Let this be on the record : I did NOT instigate this trip... Complete :)

Oh my goodness!

The evil interview man - ugh! :sad2:

The evil Ohana food - :scared1:

I would never ever eat there again! I have to say, I loved it at the time, but thinking back, it's an awful lot of meat and fat, even when served hot and fresh!

Sounds like you had a fun shopping trip! Do you bring extra suitcases for your purchases? I know I always do!
Soooo, have you lost any of the earrings you bought on this trip yet??? ;)

The waiter did tell you to put the money in his pocket...you were only following orders!!!

The picture of your mom with the apple on her head had me laughing so hard!!
:rotfl:

That's strange that they put the 3 of you at a table for 8????? :confused3
so sorry you were sick...stomach issues are no fun, ESPECIALLY on vacation...Glad the maalox workedI don't blame you for not wanting to go there again..
I hope you got to see Illuminations and changed your Cali Grill adr??????

After molesting Pluto your mom was embarrassed because you put money in the guys "back" pocket??? :rotfl2:

How awful about your post ohana "activities".:sick::mad: I've never eaten there before and that isn't exactly a glowing recommendation! :sad2:

Sorry about interview guy. How rude to treat a potential employee that way. :mad: If he ask again, I would definitely give him the follow up feed back he is asking for. ;) Doesn't think you can read or write? Girl, you need to put links to your trip reports for potential employers to read......then again, maybe not.

I kind of figure you would get the left over food when I saw you didn't get seated until so late. That is NOT what they are suppose to do. Did you call to let the manager know about the food and that you got sick?

DD got sick one year right after we left a restuarant at the Wilderness Lodge. I went back in to tell the manager that the bus stop needed to be hosed off and he asked all kinds of questions as to what and where she had eaten that day. I told him that I knew what it was and she had too much dairy, but he said every thing would be checked for expirations and to make sure food safety procedures were followed. A doctor called us later that night at the room to check on her and offered to come see her. The resort manager called the next day to check on her again.

Can't wait to hear how Epcot went. popcorn::

Do you bring an empty suitcase to disney, or ship your goodies back? I'd never be able to fit that much stuff in my luggage!!!

Your post-Ohana day sounds just awful. Though I confess to snickering a little that your sister wouldn't even come back in the room with you..... :lmao: During our last trip, after the first two days of eating much bigger dinners than usual, I had to venture down to the gift shop to spend about $15 for a fancy candle....you know, to burn in the room.....:rotfl: we had that thing going constantly whenever we were in there. 3 adults and one child who aahm.... takes after her daddy in certain depts...:laughing:

I hope you made Illuminations!!!

UGH!!! I feel for you being so sick! I have heard other comments that the food at Ohana does not seem as fresh after 9pm. Can't wait to read more, hopefully you were feeling better!!

Melissa

Ouch! Sorry to hear the tummy ache was something serious and nasty :sick: glad you made through in one day... and it was a rainy day :rotfl:

Whatever happened, the next day, I *would* go to Epcot!
For better... or for worse.

YAY! What a cliffhanger!

Hi Marina :wave2:

How are you? I hope real life has improved and that things are going better for you. My DD just returned from her 10 days in Paris and she had a fabulous time!! The weather was beautiful most of the time so it made a great trip even better. In fact the man she sat next to on the plane travels to Paris often and he said it was the best weather he's ever had in Paris. So, thanks for that! :) She just loved seeing as much as she could and just hanging out in the city ~ said everyone she encountered in Paris was so nice to her. They had a great hotel right by a Metro stop which made it so easy to get around.

They spent 2 days at DLP and she especially loved seeing all the little details and touches that made Paris different from WDW. Crush's Coaster and Space Mountain were probably her favorite attractions; oh and Phantom Manor too! She was disappointed that Thunder Mt was closed for repairs. One thing she was amazed at was that they never waited longer than 10 minutes for anything, and most of the time it was 5 minutes or less. Many of the park pictures I saw had absolutely no people in them! She had fun talking to some of the CMs - when they found out she was a WDW CM they wanted to know all about it there. By the end of the second day though she was ready to be done, mainly because of the rudeness of many of the guests (who all spoke the same "foreign" language! and it wasn't English or French .... she thought it was funny because it's the same ones who are the rudest at WDW!!)

She would gladly return to your city anytime :) (and in fact has wondered just how hard it would be to transfer/get her radiology licences in France! :laughing:)

Hope you have another update soon and let us know how you're doing!

You poor thing! I'm so sorry you suffered so much. How gross is it that they served you cold leftovers that had probably been sitting out all evening?

In your inimitable way, you took a horrific situation and made us laugh with you. Brava!

loopymommy glad I made you laugh :laughing:

CPer'sMom, I'm thrilled that your DD enjoyed Paris ! She got lucky with the weather as it got a little nasty after that. She came right after the last part of the country had their Spring break so DLP must have been pretty empty! I think she may have been there right after that accident they had on the Mine train too, where 2 people were injured. That could explain why it was closed.
And how incredible - no strike in the airports or trains, yep, she definitely was lucky LOL

loopymommy glad I made you laugh :laughing:

CPer'sMom, I'm thrilled that your DD enjoyed Paris ! She got lucky with the weather as it got a little nasty after that. She came right after the last part of the country had their Spring break so DLP must have been pretty empty! I think she may have been there right after that accident they had on the Mine train too, where 2 people were injured. That could explain why it was closed.
And how incredible - no strike in the airports or trains, yep, she definitely was lucky LOL

Yeah no kidding she was lucky with no transportation strikes! The day we were to leave all buses and subways striked and we had to leave extra early to make sure that we made it in time...we were afraid there would be traffic jams because the only transportation were cabs! Luckily we made it no problem!

So glad to see another TR from you! Awesome as always!

We finally made it to Epcot the next morning.

DSC04781.jpg

I'd managed to get us a last-minute ADR at Teppan Edo at noon (we'd canceled Teppan Edo several times during this trip - this time we hoped we'd make it!). So we skipped Future World entirely and went straight to World Showcase.

We decided to do a full tour & started by Canada.

DSC04785.jpg

The scent of garlic made my mouth water. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but when we reached France, I knew : snails.
Now I can barely eat beef, can't touch - or look at, really - pork except bacon, and you better not try & make me eat any baby animals.
But snails... snails, I love. I think that's the only thing that makes me French.
Even Jesse who really can't (well, couldn't back then) eat meat at all without being sick couldn't resist.

So that's right. We're French people, we're in the USA, we got to a world food festival, and what do we eat ? Snails.

DSC04787.jpg

And they were mighty good too.

We saw Marie standing there all alone so I sent Jesse & Grumpy to have their pics taken. Marie was so playful and cute!

DSC04793.jpg

Next up, Teppan Edo. Our ADR was the first of the day and we got to see a cute little ceremony with all the cooks and servers.

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04796.jpg

We shared a table with a family of four adults and a couple. We don't mind sharing, but they were not talkative. Doesn't matter, we had plenty of interaction with the chef! We'd never been to a place like this before, and we enjoyed watching the chef cook and play, he was very funny and made a ton of jokes - though I really can't remember any of them. :laughing:

DSC04804.jpg

Jesse & I went dairy-free and egg-free for that meal. Just playing it safe. Grumpy chose Hotate (scallops), Jesse went with Kajiki Maguro (swordfish steak) and I got Ueno (chicken & shrimp). Everything tasted lovely.
Jesse & I didn't get noodles because they have egg in them but we got extra veggies so that was perfect for us.

We were the only three who could use chopsticks. The family of four sitting next to Grumpy shoveled the food into their mouths with spoons and I thought it was hilarious. One of the guys said it was good, but he'd probably need a burger after :rotfl: They were the "football player" types of guys so I guess that wasn't enough food for them. For us it was just fine.

Grumpy got a green tea pudding for dessert and loved it, which is a miracle because Grumpy is a very un-green person. She doesn't care for anything too herbish but liked this just fine. Since all desserts have dairy and/or egg in them, Jesse and I were served orange slices instead. Gave us a good dose of vitamin :)

After lunch Jesse wanted to go shop at the Japanese store. I spend wayyy too much money in there so I gave myself 10mns to shop & get out. Still managed to spend a good $40 and have no idea what I bought. While they kept on shopping I stayed outside and got to see the Candy Lady do her show. I'm glad to report that they now keep her creations and give them to children in hospitals. Thumbs up, Disney!

DSC04818.jpg

Next was a stop in America, we go to see the show and hear kids recite the Pledge, Jesse was thrilled she loves that stuff.

DSC04821.jpg

In Germany we went to the then-new Karamel Kuche, we looked at everything and ended up getting a chocolate and caramel strawberry.

DSC04826.jpg

DSC04827.jpg

Before we knew it we'd finished our tour and were in Mexico admiring skulls.

DSC04846.jpg

Grumpy requested a pool break since it had rained the day before, so we went back to Coronado. I was glad that I kept my lunch (and snail) and since we still had 6 credits left on our dining plan and were leaving the next morning, we decided to keep our Cali Grill reservation. It would be our first trip without seeing Illuminations, but we've seen it numerous times so it wasn't that big a deal.

The afternoon was spent at the pool and then we got ready for Cali Grill. I insisted we dress nice and so I was a bit miffed when we got off the elevator at CG and the first thing I saw was a teen girl wearing multicolored Mickey PJ pants, sitting on the floor. Hmmm okay.
CG was crowded. Our table wasn't ready and it was time for Wishes, so we went straight outside to see the fireworks.

DSC04957.jpg

Bad pic, but it's great to see them from up there. The view without fireworks is pretty too!

DSC04997.jpg

Grumpy & Jesse loved their meal.

DSC05007.jpg

And surprise - I did, too !! I'm usually not a "Signature" dinner kind of person. I like my food plain. Hated Narcoosee's, for example. This time I decided to have no shame and requested my fish be served with the pinot noir sauce on the side. And it stayed there - away from my lovely piece of snapper. :fish:

We found the restaurant to be very noisy that night, the place was filled with kids and most of them were screaming. Who takes a 2yo to a 9PM dinner at a place like this ?? That baby was miserable.

The food more than made up for it though. Of course Grumpy had the filet, and Jesse had fish as well. We shared some sushi for an entree and the desserts were great as well (though they had nothing dairy-free for Jesse so she just had fruit slices again instead).

Since Epcot had evening EMH that night, after dinner we got on the monorail hoping to get there before the park closed. We made it, but really only had time to ride Spaceship Earth.

DSC05041.jpg

Then we went to MouseGears, because we hadn't shopped enough yet :rotfl:

I was in line to pay when I started feeling icky again. The bad icky. I literally threw my stuff at Jesse and told her I had to go. And go I went.

Grumpy got my text from the bathroom behind MouseGears "am in bathroom near test track and will be there a while".

She loved it so much, she kept it. Yep still has that text on her phone as a "souvenir". She had to wait a good 45mns for me outside the bathroom - of course she did HAVE to come in at some point and knock on doors and yell "ARE YOU HERE ARE YOU OKAY???" just in case not enough people knew what I was doing in there :eek:

We managed to leave Epcot and get back to CSR. My stomach was grumbling again and I could barely get to sleep. We had to leave early the next day to catch our plane, and I decided to play it safe and eat nothing until we got back home. Grumpy slipped me a pill once we got on our second flight - the 9 hour one - and I don't know what it was, but it zonked me right out!! Gotta love Grumpy's Pharmacy!!!

Well, that's all folks !!! We went back in March - just Grumpy and me - and had a so-so trip. But we're going back in October and have a great trip planned, with a Halloween party of course! Wonder how many kids we'll traumatize this time.
:hmghost:

So glad you are back to finish your report. I will be looking forward to the next one for your October trip.

Sorry to hear that your trip ended on such a bad note. Looking forward to reading about your next one.

Where is the next trip report? The one from March? I'm ready to read more. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading you guys :)
I'm not gonna do a TR for our March trip. It was just bleh. Too bad, cause I already had the title picked out on the day we left home... I was gonna call it "The one when the cat peed on her passport".

Yup :cat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter