** Lets Chat - Daily Chit Chat**

Too true! They also ring me at least every 3 months or so.

I once had a cold caller from EE list off stuff like iPads, iPods etc and said "which one do you want". I said none of them and he has the cheek to say (bearing in mind he'd rung me on a Saturday no less) "so yooouuu DON'T need an iPad", in a really condescending way. Look I don't mind them calling and will say nicely thanks but no thanks, but I hate it when they're rude!

So I simply said... seeing as I'll be paying for this "free" iPad in one way or another from you (EE), no I don't want a bloody iPad. I don't have the money to splash out on one and to be honest I don't need one. I have a perfectly good laptop that works perfectly so NO I DON'T need an iPad.

I'm not convinced they work for EE, I think they outsource alot of their outbound work.

They hung up on my wife once, she was livid!

I think the PPI and Accident Claim people are worse though

I think the PPI and Accident Claim people are worse though

Definitely!

"Hi I'm ringing about the car accident you had a few months back"

really! A car accident? Well that's news to me!

EE keep trying to get me to upgrade from my PAYG too. Not sure how much data my vintage Nokia 3310 could handle. :rotfl2:

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I might go to Kingston later to have a nosey at the sales. Anybody got anything planned?

So Whats everyone's plans for the weekend then??

Working all weekend just like last week, although some mad person offered to do my night shift yesterday if I did her late one which i gratefully accepted. Shame I have to work tonight though

I watched the men's finals - well some of it anyway. It was very exciting then suddenly the commentator said it was championship point. I must have dozed off because I thought it was only 2 sets to 1. A bit disappointed to have missed do much, but I did enjoy what I watched. :rotfl:

Morning all

Hope everyone had a great weekend:wave:

I sadly had a funeral to attend to on Friday, it was my dad's sister, and bless her she was 92 when she died. My father who was 80 a couple of weeks ago is one of 11, she was the last remaining sister, and now there is just my dad and 2 of his brothers. She had a wonderful send off and it was so good to catch up with members of the family I havent seen for many years.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful, watched a bit of tennis, and did some shopping. :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear that Sue. It's good to be able to get lots of family together to celebrate someones time with us.

I watched Ted 2, (very funny) and got the car MOT'd (new bulb and new tyre to pass!)

Back at work today, silly busy week ahead, with meetings at work!

Hello everyone, Happy Monday :surfweb:

So I saw Minions over the weekend... to be honest I was disappointed. I wouldn't recommend seeing at the cinema unless you have children who love Minions. The plot was fuddled and generally it wasn't that funny.

Its really dreary in Brum today. Grey, grey and more grey. But we did have a fantastic weekend and I'm in work so I don't mind.

Wet in London too.

I agree, Minions has it's funny parts, but the plot was poor. Anywho, in one of the DM films, Gru has a blueprint of a Minion behind him implying that he created them anyway!

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, Sue :hug:

My shifts were as usual bus over the weekend. My motorbike has passed it's MOT today, now just need to sort the MOT & service for my car but have until end of August to get it done. Have been shopping and caught up with the housework.

I got to see some of the Mens Wimbledon final yesterday, I like both players but would love to see Federer win an 8th title here

My shifts were as usual bus over the weekend

You've probably already said this many times but where do you work? It must run 24/7 so factory? Police? Ambulance?

I had a nightmare last night trying to fix my phone upgrade... why is it so complicated? Anyways I've created a post about my experience so others can hopefully avoid the issues I had.

Other than that just another day in work on this dreary Tuesday.

It's sports day where I work, I'm so glad that I no longer work lunchtimes too. A cup of tea has never been more welcome. :)

You've probably already said this many times but where do you work? It must run 24/7 so factory? Police? Ambulance?

I had a nightmare last night trying to fix my phone upgrade... why is it so complicated? Anyways I've created a post about my experience so others can hopefully avoid the issues I had.

Other than that just another day in work on this dreary Tuesday.

I work in the ambulance service, it has changed so much in the 6 years I have worked for it.

Morning all

Hope everyone is well! Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on new tablets, I really would like an Ipad but Im finding it hard to justify the price right now. I have seen a few other tablets out there and wondered if anyone had an experiences of any of them.:chat:

Hope everyone is well! Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on new tablets, I really would like an Ipad but Im finding it hard to justify the price right now. I have seen a few other tablets out there and wondered if anyone had an experiences of any of them

I know this isn't going to help but I've got an iPad air 2 and its fantastic. Super fast and does everything I need. Maybe look at getting a secondhand one?

If not I hear the Samsung Galaxy tablets are fantastic. My dads got the Samsung Galaxy Pro although I don't think they sell that one anymore. He loves it.

I never thought of a refurbished one before and actually Apple do quite a good deal on them, so Im going to try that I think, Thanks Rachel.

Happy Friday everyone:jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::Pinkbounc:dancer:

Anybody doing anything exciting?

Also, if you are not too interested in speed, keep an eye out for deals on older models. I have an iPad Mini (first version, they are now on Mini3) and it's still keeping up with tasks, I even make music and DJ on mine with no issues.

I've seen an original mini new going for £129 online. Also, Argos have an eBay shop that sells products at a reduced cost because they are refurbs. My wife bought one and it's been fine. Still get 1 year warranty which if needed could entitle you to a swap from Apple instore if theres issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter