Let's be Spontaneous... Jan. 2012! Now I need pants! (1/2)

My sister's princess

<font color=green>These boards have grimmer police
Welcome!

I never imagined that I would be doing a PTR right now! A week ago this trip didn't exist!

Spontaneous is not a word that has ever been used to describe myself, or my husband, but here we find ourselves, planning a trip that is now only 34 sleeps away!

If you are interested in my love affair with Disney, there are links to 3 reports in my siggie. If you are interested in my love affair with my husband, read the January 2010 one :lmao:

A bit about us:

IMG_4210-1.jpg

This is me, I look like I am 12, act like I am 5 and get excited about... just about everything. I love to plan, but started this spontaneous shenanigans!

IMG_3570-Copy-1.jpg

This is the husband. He used to think he was serious, and tough. Then he met me. His requests while on vacation - food, and beer sometimes. Josh enjoys having a plan, but is only passingly interested in the planning.

We will be heading to Disney January 9th, and staying till the 15th! With only 4 park days planned, this is going to be different kind of Disney for us!

How Did Two Boring People Become Spontaneous?

Keeping Secrets from The Husband...

We have to at least plan our meals... right?

Now with 100% less split staying!!

I need pants

Welcome!

I never imagined that I would be doing a PTR right now! A week ago this trip didn't exist!

Spontaneous is not a word that has ever been used to describe myself, or my husband, but here we find ourselves, planning a trip that is now only 34 sleeps away!

If you are interested in my love affair with Disney, there are links to 3 reports in my siggie. If you are interested in my love affair with my husband, read the January 2010 one :lmao:

A bit about us:

IMG_4210-1.jpg

This is me, I look like I am 12, act like I am 5 and get excited about... just about everything. I love to plan, but started this spontaneous shenanigans!

IMG_3570-Copy-1.jpg

This is the husband. He used to think he was serious, and tough. Then he met me. His requests while on vacation - food, and beer sometimes. Josh enjoys having a plan, but is only passingly interested in the planning.

We will be heading to Disney January 9th, and staying till the 15th! With only 4 park days planned, this is going to be different kind of Disney for us!
We will be there the 9th to the 13th. Our first trip with kids, so spontaneous plans for us too!

How about a little information on how this trip came to be!

We returned from the Mouse in June, even while there we were talking about when we would be back.

Us on our last trip
Photo0046FourBySix-1.jpg

Joshua (often referred to as Joshy, much to his dislike:rolleyes1) and I have been itching to visit Disneyland in California for a while now, and had been talking about planing a trip. We thought that May would a be a great time for us to make the journey. We are both graduating, and the spring is so nice!!! We then realized that with Josh job seeking after graduation in May, it wasn't a good time to plan a long trip! :headache:

So I was having a particularly unmagical day at work last week and started pricing... We could go, and get the military tickets, oh and look the crowds are low! I jokingly mentioned it to my boss who said that was a great time of year for me to take some vacation. One thing lead to another, a quick phone call to my sister (a DVC member) and we were booked to rent her points!!!!!!

This is by far the single most spontaneous thing that either of us has ever done. I work in financial aid, and Joshy is a National Guard soldier, who is finishing a criminal justice degree. Not exactly the wild type!

We are working on planning our next trip to WDW for spring break. I was looking at pictures of Shades of Green and thought about the pictures we took of your wedding. I was wondering how you were doing and then I found your post for your next trip. I sent you congratulations for your first anniversary and so now I send best wishes for your second anniversary in January. Are you going to be there on your anniversary? We were at SOG for 2 nights last January and we will be there for 7 nights in March. As usual we will think of you while we are there. Best wishes, Connie and Jeff.

We are working on planning our next trip to WDW for spring break. I was looking at pictures of Shades of Green and thought about the pictures we took of your wedding. I was wondering how you were doing and then I found your post for your next trip. I sent you congratulations for your first anniversary and so now I send best wishes for your second anniversary in January. Are you going to be there on your anniversary? We were at SOG for 2 nights last January and we will be there for 7 nights in March. As usual we will think of you while we are there. Best wishes, Connie and Jeff.

OH! I was just telling someone about meeting you the other day! :goodvibes

We will be in the world for our anniversary! Thank you so much for your congratulations! Last year's anniversary was not a celebration, the DH's leave ended the next day, and I couldn't stop crying :lmao: We figured a trip this year would make up for it!

Enjoy your March trip!!!

I will be back with a big update today! I told the husband where we are staying for real, so now I can share lots of plans!!!!! :banana:

Here is a little something you should all know about me :
I don't keep secrets. I just can't.

I work in an office where confidentiality is extremely important, so I use all my secret keeping energy there. When I am home, there is nothing that I keep hidden. :rotfl:
I have never kept a secret from Josh, so the where we are staying was a bit of a story...

When we originally booked our trip there was NOTHING open except for Saratoga Springs. I booked away, figuring, hey we are going to Disney who cares! :)

Josh's weekend of Army drill was a different weekend than I thought it was, and I ended up having to move our stay by one day, in doing so, I had other hotel options!

I have kept this secret now for a few weeks, and just couldn't take it anymore!! Josh and I had both talked on and off about exchanging a present before Christmas..... So today I asked Josh if he wanted one of his presents early, and he said yes, and that he had one he wanted to give me early, so that I could use it!

IMG_5628-1-1.jpg

Joshua had gotten me an Ursala ornament ( I LOVE the Little Mermaid) and I gave him our magical express tags.

My original plan had been to have him put the tag on the bag at the airport, because I had "forgotten". There were two issues with this:
1) I would NEVER "forget" to put tags on the bags. It is on the list of things to do :lmao:
2) He wouldn't have read the tag. This was confirmed when he looked at the tags, and was confused.

So we will now be staying 5 nights at the Animal Kingdom Villas at Jambo, and one night at Saratoga!! :dance3:

We will be staying in a studio with a Savannah view, and Joshua, who doesn't really care where we sleep is just as excited as I am :yay:

At least you can take a deep breath and exhale now that he knows.:goodvibes I am not good at keeping secrets either. I just get so excited, I want to spill the beans.:laughing: Looking forward to your TR. You guys are going to have a fantastic time!:woohoo:

So excited for you!!!! I am dreaming of another trip for us...
Our last was in 2009.But, now that we will be paying for (4) adults instead of 2 adults-2 juniors,and add the fact that we are now paying college tuition .......well,its unlikely to happen soon ;-(

So, I will live vicariously through you my friend :cool1:

At least you can take a deep breath and exhale now that he knows.:goodvibes I am not good at keeping secrets either. I just get so excited, I want to spill the beans.:laughing: Looking forward to your TR. You guys are going to have a fantastic time!:woohoo:

I am so glad I told him! It is good to have someone that understands :lmao:

So excited for you!!!! I am dreaming of another trip for us...
Our last was in 2009.But, now that we will be paying for (4) adults instead of 2 adults-2 juniors,and add the fact that we are now paying college tuition .......well,its unlikely to happen soon ;-(

So, I will live vicariously through you my friend :cool1:

Feel free, I do it to others LOL. That is the beauty of the internet, we can all keep each other going :rotfl: Glad you followed me over

Y'all with love AKL. It's so beautiful. My only regret about our stay there is that we were so busy in the parks that we didn't get to really enjoy he resort as much as we wanted. You are just immersed in the safari theme. The animals, the food, the music, even the cosy seating area off the lobby. Have a great trip! I'm going to try to start planning my graduation trip over break and your PTR and soon TR are a great source of excitement and inspiration!

And maybe you two will bring home a little 'souvenir' :rolleyes1

Y'all with love AKL. It's so beautiful. My only regret about our stay there is that we were so busy in the parks that we didn't get to really enjoy he resort as much as we wanted. You are just immersed in the safari theme. The animals, the food, the music, even the cosy seating area off the lobby. Have a great trip! I'm going to try to start planning my graduation trip over break and your PTR and soon TR are a great source of excitement and inspiration!

And maybe you two will bring home a little 'souvenir' :rolleyes1

:scared1: Good gravy I hope not :scared1:

I am glad you enjoyed AKL. I am trying to make sure we have enough time to enjoy it! Thankfully, most of the days we are there the crowds are supposed to be low, so I am hoping we get everything we want to done, and can go relax!

Just remember... the best times to ride the giraffes bare back is in the early morning, before security is out patrolling the savannah in force.

Though the idea of this trip is going to be relaxation, and going with the flow... we need some plans, or we aren't going to eat! :rotfl:

Current ADRs (subject to change as I sub-come to another fit of some sort)

1/9 (Travel day)
Boma - dinner

1/10
The Plaza - lunch

1/11
Tusker House Brunch
Hoop De Doo! - 8:30 (CAT 1!!!)

1/12
Le Cellier 11:50

1/13 ~ Our second wedding anniversary ~ :lovestruc
Crystal Palace - Pre-opening breakfast
Tony's Town Square - 8:45 (after wishes!)

1/14
NONE!!!!?????

1/15
O'hana - Late Breakfast

So the issue arises that we are only on the standard dining plan, and I have been adding reservations as things become available, but not canceling :lmao:

We are three meal a day people, so we just need to figure out what we are going to pay for out of pocket!

I didn't realize you had started this! You need to alert me on facebook for new trip info!

so- YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY! :cool1::yay::woohoo::dance3:

I'm so excited that you'll be back so soon, and you're just going to DIE when you see those savannah views!

We LOVED the jambo house studios, and I know you will too, what an awesome surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!