesses in on Marie's PTR!

Without further ado...

1. Which Resort are we staying at?
4 Points. If you look hard enough, this may be free points for you!

2. What Table Service Restaurants are we eating at?
2 Points per Restaurant. 1 Extra point for any Quick Service restaurant added!

3. What will be our First Park?
3 Points.

4. Which Character will we wait for the LONGEST?
2 Points.

5. Which Ride will be wait for the LONGEST?
2 Points.

6. How many times will we visit Each Park?
4 Points.

7. How many Resorts will we visit?
(Not counting where we will be staying)
5 Points. Extra points if you guess which!

8. What will be our First Park Ride of the trip?
3 Points.

9. What Character will we meet First?
3 Points.

10. Name FIVE Snacks we will have
1 Point per Snack. Five for Amber, Five for Marie

11. How many Pins will we Trade, in Total? (+/- 10)
5 Points.

12. What Ride will we do the Most?
2 Points.

13. How many times will we (read: Amber) need a Cardigan/Coat?
4 Points.

14. How many times will we take a Resort Break?
3 Points.

15. How many times will we take out our Ponchos?
5 Points.

16. How many different Modes of Transportation are we gonna use?
3 Points.

1. POP
2. Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, Beaches & Cream, Via Napoli or Tutto Italia, CP, BOG, 50s, Yak & Yeti, Biergarten, Boma
3. AK
4. Frozen chicks.
5. Splash
6. At least two
7. GF, WL, Poly, Contemporary
8. Dinosaur
9. Dug
10. pretzel, dole whip (you better!), popcorn, Mickey bar, cupcake (same for both of you)
11. 8?
12. HM
13. 8
14. 6
15. 3 (but rooting for zero)
16. 4

Challenge Away!

Wanna challenge us?

Do all five pirates adventures.
Go snorkeling in the Living Seas at Epcot. If that's not your thang... then skip it.
Pose (both of you... get someone to take the pic) with the wood carver in AK.
Chat with a Streetmosphere character.

1. POP
2. Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, Beaches & Cream, Via Napoli or Tutto Italia, CP, BOG, 50s, Yak & Yeti, Biergarten, Boma
3. AK
4. Frozen chicks.
5. Splash
6. At least two
7. GF, WL, Poly, Contemporary
8. Dinosaur
9. Dug
10. pretzel, dole whip (you better!), popcorn, Mickey bar, cupcake (same for both of you)
11. 8?
12. HM
13. 8
14. 6
15. 3 (but rooting for zero)
16. 4

Yaaay thanks for the guesses!

Quick question - should I like BOG as TS, QS or both? :P

And I am gonna throw you a bone

Dinosaur will be in refurb from July to September

Amber --> :sad:
Marie --> :yay:

Do all five pirates adventures.
Go snorkeling in the Living Seas at Epcot. If that's not your thang... then skip it.
Pose (both of you... get someone to take the pic) with the wood carver in AK.
Chat with a Streetmosphere character.

Oooh good ones! Although, we don't have extra money to spend, so we'll have to pass on the snorkeling for this time.

Hey everyone! I'm swinging by to give you your next hint :)

Hint #2!

In regard to Question 11:

To date, Marie and I have traded 266 pins over 5 trips.

Some trips were more of those and some were less, but at least you've got an average now :P

Happy guessing!

Holy crap!
But I'm in the ballpark!
I said 80 right?

Oh, it was 8? Merely a typo my dear.

70 Days!

Just making this tiny, itty bitty update to say we are currently 70 days out from our trip!

Meaning there is only 10 days to go until we can do our advanced FastPass+ selection!

And I haven't planned anything out about those yet. I clearly need to get a move on :scared1:

(In unrelated news, that also means there's only 12/14 days until our best friends arrive in Montreal to spend a week with us! :dance3:)

Time is dragging so slowly, please let it be August soon!

Last edited:
Hint #3

Here comes another one!

This one's a little more in depth

In regards to Question 2:

Of the restaurants we have ADRs for

• Four are completely new to us
• Two are pretty much tradition by now
• Two are repeat restaurants, with slightly different experiences

So, for all of you who haven't read our past trip reports... Sorry :rolleyes1

(If I feel nice later on, I may be persuaded to make a list of places we've eaten at before ;))

Happy guessing!

In regards to Question 2:

Of the restaurants we have ADRs for

• Four are completely new to us
• Two are pretty much tradition by now
• Two are repeat restaurants, with slightly different experiences

So, for all of you who haven't read our past trip reports... Sorry :rolleyes1

Actually... I've been so busy that I'm almost glad this doesn't help me. Now I don't have to go back and see what I put and change anything!

And... Hey! I just found out that Chenoy's is gone? (well, there's still one... but not the original location.)
There goes my dining plans for one day at least. Guess we'll do Schwartz's or Reuben's (closer).

Actually... I've been so busy that I'm almost glad this doesn't help me. Now I don't have to go back and see what I put and change anything!

Hey, that's just who I am. All about helping out ;)

And... Hey! I just found out that Chenoy's is gone? (well, there's still one... but not the original location.)
There goes my dining plans for one day at least. Guess we'll do Schwartz's or Reuben's (closer).

I'm gonna level with you here. I have no idea what Chenoy's is, but then, I'm not the biggest fan of smoked meat :duck: I know, I'm a travesty of a Montrealer. But to be fair, I just moved to Montreal in October ::yes::

Reuben definitely looks to be more downtown than Schwartz's though (I think I've actually passed it before on the way to work actually).

Been so stinking busy trying to finish school but *might* have time to play a little more on the DIS. Was just barely able to keep up on my own PTR, but was happy to find your PTR when I went searching. (haven't done that in a while) I'll catch up soon, but wanted to subscribe so I can find ya again. :)

Been so stinking busy trying to finish school but *might* have time to play a little more on the DIS. Was just barely able to keep up on my own PTR, but was happy to find your PTR when I went searching. (haven't done that in a while) I'll catch up soon, but wanted to subscribe so I can find ya again. :)

:welcome:

I hope your school year went by lightning fast! And I've been rotten at keeping up without nearly as good an excuse. Post Disney Depression will do that to you... I must be what, eight months behind on yours :headache: I can't even figure out where I've left off. Tried a couple of times by reading a random update, telling myself I needed to really find the right spot, and then repeat the process. Sheesh! Maybe I'll just have to start over again :P

:welcome:

I hope your school year went by lightning fast! And I've been rotten at keeping up without nearly as good an excuse. Post Disney Depression will do that to you... I must be what, eight months behind on yours :headache: I can't even figure out where I've left off. Tried a couple of times by reading a random update, telling myself I needed to really find the right spot, and then repeat the process. Sheesh! Maybe I'll just have to start over again :P

It's really not necessary! Just jump in where you can. But here's a synopsis to bring you up to speed...

I passed the last 2 terms with B's (decent) and am finishing up on Tuesday with our Pinning Ceremony on Friday.

Hmmm... let's see. I"m going through my Food Picks; all the ADRs are made, and I'm going through each meal/place with what I think Imma gonna eat.

I ROCKED my mortarboard- that is definitely worth a peek. Seriously, it turned out so beyond my wildest dream. I LOVE IT!

I'm started to assemble my wardrobe, including my Halloween Partay costume- there's a pretty cool accessory there.

That about sums it up. Lots, and I do mean LOTS to come: adult bevvies, snacks, my Shop Around the World, my wardrobe, you know... fun stuff.

I passed the last 2 terms with B's (decent) and am finishing up on Tuesday with our Pinning Ceremony on Friday.

Hmmm... let's see. I"m going through my Food Picks; all the ADRs are made, and I'm going through each meal/place with what I think Imma gonna eat.

I ROCKED my mortarboard- that is definitely worth a peek. Seriously, it turned out so beyond my wildest dream. I LOVE IT!

I'm started to assemble my wardrobe, including my Halloween Partay costume- there's a pretty cool accessory there.

That about sums it up. Lots, and I do mean LOTS to come: adult bevvies, snacks, my Shop Around the World, my wardrobe, you know... fun stuff.

Bs are good! I mean, with how much stuff you have to memorize and know, I don't understand how anyone could possibly know it all. Especially seeing as you have a life to handle outside of school.

Well that all sounds like stuff I want to catch up on! I love seeing other people's ADR and food choices ;) And I definitely want to have a look at that mortarboard.

I'm crossing my fingers for a quiet day at work today (although that would be a novelty nowadays..) and then I can hopefully spend some time catching up! We've been a bit swamped lately, because our biggest competitor (I work for a travel wholesaler, in the Cruise department) just up and stopped selling Cruise only vacations, now they only sell it as package, so anyone that wants to book just a cruise can't book with them anymore and is turning to us. Which, the majority of people want the combo, but you know. I've booked people from Montreal who wanted a cruise out of New York or Boston and were just gonna drive, or snowbirds who spend their winter in Florida and decide they might as well go on a cruise while they're there.

Long story short, we're busy ;) And this week we'll be getting ready for our best friends to come and spend a week with us :woohoo: which is very exciting since one of them we haven't seen in a year and the other one we haven't seen since October

But worse comes to worse, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in two weeks, so I'll have some free time after that :laughing:

I'm gonna level with you here. I have no idea what Chenoy's is, but then, I'm not the biggest fan of smoked meat :duck: I know, I'm a travesty of a Montrealer.

:eek:

But to be fair, I just moved to Montreal in October ::yes::

Well, okay. You get a pass.... this time!

Reuben definitely looks to be more downtown than Schwartz's though (I think I've actually passed it before on the way to work actually).

It's about a 5 minute walk from our hotel whereas Schwartz's is about a 15 minute drive. (If memory serves. Frequently doesn't.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter