Les Chefs de France Lunch Review - 7/14/06

nybound

Mouseketeer
Sorry, as I continue these reviews a bit out of order. Mostly, it's from getting the pictures cleaned up.

Eating at Les Chefs de France was an unplanned event for us. DD7 really wanted to eat there again, and the timing worked out well. For those that know French history, July 14 is Bastille Day, so things were a bit more festive in "France".

We walked in and were immediately seated with no ADR (it was about 2:30 pm). Our waiter's name was Ronan. The service was good, though he seemed a bit distracted at times and wasn't always on top of things.

We started off with Escargot and Losbter Bisque. As you can tell from the pictures we were a bit hungry by the time we sat down, so most of it was eaten by the time I got the camera out. In both cases, they were very good (either that, or our hunger was just that large).

Actually, we have had the escargot before, and it's quite nice. Six snails are served in it's own little "cubby". The best part is dipping bread in the leftover garlic sauce. The lobster bisque is creamy with a nice texture. I would have preferred "chunks" of lobster, but the infusion was still nice.

For our main course, DW had the Pain Bagnat (basically, a tuna fish sandwhich), and I had the Crepe Basquaise (a crepe filled with chicken, onions, and peppers). DD7 had the chicken and pasta (which she craved from a previous visit), and DD4 had the fish and french fries.

The tuna fish sandwhich was BIG. It's a lot of tuna and a lot of bread. DW managed to eat only half the sandwhich and the tuna out of the other half. She like it, but it's nothing spectacular. My crepe was good. It's kind of an chicken etouffee wrapped in a crepe. Not bad, if just a touch salty.

We managed to finish most of our meals and ended up skipping dessert.

All in all, it was a decent meal that really wasn't all that expensive. We'll end up returning to Les Chefs de France if for nothing more than the appetizers.

Pictures to follow.

Escargot.jpg

Escargot (mostly eaten). The best part is dipping the bread in the left over sauce.

ChickenFingers.jpg

Kid's chicken fingers and penne pasta (that's marinara sauce on the pasta and not ketchup).

Tuna.jpg

Pain Bagnat - a tuna fish sandwhich served with potato chips. The picture doesn't do justice to the size of this sandwhich.

Crepe.jpg

Crepe Basquaise - chicken, onions, and peppers wrapped in a crepe served with a small salad. The flavor strikes me of something I would get in New Orleans.

newfamilyman said:
Sorry, but I have to ask---what exactly is lunck?

It's the super special lunch served on Bastille day at Epcot. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it :rolleyes1.

Hopefully, my typing and proof reading skills will improve in my other reviews.

Thanks for the reviews those portions look really generous!!! Even I would have struggled with that tuna sandwich - the chicken crepe looked delicious!!

That is one huge tuna sandwich!! :) Thanks for posting the pics and report.

thanks for your review
We're having dinner at Chefs de France in Aug

I gotta ask... The snails....
I want to try them, just so I can say I have, but the thought of eating snails............... well, it grosses me out a bit.
But I like to be adventurous ESPECIALLY with food. Afterall, Ive had squid, octopuss, bison, rattlesnake, ostriche, froglegs, crayfish, and raindeer (and many more) ... whats a snail to that list???
are they good? Whats the texture? chewy?

:rotfl2: I picture Gary on Spongebob... Meow! :rotfl2:

If you like octopus you will like snails, they are chewy, like a fresh clam, what is so good is the butter gralic and parsley that they are cooked in.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter