Legoland -- Questions

KSDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
We're making our first ever visit to Southern California before the EB Repo cruise this summer.

My three DS's all love legos -- I don't want to think of how much we've spent on legos over the years.

For Valentine's Day, we gave each of the three boys a subscription to Brickmaster and now they're excited about their trip to Legoland. One of my kids even told me he'd skip Disneyland for Legoland.

My questions and I apologize if they've been asked before:

1. How long does it take to get to Legoland from Disneyland? (We'll be staying at the HoJo across from DL).

2. Should we rent a car or is there alternative transportation? We want to be there when it opens to make the most of the day.

3. We will be arriving on a Wednesday, so will have three full days (Thursday through Saturday). Would Saturday be the best day for Legoland as DL would be the most crowded? How crowded would a Saturday in mid-August be at Legoland?

4. How much time should we allocate for Legoland? Our boys are 13, 10 and 6.

Thanks!

We're making our first ever visit to Southern California before the EB Repo cruise this summer.

My three DS's all love legos -- I don't want to think of how much we've spent on legos over the years.

For Valentine's Day, we gave each of the three boys a subscription to Brickmaster and now they're excited about their trip to Legoland. One of my kids even told me he'd skip Disneyland for Legoland.

My questions and I apologize if they've been asked before:

1. How long does it take to get to Legoland from Disneyland? (We'll be staying at the HoJo across from DL).

2. Should we rent a car or is there alternative transportation? We want to be there when it opens to make the most of the day.

3. We will be arriving on a Wednesday, so will have three full days (Thursday through Saturday). Would Saturday be the best day for Legoland as DL would be the most crowded? How crowded would a Saturday in mid-August be at Legoland?

4. How much time should we allocate for Legoland? Our boys are 13, 10 and 6.

Thanks!

1. We went on a Thursday leaving DL from DLH at 8:40 a.m. and got to Legoland just after 10 a.m.

2. We rented a car from Alamo in DTD directly across from DLH for $29.95 for one day. We checked into the Greyline bus but we would not arrive right at opening and did not want to be on someone else's schedule. Plus this was cheaper.

3. Can't answer the question about August since we went in off season. I am sure both will have high attendance as it is summer and a weekend.

4. We spent from 10:15-4:30 p.m. at Legoland when we went. It was plenty of time for us to do everything.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
PS. I can relate to you on how you don't want to know how much you spend on Legos. It is sad when you go into the stores and you have pretty much everything on the shelves...........

Also remember that there is a lego store at DTD. If you have an annual pass to DL you can get 10% off at the Lego Store.

I have sometimes found good deals in the clearance area of DTD store. a $60 castle for $25.

Sometimes the legos are cheaper at Target, Walmart. So my son always is the price checker. Wanting to get the best bang for his hard earned buck!

Check here for tickets to lego land. In February I was able to get an adult ticket for $41. check back every month though as the deal changes
http://arestravel.com/722_ticket-list_m8_r762346.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter