Let the Dreams (Uh, Nightmares?) Begin

bonnysammy

Mouseketeer
This morning, after I accidentally disabled my alarm clock, I had the most vivid dream I've had in ages. Of course, it had to do with our upcoming cruise. Though we have about 3 1/2 months, I've been trying to plan, so I guess my subconscious has come up with the following:

We were at some sort of hotel, though it was more like a house. The people were there to pick up the bags for our cruise, and we were leaving as soon as they were loaded. But I hadn't packed anything! The suitcases were by the door, but they were empty. So, I raced around the house, realizing that I had to go into Magic Kingdom (by Splash Mountain) for some reason, because a bunch of the kids' clothes were scattered throughout there. I ran around, gathering what I needed, that was somehow packed as soon as I touched it (ah, the magic of dreams). Then I went back to the hotel/house thingy. More clothes were in the dressers and such. I was so behind, that I just started grabbing whatever my hands could touch, which happened to be all these Disney-themed outfits that we don't have. But it seemed that everything I touched was absolutely perfect for our needs. lol It was the quickest/best pacing job I had ever done. I was so excited to be going.

I guess it wasn't really a nightmare, just strange.

Back to the anticipation of waiting for our first Disney cruise.

:rotfl2:I have had a very similar dream about two months before my last cruise where I woke up and the suitcases were all empty. Nevertheless I woke up that morning and started packing..

One of my more recent dreams...within the last few days, was that my husband and I were on a Disney cruise, but that we were missing all of the photo ops. It was like everything that I knew I wanted to get a picture of, such as walking through the "Mickey head" at PC and numerous others, I was just completely skipping over. I remember thinking to myself, "How on earth did I get on the ship if we never went through the Mickey head???" Yeah. Dreams can be really strange.

I'm going on my first cruise in two weeks on my honeymoon, and I've been having more weird dreams about that than I am about the wedding itself.

One of the more vivid ones involved being told to evacuate the ship, but I was freaking out that I didn't know where to go because I couldn't remember going to the muster drill. I was super confused, because I knew I would never miss the drill being the planner that I am, so I was frustrated that I couldn't remember anything. Then I was on Castaway Cay looking at the ship, and a giant whale came up and bit off the back half of the ship.

I have noticed that as I get closer to the cruise and I do more planning, the dreams have been getting a little more realistic, at least.

Don't worry. you WILL make it to the muster drill. And I doubt a giant whale would find the ship tasty looking. :)

So happy to know I am not the only one that has anxiety packing dreams.

lol our cruise is in Jan and I had a nightmare about it a couple weeks ago already too!
We rushed to the airport and were on the later side so took luggage in with us, were in line at the gate and they told us we had to check our luggage at the gift shop around the corner...I was antsy waiting to give the saleswoman my luggage and then freaked that I forgot our passports and tried to figure out if we had enough time to take a cab home and back...then I remembered we're taking the train to FL....whew took a while to stop freaking out from that one and have been folding and putting all tickets and info in the passports!

Got to get the kids passports. I will work on gathering all the necessities tomorrow. Thank you for that unintended reminder. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter