Let the Food and Wine Adventures Begin-Sci Fi Diner and F&W

I hope you enjoyed Sanaa! I really enjoyed it when I was there in May. Looking forward to reading your reviews!

I see you're doing Y&Y for the seafood curry. Have you ever tried the crispy mahi mahi? I'm debating between the curry and the mahi for my trip in October. I really enjoyed Via Napoli. The appetizers weren't all that tempting but the pizza (I had one with artichokes, my nephew had pepperoni) was really, really good. My BIL had veal parm and really enjoyed it.

Have a great time!!

Auntfrannie- no never tried the mahi mahi, I can't get away from that curry!

Btw Sanaa was out of this world good and the most beautiful restaurant. I found a new place to take my DH next time!

Back home from my trip. I can't wait to start my reviews! Good night for now.

Whoo hoo I am back home! Thanks so much to Jabead (Barb) for sending live updates from me. I had problems with date coverage on my phone this trip so not all the photos made it to her. I arrived back home last night and am back to work :sad1: However I am so excited to share my dining excitment. This was the first time exept for once before that I didnt have the dining plan, I missed it for the snack credits and of course the bang for the buck. However I did not miss the desserts and having to stick to a plan. We had a few surprises along the way, so I invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride :lmao:

We arrived at CSR on 9/26, room was ready and so were our tummies to try some of that Disney goodness. We decided not to visit TL so instead we hitched a bus ride over to the MK and from there a boat took us to Capt Cookes. I love this place and I love the BBQ pork sandwhich with Aloha chips. Both Sue and I agreed that it was one of the best things we ate while we were at WDW. The blend of cheese,cucumbers and sauce was great!

fw04.jpg

No dole whips this time, but man I love the sight of that machine! I can get them here in San Antonio, but still love my Disney Dole Whips :rotfl2:

fw03.jpg

After that we made a quick visit to Shades of Green BX store, we went back to the digsite for some of the best mojitos on the planet! We each had 2 and we were feeling awesome after that.

fw05.jpg

You're quite welcome, Lori! It was fun receiving your updates! :thumbsup2

And...Yay, you've started your reviews! Can't wait to hear about all the details of your trip. popcorn::

love your dooney, i have the size down from yours! i love that machine even more can't wait to have a float in 1 month and 20 days!!!

I agree that pork sandwich is the best !!! Soooo good !!! But no Dole Whips ??? Does not compute ....... LOL

Looking forward to more !!!

Joining in! I am so jealous of your girls only trip! DH can't take vacation time until next year since he just started a new job, but I am dying to hit up F&W this year. If I didn't think he would be very heartbroken to get left out I would totally plan a trip like this with my SIL. So I'm very excited to read all about your trip. I'll live vicariously through you! :laughing: Mojitos are my fav drink, so it looks to me like you started your trip off on a high note. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I'm so jealous that you can get dole whips in San Antonio :laughing: (although the tropical setting of Poly/Adventureland definitely contributes to my enjoyment of them :thumbsup2)

Can't wait for more!

Ahhh a fellow mojito lover!! I love your reviews already! ;)

My favorite drink in the whole world!

Subscribing - looking forward to the rest :)

Thanks, I am so excited to share :)
love your dooney, i have the size down from yours! i love that machine even more can't wait to have a float in 1 month and 20 days!!!

Don't you just love your Disney Dooney!

Just found your review! How excellent!

:cool1:

Terrific start!! :cheer2:

:)

I agree that pork sandwich is the best !!! Soooo good !!! But no Dole Whips ??? Does not compute ....... LOL

Looking forward to more !!!

I did not have the room, plus I eat them all the time here at home thanks to the Orange Leaf Yogurt shop by my house, I am sooo spoiled here in San Antonio.

Joining in! I am so jealous of your girls only trip! DH can't take vacation time until next year since he just started a new job, but I am dying to hit up F&W this year. If I didn't think he would be very heartbroken to get left out I would totally plan a trip like this with my SIL. So I'm very excited to read all about your trip. I'll live vicariously through you! :laughing: Mojitos are my fav drink, so it looks to me like you started your trip off on a high note. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Trust me mine was totally heartbroken, as he is stuck in the middle east with no booze and crappy food. I did feel a little guilty, but he was excited for me and lived through my live updates ;)

I'm so jealous that you can get dole whips in San Antonio :laughing: (although the tropical setting of Poly/Adventureland definitely contributes to my enjoyment of them :thumbsup2)

Can't wait for more!

I agree the setting has a lot to do with it! All this talk of dole whips, I may have to drive over and get one for a snack :lmao:

Sanna-Dinner Sept 26

First off let me say in the spirit of writing this review of Sanaa, I made beef curry with basmati rice for dinner this evening :lmao:

I have wanted to eat at this place forever and was so glad that we did. My friend Sue was nervous about the food and I told her to open her horizons to new things and boy was she glad she did. This was my first time in Kindani Village and it was beautiful. If I was going to by a DVC, this would be the place for me, just lovely.

fw18_zps805b3522.jpg

While we waited we went over to the bar area, that was so detailed and just plain amazing. Our bartender was very friendly and gave us a lesson in some of the African cocktails they make there.

fw17_zpsad7cb456.jpg

fw16_zps54f3e2cb.jpg

fw15_zpsef9238ae.jpg

Sue ordered a Kande Coconut Cooler, which has ice cream in it! I had a sip and boy was it good, but those kind of drinks for me are too rich with the alchohol. I had a Kingfisher Beer, which is one of my favorite beers.

fw12_zpsd93e28cd.jpg

fw14_zpsc24726db.jpg

fw13_zpsa43bc723.jpg

The bar area there is so nice and would be a great place just to chill out and wasn't packed at all. I can't wait to bring my hubby to the bar here, as I think it's one of the best on property for cocktails that are out of the ordinary.

Now on to the restaurant. Prior to being seated the hostess gave us the history of the word Sanaa and showed us around. This place is so beautiful, romantic, and cozy.

fw11_zpsa38cd5ed.jpg

We waited a bit before our server came over. He was kind of slow, but nice. We decided on the bread service and chose 5 different chutneys/sauces to dip the naan bread in. This was a huge portion and we could not even eat half. It was fantastic! Forgive me I cannot remember the names of them, but they were all wonderful.

fw09_zpsdcd9f9af.jpg

fw08_zpsc34cfc9c.jpg

For our entrees we both chose the slow cooked curries. I had the shrimp with green curry sauce and the lamb vindaloo. OMG-this was some of the best food I have ever put in my mouth. The shrimp were huge, juicy in the best sauce ever. The lamb vindaloo was the perfect blend of curry and tomato. It tasted like my MIL's curry she makes from scratch. (She is from Australia, and believe me they know how to make a good curry). I chose the basmati rice. The portions look small at first, but don't let it fool you I was stuffed.

fw10_zpsf02a3106.jpg

fw06_zps8aad2a07.jpg

Sue had the spicey durban chicken and the shrimp with green curry sauce with the rice pilaf. I tried her chicken and pilaf and it was fantastic.

fw07_zpsfdbc7687.jpg

Sanaa was amazing and I am so glad we went. I love Indian food and eat it all the time and this place really "wowed me" and it was our favorite of the whole trip. Heck Sue wanted to go back again :lmao: I cannot wait to bring by husband here to experience the food, atmosphere, and the beauty in the culture of the African people.

So glad you've gotten started on your reviews. I'm a lover of mojitos as well. The one at Citricos is so awesome.:cloud9:

I've got to agree with you about Kidani Village. I've been trying to talk DH into DVC but he's not budging.

Saana is one of my favorites too. You're right those dishes look small but the portions are big.

I've never tried the BBQ sandwich at Captain Cook's but looks yummy. I think CC's is the best counter service on the monorail.

I :love: AKV....It's worth the plunge. I haven't tried Sanaa yet as I'm not the biggest fan of curry but its looking like its worth a try.

Great start to your reviews.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter