Let's Go Mets!

Having been at Shea Stadium in 1973, When Buddy Harrelson got into a fight with Pete Rose after a hard slide into second base. I feel for Utley and the Dodgers. For at least 15 to 30 minutes the fans went nuts. I remember that Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, and Yogi Berra had to walk around the whole field to calm the fans down. Yes they stopped the game it was so bad. It was a bad play and Utley should be suspended for the two games at Citifield to ease tensions with the fans. Utley should have did what Reggie did to break up a double play and put his but into it.

(1) I included the wrong link. Here was the one I meant to include (sorry): http://espn.go.com/blog/newyork/met...b-viewpoint-on-chase-utleys-little-late-slide (Those ESPN links all run into each other).

(2) AT THE TIME I POSTED Torre was still supporting his umpires while reviewing the play, so MLB did not agree with you.

(3) He has since determined that the play was excessive and illegal. So, yeah you were right and I'm glad :love1:.

Now, I'm off to Chicago for Game 3 :banana:.
....and I hope they beat the Cards....

....watching the Mets pre-game show......uhhhhhh, WHY IS UTLEY IN UNIFORM AND IN THE VISITING TEAM DUGOUT??!???!?!?

....watching the Mets pre-game show......uhhhhhh, WHY IS UTLEY IN UNIFORM AND IN THE VISITING TEAM DUGOUT??!???!?!?

because he appealed the suspension and they weren't able to meet today. So he gets to be there. He's not in the starting line-up, however.

because he appealed the suspension and they weren't able to meet today. So he gets to be there. He's not in the starting line-up, however.
....'weren't able to meet'??!?!?!? Like they had tons of other stuff to do???? WTH???

I get the credit for the Mets doing so well tonight. I bought orange & blue M&Ms on Friday and I enjoyed some while looking at the game. Forgot to eat them on Saturday, and they lost. Ate a whole lot today, and so far, they've scored 13 runs.

It got a little hairy there at the end, but the Mets win 13-7! Now up 2 games to 1, can clinch tomorrow night.

Should Utley be suspended since the umpires on the field thought it was legal?!? Regardless of whether it was legal?

Should Utley be suspended since the umpires on the field thought it was legal?!? Regardless of whether it was legal?

Yes they can. They can look at it afterwards and make the decision. As Joe Torre did. Umps make mistakes, even with instant replay.

I'm dying here. They need to get some runs. I do not want them to play in LA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter