Let's be Spontaneous!January '12- Sunrise Breakfast and EMH! 2 part update(3/11)

So disappointing that you had to see BTMRR closed. One of my favorites. I guess that's part of it though. WIth all those moving parts, it takes work to keep everything working smoothly. Hopefully when they reopen it, all of the effects will be working properly and it will be better than ever.

I am intrigued by the fantastic rolly pin box outside of Thunder.

You think its always there? I hope I'll be able to see it next week! It might make up for Thunder being down one tiny bit.

Glad you got everything sorted out at POTC and didn't end up breaking up any families! :rotfl:

I think it will be there, Dara says it is there when BTMR is closed.

Yea, thanks goodness we weren't home wreckers. It was a close call though. I have no idea what that girl was thinking that her entire family (upwards of 10 people) could shove past the two of us.

It should be there!

See Dara says so :rotfl:

So disappointing that you had to see BTMRR closed. One of my favorites. I guess that's part of it though. WIth all those moving parts, it takes work to keep everything working smoothly. Hopefully when they reopen it, all of the effects will be working properly and it will be better than ever.

We knew it was going to be closed, but I was still a little sad. It has traditionally been the first ride of the trip. Later in the trip though we got some sneeky peekies of the constructions!

After our boat journey, we decided it was time to check out a classic that neither of us had ever experienced.

IMG_5875.jpg

We caught the last few seconds of the preshow, and were quickly let into the theater.

IMG_5876.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

We headed in, and enjoyed the show!

IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

A little blurry, sorry…

While over here we decided to grab some Fastpasses for Jungle Cruise, so that we could enjoy a cruise a bit later in the day! :goodvibes

Once we got our Fastpasses, we knew it was time to start working our way over to the Plaza, where we were going to be having lunch!

On our way over we saw that the line to meet Ariel and Prince Eric was closed, though they had just started their meet and great about 10 mins ago. It was a goal to meet Eric this trip, so we took note that we would need to be on time if we wanted to meet them!

Of course as we crossed Main St. we ran into a photopass person or two!!!

Photo0033FourBySix.jpg

Hehehe Josh’s surprise face again

Photo0043FourBySix.jpg

We made it to the Plaza with plenty of time to spare!

IMG_5884.jpg

We walked up to the podium, and stood in line, behind a very angry woman who didn’t have a reservation. The nice person at the desk was doing their best to help her, but she was freaking out, and it didn’t appear that they had much wiggle room!

So while I waited I took another photo.

IMG_5885.jpg

Luckily they had another cast member go down the line with one of those little tablet thingies, and she checked everyone else in the line in while this woman continued to complain. Our ticket says we were checked in at 11:58 for our 12:15 reservation.

We were given a pager and told that we would be seated soon!

IMG_5886.jpg

I hadn’t really even peeked around here, so Josh and I really enjoyed the scenery!

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

Of course the trolley chooses now to roll by…. The singers and dancers were going strong, and I started to sing along, much to Josh’s surprise. I love to keep park music going at my desk leading up to trip, so I knew the song LOL. He made fun of me, and told me that the other people waiting wanted to hear the show, not me. Silly husband.

I had noticed a photopass person outside the doors to the entry, and when our ticket was called, I asked if he could get a quick picture!!

Photo0047FourBySix.jpg

We were led inside, and around the corner to the sun room! I was so excited, I was really hoping we would be seated in there, because from the outside it looked like it had a great view. I was not disappointed when we were lead to a small table on the back wall.

I sat on the inside, on the booth seat, and Josh sat across from me in the fancy chair. I could see the castle out the windows, and was on cloud nine.

Our server John came over very quickly, and sat next to me while we decided what we wanted to drink. I decided on a water with lemon, and Josh got a Coke.

John wandered off to get our drinks, and we were left with the menu. I had a general idea of what I wanted, and was pretty sure I knew what Josh would order, but we both still needed to decide, and pick a side.

Josh used my phone to take a photo of the happy me to upload to my facebook, so that I could share my joy with all my friends at home!

0110121214-1-1.jpg

Instead of deciding what I wanted for lunch, I took pictures of the menu!

IMG_5892.jpg

And then a photo of Josh…

IMG_5893.jpg

And a photo of that view, however that didn’t some out as well as I would have liked!

IMG_5894.jpg

Josh was wonderful about the photos of the menu!

IMG_5895.jpg

After much picture taking, Josh and I both ordered!

As we were waiting for our meals to come out, the Mayor came in, and presented a certificate to the 100th guest of the day!

IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

Continued in the next post!

As we waited, we really admired all of the wonderful details in the restaurant. I loved that the tables had such detail, and we loved the decor that surrounded us! Such a cute space!

Our lunches came after a short wait, and we were not disappointed!

I chose the Turkey Club

IMG_5899.jpg

I had asked that they hold the mayo, and the tomato on my sandwich, and that I get some ranch on the side. My lunch came exactly as I had ordered it, and I couldn’t have been more thrilled. I also was surprised by the amount of meat on my sandwich!! Holy cow there was tons of yummy turkey, on perfect bread…. Yummmmmm There were also tons of fries, which were hot and crisp!

And Josh, as I predicted chose the Cheese Steak

IMG_5901.jpg

Josh really liked the bun on his sandwich. He was also very impressed with the portion, and the fries. Josh is a big fries man, so when he says they are good, it really means something! He was happy with how filling it was!

He must have kept the camera at this point; here is an awkward photo to prove it!!

IMG_5900.jpg

As we were eating the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party came by, and we watched as they danced, and danced, and danced. They were dancing almost until we left! We were surprised by how long that show lasts!!

Anywho, we decided that we would spit a dessert, and ordered this:

IMG_5903.jpg

The Plaza Sunday, with the nuts on the side. :cool1:

And we were in heaven. My notes say that we would return, just for the ice cream in the future. It was really really yummy.

We had decided earlier that we would be paying out of pocket for this meal, and I have to say, we were very happy with the $33.51 that it came to! This is one of the meals that is making us wonder if we want to try and OOP for our next trip!

We were now full, happy, and relaxed… what to do next!?

we caught the tiki tiki tiki room for the first time this trip too! the kids loved it....jmust like small world.....ugh. lol it was fun but not an i gotta do it again and again.

okay come on, were you the 100th peeps? wait is this still the same day as josh dragging you out of the room after watching the animals?

we caught the tiki tiki tiki room for the first time this trip too! the kids loved it....jmust like small world.....ugh. lol it was fun but not an i gotta do it again and again.

okay come on, were you the 100th peeps? wait is this still the same day as josh dragging you out of the room after watching the animals?

We were not the 100th peeps sadly....

Yes, we are still on the first morning. Guess I should have warned in the intro that this story was going to take a while :rolleyes1

Hello! Coming over from my TR and all caught up on yours now. You definitely got more pics of the AKL room than I did - I was too concerned with sending texts to everyone I knew telling them I'd made it safely! It's funny how many people worried about me on the solo trip!

You know, I keep wanting to eat at the Plaza and KEEP NOT DOING IT - I am now convinced, I'm going on my next trip. :) Those fries do look great!

You guys look like such a great couple, and I'm enjoying everything so far - except that 5 hour wait at the airport. I would have went NUTS.

I don't think I've ever even heard of the Plaza! it looks great though!

It really was! I would recommend it for lunch for anyone!

Hello! Coming over from my TR and all caught up on yours now. You definitely got more pics of the AKL room than I did - I was too concerned with sending texts to everyone I knew telling them I'd made it safely! It's funny how many people worried about me on the solo trip!

You know, I keep wanting to eat at the Plaza and KEEP NOT DOING IT - I am now convinced, I'm going on my next trip. :) Those fries do look great!

You guys look like such a great couple, and I'm enjoying everything so far - except that 5 hour wait at the airport. I would have went NUTS.

Thanks for popping over! I even have more photos of the room from nap time later in the trip!

The Plaza was really yummy, and on our "must return to" list! We really are 3 meals a day people, so I know we will end up back there soon!

I tend to be highstress, over planner, but this trip was all about being spontaneous, so when we got bumped back 5 hours, I just went with the flow. :upsidedow

no worries, just wasn't sure if i missed anything....im getting forgetful these days. lol

I have added headings to the links for different days, this masterpiece will less confusing for all now :lmao:

oooh, SHINY!!! that made me laugh! I'm excited to visit that pin trading station... its our favorite thing to do! LOVE pin trading! The pictures are fantastic.

Did you get to meet Eric? We've never been able to meet him.

A little late, but joining now!

I love AKL, but agree that getting to the bus stop can be a little bit confusing at first. And that the buses seem to take a long time. But I will say, the beauty of the resort makes me overlook that.

I've been seeing the Plaza pop up on lots of people's TRs, so I'm thinking I need to stop there on an upcoming trip.

id say you didn't have to do that just to help little confused me out...but then i know you're trying to escape homework! lol

SSHHHHHHH don't you tell on me :eek:

oooh, SHINY!!! that made me laugh! I'm excited to visit that pin trading station... its our favorite thing to do! LOVE pin trading! The pictures are fantastic.

Did you get to meet Eric? We've never been able to meet him.

You will have to keep reading to see if we met Erick.... :snooty:

A little late, but joining now!

I love AKL, but agree that getting to the bus stop can be a little bit confusing at first. And that the buses seem to take a long time. But I will say, the beauty of the resort makes me overlook that.

I've been seeing the Plaza pop up on lots of people's TRs, so I'm thinking I need to stop there on an upcoming trip.

So glad you are joining in! We defiantly loved AKV, and I bet we will return in the future at some point.

I would say go for the Plaza, it wasn't the most amazing thing I have ever eaten, but it was a really good lunch, and a fair price!

I've never had a meal at the Plaza, but recently, I've been seeing a lot of really good reviews there. I might have to put this one on our list of places to eat in the future.

It's a good thing that they have a photogenic menu. :lmao::lmao:

lol youre sooooo busted!

I got it all done!

I've never had a meal at the Plaza, but recently, I've been seeing a lot of really good reviews there. I might have to put this one on our list of places to eat in the future.

It's a good thing that they have a photogenic menu. :lmao::lmao:

I love when my photos make someone want to go somewhere :goodvibes It makes my creepy picture taking of food worth it :rotfl:

Those frys looks delicious! We ate at the plaza last May and we enjoyed it. I do not remember what I ordered, but I remember it was good. :rotfl:

Thanks for taking all the pics! I am really enjoying looking at them.:goodvibes
Looking forward to reading more...

Those frys looks delicious! We ate at the plaza last May and we enjoyed it. I do not remember what I ordered, but I remember it was good. :rotfl:

Thanks for taking all the pics! I am really enjoying looking at them.:goodvibes
Looking forward to reading more...

I am so glad you are enjoying the photos! I know there are lots, and lots of them, and I don't want to bore anyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter