Let's hear about All Star Movies!

2kidsForMe

Dreams of being a Guest without a Bag
Hi all. My 10 1/2 year old DD and I are heading down on Saturday morning for a first time stay at ASMo preferred room. Yay! Our original reservation was at POR but my DD is crazy about the Movies theme, and she is really looking forward to the atmosphere and food court :goodvibes. I am a little nervous though. I don't see a lot of info on the boards about ASMo. Lots out there on Pop and AoA. I am aware of the smallish rooms/beds and possibility of shared busses. It's too late to make any changes to our reservation anyway. So what should we expect? I would love to hear some good things about the resort. Thanks everyone.

My DH and I stayed there last year... It was ok. The theming around the resort is really cute, but the rooms were SO basic. I'm in the hotel industry, so I AM kinda fussy, though. :rotfl2: For the price, they're nice. I'm sure you will love it. :)

Coincidentally, we just made a res for POR today. ;)

Thank you. I guess I am looking for a bit of reassurance ;) When I mentioned to a friend yesterday that we switched from POR to ASMo, she said I was out of my mind :blush: I am thrilled to be spending some quality time with my DD, while she still loves to be with her mamma :cool1: So it's all good.

I just asked a similar question for our Sept trip. We stayed there in 2008 and didn't really care for it but since the renovations the kids wanted to give it another try. Our vacation has been booked since last July at POP (our fav) and we switched resorts last week. Everyone that commented on my post had really positive things to say about it!! I hope this helps and have a great vacay!! :cool1::thumbsup2

We like ASMo the best of the values. People seem to like POP but our family did not like it and will not go back. beds were terrible- and CHAOTIC!!!!! 1,000 more ppl at POP. ASMo. rooms are nice- just redone not to long ago. Preferred you are really close- so not to much walking. The theming is nice- the CM's were nice. buses weren't bad. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!

People seem to like POP but our family did not like it and will not go back- CHAOTIC!!!!! 1,000 more ppl at POP. ASMo. rooms are nice- just redone not to long ago. Preferred you are really close- so not to much walking. The theming is nice- the CM's were nice. buses weren't bad. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!

While I stay at Pop occasionally, I almost always stay at AS! IMHO Movies has the most fun theming. It is a friendly resort and I'll be there in August!!!

I am thrilled to be spending some quality time with my DD, while she still loves to be with her mamma :cool1: So it's all good.

So funny that you say that... I was thinking about my mom's and my first trip way back in *cough cough* the other day... I was 13 and like "mooommm, get AWAY!". Now I'm like "here mom, put on your ears and let's go ride Dumbo!" :lmao:

We stayed at ASMO in 2010 with our kids when they were DS6 DD8 at the time. They LOVED it which is really all that mattered to us. my DH and I liked it as well, but we didn't LOVE it like they did.
My kids really like the larger than life decor and the multiple pools. They also really enjoy the food courts. Negatives were the bus lines and we were in the mighty ducks area and it was a hike to refill your mug. :rotfl: we hardly used them. I see you are in a preferred room, so you won't have to worry about that.

I am sure you and your daughter are going to have a blast!! She is still at a great age!!!

If we had to choose 1 value, it would be POP, but I think they are all comparable....POP just has a slight leg up on the All Stars.

We loved the Toy Story area. I have fabulous pictures of my DD (now 11) when she was teeny, sitting in RC. We really enjoyed our stay at ASMovies. :goodvibes

We enjoy ASMO, the theming is great for kids. Yes the rooms are just rooms, but how much time do you really plan on being in them? Be glad of the time you will be spending with your DD. I bet you saved some money also changing resorts. You will have a blast walking around enjoying the decor of the resort. And look at it this way in a few years when she is more grown up and not so into theming you can enjoy the other resort and it will be a new experience for you.
If you haven't already use the money you saved and treat her to a special experience character dining, bibbidi bob bidi boutique, or a tour. No matter what just enjoy her at this age and have a great trip.

We enjoy ASMO, the theming is great for kids. Yes the rooms are just rooms, but how much time do you really plan on being in them? Be glad of the time you will be spending with your DD. I bet you saved some money also changing resorts. You will have a blast walking around enjoying the decor of the resort. And look at it this way in a few years when she is more grown up and not so into theming you can enjoy the other resort and it will be a new experience for you.
If you haven't already use the money you saved and treat her to a special experience character dining, bibbidi bob bidi boutique, or a tour. No matter what just enjoy her at this age and have a great trip.:goodvibes

We like ASMo the best of the values. People seem to like POP but our family did not like it and will not go back. beds were terrible- and CHAOTIC!!!!! 1,000 more ppl at POP. ASMo. rooms are nice- just redone not to long ago. Preferred you are really close- so not to much walking. The theming is nice- the CM's were nice. buses weren't bad. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!

Our family had the same experience.We absolutly couldn't stand POP and will never ever go back. All Star movies was the first resort we stayed at and we loved it! Especially the toy story and dalmation sections which were our favourites. The pools are nice too we spent more time at te mighty ducks one because my kids found it was warmer :confused3 You'll have a great time! I'd very likely choose ASMo of POR any day!

We stayed at Movies in 2010 and it was fine! We were in the Toy Story area and the kids absolutely loved it! Even have pictures where DH reached and sat the two boys on top of the blocks (don't know if we're supposed to!). It's nothing fancy, but it was clean, the food court was good, staff was friendly, theming is a lot of fun, and we never had any issues with the buses.

You'll have a blast---it's more about spending time with your DD than the hotel!

I have fond memories of my stay at ASMovies. I really liked it and the overall feel of the resort was more intimate than POP where we usually stay. Back then it had a castle playset in the giftshop and the CMs seemed friendlier. The waits at the desk were shorter than at POP.

I have to admit that overall I am not a big resort person, and would rather spend money elsewhere. I am sure that you will have a great time.

When we stayed there I do not remember sharing buses all that much. I would not worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter