Let it Snope Let it Snope Let it Snope! A Very Merry crowded Christmas! Nov Report updated and over

Better late than never, right?? I'm here, but I need to go back and catch. Life has been utter chaos since returning from Disney!! Can't wait to catch up!

Great so far!! A fun way to start your vacay too with Disney springs first and also you were way too tired I'm sure to consider much else!! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Grumble.... The Dis ate my replies..

I haven't been to Disney Springs since they started construction. I don't think we will be going next week when we are there either.
I need to look up when construction will be all done.

Can't wait for you guys to hit the parks! :sunny:

If you take the buses you still are in teh Disney bubble. when you enter threw the other gates it's like an outdoor mall.
The parks start the next day!

That is the BEST Disney gate photo I have ever seen, for real! Perfection!!!! OH, you are HOME!!!!

I am sad to hear the Disney Springs does not feel Disney any more! :-( When we were there last year, they were still working on the parking garage. I don't remember much of anything else being drastically different. But, we only stayed at the "fun" end with Lego, Once Upon a Toy, World of Disney, etc.

OMGoodness, your air mattres story has me cracking up. I can so imagine it. You all had to have been so slap happy by that point!

i swear i had replied to this.. and POOF it's not here..
Yes it was interesting night for sure trying to sleep on the air mattress! it was a riot. i could NOT stop laughing!!! i was imagining me getting tossed threw the wall...
YES that is still the FUN side! and it does still looks that same over there. which i still love! we did stop in the lego store for zack I do love it in there the people are so nice!

Thank you for the gate comment.. It's ok

Great start to Disney. We drive from New York once.
Drive down was great. I was hyper and pretty much drove all night while DH slept.
Drive home was a pain.

How long was the drive from New york? it it just as boring?
I totally agree! the drive there is fine as your adrenaline has you GOING! way home is just depressing.

Yay! You made it! As many times as I've seen pictures of the welcome sign it still gets me.

Man I wanted to join you guys that night at AKL but alas I had an ADR to get too.

HeeHee, I can just imagine the air mattress fiasco! They can be pretty bouncy. :tigger:

I cannot agree more. it's the bubble,
We missed you at AKL but totally understood! you had to EAT! LOL..
OMG that mattress!!! I am still laughing!!!

Your road trip commentary is so funny. The excitement of arrival!

THANK YOU! I try.
arrival is always SO amazing!

Your air mattress situation sounds oh, so familiar! Happens every time DH and I have to use ours. We have one of the double thick ones so one of us (usually DH because I always have to get up in the middle of the night) ends up on the floor or in the center crater of the air mattress.

I can't wait to see all the changes to Disney Springs. We didn't realize it until after we got home from our last trip but we only saw about half of DTD. We're planning on spending a whole day there this time.

i think if you both just roll onto it at the same time you might get on better?? I am sure there is a science to this... YOUR RIGHT! you do always gravitate to the middle! So funny..
Disney Springs is huge. Takes a lot of time to see it all. Nighttime is the best!!! all the fun starts!

Your house is adorable, anytime you want to post random pictures of things in Northern Illinois feel free. I get homesick for Illinois sometimes.

Thank you! I have loads of Chicago pictures on my web site!

I have driven the route from GA to IL and IL to GA way too many times, the truck with the cows and the truck with the fork must be new. We didn't see those back in June on our last visit to Illinois.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGGGGG ride..
Yes the truck with the cows and forks and things is a new barn made for tours.. it's pretty nice place.

I do recall the Hell is Real sign, and we love all the windmills.

Windmills are really neat.. Just odd. Hell is real I just drove threw it.

The mountains in Kentucky and Tennessee are much better scenery than the cornfields in Indiana and Illinois. In the winter I like to look for big icicles hanging off the mountains.

Oh I have to agree even in the blackness KY and TENN is better then GA and IN.
I hear the winters are pretty scary driving in them?

I have never heard of Dasher, GA where is that? We stop in Valdosta alot. There is a chikfila there and a cracker barrel.

Got me. I just stop where there is a bathroom and gas! LOL.

My husband (a Georgia Native) loves Waffle House. I refuse to eat there.:rolleyes1

there is quite the controversy going on with the Waffle houses.. HA HA HA HA!

Stop it. You HAVE to stop for the juice. It's the best!

Glad you finally made it! Do your friends live in Celebration? You looked like you drove under the arch before you saw them. I'm glad you made it under the arch! Unlike us and stupid LInda taking us the back way. I can't wait for more!

I AGREE!!! I was SO SO BUMMED it wasn't open! i thought it was a 24 hour thing!!!
Stupid Linda.. BUT you did avoid all the traffic!

Yay you made it! And you got to see Suzi and D! And Dis shop! And AKL!

I am still laughing; I don't know if the toll road story is better (been there, done that, but even worse was at the gate looking in ever nook and cranny of the car trying to find change), or the air mattress (they are evil, they eat people).

I agree with oopsi - you look amazing Mo!

Can't wait to see your next shenanigans!

YES! we saw a LOT that first day and we were EXHAUSTED!!!
Ugh. those darn tolls. But WHO goes on vacation and does NOT have any cash on them?!?! seriously!
They do eat people.. Or violently throw them across rooms..
Thank you!!!
our Shenanigans.. they are a plenty..

We always leave change in the car's ash tray for the toll booths. It also comes in handy for parking meters. That must have been a bother to try to hunt for change.

I ALWAYS have at LEAST $3.00 of change in my car. for whatever reason Tom took it all out when he cleaned the car! i still am shacking my head AT him! what were you thinking!!! DUH!

Yippee! You arrived. Sounds like a perfect low key first day after a loooong drive.

It was a low key day still we did and saw a lot and we were bushed!

Yay! You have made it!!!!!

FINALLY!

Jumping in to follow. We live in Southern Ontario outside of Toronto. Whenever we head to Disney we drive straight through the night too. We usually leave around 6PM and get down to WDW between 3 and 5PM the next day. We love the long drive. We love seeing the change from snow to no snow as we almost always go in the winter. We know we keep getting closer as we see less snow and more grass. We are driving to Miami for a cruise in February. Not a Disney cruise, you can boo me now. We are attempting to figure which resort to stay at for one night on our way back home, CSR or CBR.

Hello and WELCOME!!! glad to have you! 24 hours of driving is the pits. I just HOPE you have better scenery? no cows on trucks? Hell is real signs? Forks in the road?
It was Fun to watch the temps get higher and higher as we drove south!
A CRUISE!!! I want to go on a cruise!!!! nope not going to boo you.
ohh tough choice!!! Let me know which you choose!

Better late than never, right?? I'm here, but I need to go back and catch. Life has been utter chaos since returning from Disney!! Can't wait to catch up!

Yes! I want to hear all about your trip!!! Take your time we will be here!

Great so far!! A fun way to start your vacay too with Disney springs first and also you were way too tired I'm sure to consider much else!! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Nope we couldn't do a lot after the drive.. We were crappy guests.to tired to form complete sentences. thankfully friends can decipher Mo-enese!

Hello and WELCOME!!! glad to have you! 24 hours of driving is the pits. I just HOPE you have better scenery? no cows on trucks? Hell is real signs? Forks in the road?
It was Fun to watch the temps get higher and higher as we drove south!
A CRUISE!!! I want to go on a cruise!!!! nope not going to boo you.
ohh tough choice!!! Let me know which you choose!

We have some nice mountains to go through for scenery but usually we are there late at night so we really don't get to see any of the real scenery until we are close to GA. Lots of trucks, not many cows though. No large forks in the road or anything interesting like that. My wife has pretty much decided we want to to CBR but it all has to fit into the budget!

How long was the drive from New york? it it just as boring?
I totally agree! the drive there is fine as your adrenaline has you GOING! way home is just depressing.
I blocked out how long it was. I think about 16-18 hours. I wound up doing the drive down most of 95. We left NY around 6 instead of 7pm like we planned so we got stuck in rush hour traffic. We couldn't put in Florida in waze, so had to pick a different stop to get waze started, it kept on rerouting us around our local area. I think we arrived at ASmovies around 2 the next day. We listed to the serial podcast, so that make up for the boring no scenery changing road. It totally kept my attention and the frapuccino and milkshakes helped as well.
I ALWAYS have at LEAST $3.00 of change in my car. for whatever reason Tom took it all out when he cleaned the car! i still am shacking my head AT him! what were you thinking!!! DUH!
That is funny. We bought a sunpass last year, but the type that goes on the window so can't change it from car to car. Flying this time and are renting a car, Should have gotten the other type. Now I'm trying to figure out the tolls and making sure they are all poll plaza not sunpass only. We can't mail it in, since we are in a rental car. If we don't pay, rental car charges us the toll plus a $15 fee ( it think)

We have some nice mountains to go through for scenery but usually we are there late at night so we really don't get to see any of the real scenery until we are close to GA. Lots of trucks, not many cows though. No large forks in the road or anything interesting like that. My wife has pretty much decided we want to to CBR but it all has to fit into the budget!

I was hoping you would pick CBR!!! i can't wait to hear how you all like it!!!
the night driving is really a pain. that's when the light start playing tricks on your eyes! I even bought a pair of those crazy glasses to help with the headlights.. they still dance in front of my in the total BLACK road/sky! LOL...

I blocked out how long it was. I think about 16-18 hours. I wound up doing the drive down most of 95. We left NY around 6 instead of 7pm like we planned so we got stuck in rush hour traffic. We couldn't put in Florida in waze, so had to pick a different stop to get waze started, it kept on rerouting us around our local area. I think we arrived at ASmovies around 2 the next day. We listed to the serial podcast, so that make up for the boring no scenery changing road. It totally kept my attention and the frapuccino and milkshakes helped as well.

oh no.. getting stuck in traffic makes it all that much worse! it's about the same drive from chicago 16-18 hours...
I had my handy dandy scan for the radio stations.. which i am jealous. everyone has better stations! and a plethora of Country stations! (i am not a country music girl)

That is funny. We bought a sunpass last year, but the type that goes on the window so can't change it from car to car. Flying this time and are renting a car, Should have gotten the other type. Now I'm trying to figure out the tolls and making sure they are all poll plaza not sunpass only. We can't mail it in, since we are in a rental car. If we don't pay, rental car charges us the toll plus a $15 fee ( it think)

just make sure you have CHANGE lots and lots of CHANGE. since most of the tolls take exact change. that's a pain.

you can't contact them and change it?!?!

Yup... Stopping by to see if there are any more updates... ::yes::

D~

Oh yay! I didn't know this existed! Love your reports, everything sounds wonderful so far. Can't wait to hear more.

Joining in! I can tell I'm going to Lalalove your trip report!

:welcome:

disney-pixar-lava

YAY! so glad your here!!

Screw responses...I need updates, lol!

Yeah.. i know i know...

Yup... Stopping by to see if there are any more updates... ::yes::

D~

Well.. it didn't happen.

Oh yay! I didn't know this existed! Love your reports, everything sounds wonderful so far. Can't wait to hear more.

Howdy!!! Glad your here!!!! :hug:
Thank you i enjoy writing them!!!

I do apologize.. It has been a VERY trying week on my patience. Today is no better.
Thankfully i took to higher ground and not sitting in Cook county jail for an act of sin:yay:

Let me get an update together TODAY!

Take me to my Bubble!

I just realized this report is really going SLOW! on page 6 already and i haven't even gotten INTO Disney!
Let's rectify this shall we???

The alarm went off promptly at 6am. We had no qualms about getting up. IT WAS OUR TRUE DISNEY DAY!

Tom politely rolled off the air mattress of doom, i followed suit. ROLLING right into the living room...
tumblr_moyth9Y7SY1sxpwxbo1_500.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........................

We packed up as quietly as we could, headed out locking the door behind us..

Once in the car we all screamed for JOY! LET'S GO TO DISNEY!

then POOF! We entered the bubble:

Where reality is left behind and fantasy and magic awaits!

I was a little slap happy...

I happily JUMPED to the counter to talk to the REALLY NICE CM. then looked left...

IT WAS MORTICIA!!!! From last year! I silently thanked all ye gods of CM concierge bliss i did not have to speak to her! received all our car stuff and headed off to our first park...

We were so excited to be in our bubble we totally forgot to drop off our luggage. Day 3 of my poor car packed to the gills. who care right? Let's get to the park!!!

We started where we left off

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!

Just look at that BEAUTIFUL Sky!!!

It was EMH so we headed over to:

as you can see there was NO ONE there!!!

We ended up doing it twice! Both of them just as much fun as the other! We truly love this ride!

Boring---

thats better

a REALLY sweet CM came out of nowhere and asked is she can take ALL of our picture! THANK YOU!

Hidden Mickey? Found it!

Unfortunately that is all the time i can give to you today!!!

Last edited:
Yay making it to the parks! AoA looks like so much fun, I am kind of disappointed that it didn't make sense for us to go there in January, I really want to stay there at some point.

Yay! You are there! Getting sooooo close to our first meet! I think we are almost even on our TRs but I'm sure you will breeze ahead of me before too long.

Oh and I have to say, in the first HS photo I am totally horrified by that lady's blue dress. :scared1: Definitely not the right outfit for that body shape! And is it the shadows or is the front all wet? :crazy2:

So wish I could still ride Star Tours! I miss it but I prefer not to puke so I have to skip. Jim can't wait to see the new scenes next month.

That's one hidden Mickey I've never found. Where is it at? I will need to find it next trip.

LOVE the picture with all three kids (where it looks like Meg is dying...)....thanks for the update. I actually thought about trying to finish mine yesterday. But sleep won...I blame the newly acquired cold. Yeah!

And please don't go to jail...so many are not worth going to jail over...

Just look at that BEAUTIFUL Sky!!!
It looks like you had great weather on this trip. ;)

as you can see there was NO ONE there!!!
That's because they rushed over to RnR and TSMM. It is nice when you can have a ride to yourself like that. Those days seem to be getting very rare now. :( You did a great job waking up, checking in and getting to DHS this early in the morning. :thumbsup2

We ended up doing it twice! Both of them just as much fun as the other! We truly love this ride!
I can't ride this ride at all. I love the exterior of this ride. It is really well themed. :)

Love the pics of your kids after Star Tours! I have to agree with Ariana about Star Tours--I can ride anything, but Star Tours (and Astro Orbiters for that matter) make me want to puke. Whyyyyy?!!

Hopefully the rest of your day goes more smoothly than the start!!

You made it to Disney!!!! I love that the first ride you went on was Star Wars! Love the family speed racer photo! I am SO EXCITED about the new SW fireworks coming to DHS!!!!

Yay! You made it to a park!! Looks like you are having a great time so far! I love Star Tours, it's one of my favourite rides. DH and I already have our tickets for the 00:05 showing of Episode VII on Thursday, I can't wait! That's a lovely family photo with all of you on it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter