Legoland is opening in Orlando this fall!

HollyEpcot

Mouseketeer
We just found out that Legoland will be opening in the Orlando area in October 2011! http://florida.legoland.com/ We love Legos & the Lego store at Downtown Disney, so we would love to visit Legoland on our next Disney trip! (By then the park will probably be open for a year). If anyone can share information about the best age group for the park and about how much time to devote to the park, that would be great!

It says ages 2-12.

I forgot all about this...We may have to try it out in October. We will be there on the 14th so if it is open by then I will have to go!

I am looking forward to it..We went to Cypress Gardens (where Legoland is located) several times and was happy to hear that they were doing something with the property after Cypress Gardens closed (again). Winter Haven is about a 30-40 or so minute drive from Orlando, depending on where you are staying, so it is not a bad drive.

We drove down there last week and it looks like they have a lot to do. The sign for legoland was covering the Cypress Gardens sign but we didn't see much to do with lego inside. Hope it does open on time this fall.

We've been to Legoland in CA, and I think the ideal age range is 5-9. If your kids are happy on Fantasyland-type rides, they will happy there. We went when DSs were 2 and 5. My 5yo definitely had a blast. There was only 1 roller coaster kind of ride, similar to Barnstormer, maybe a little wilder. There was one ride where you had to pedal to propel yourself along a track. There's a water play area for younger kids, so bring swimsuits and towels. There was another water area where you can absolutely get SOAKED. There's a boat ride where you go around and see figures & scenes made of Legos. There's also a Lego building area where you can build cars and race them with other kids.

I would think that one day would be plenty of time to see everything.

Based on our visits to Legoland Ca, I would say the previous poster who said 5-9 is pretty much right. However, I think that 3 year olds can enjoy it especially if tall (some of the rides had minimum height requirements). Plus, lego obsessed 10-12 year olds might still like it if they aren't too into thrill rides yet (not many thrills at Legoland). My son is 12, not into thrill rides and still loves to go there.

In some ways Legoland is better for little kids than WDW. Less scary stuff.

Thank you all for your input about Legoland CA. We have friends in the UK who enjoy their version so my kids are excited to go.

We live in FL so are plans are flexible but my son is hoping to go for his 7th birthday in Nov. I hope that things are complete by then!

Just got back from a tour of Legoland Florida this afternoon. WOW! :hyper::hyper: If you have been to Cypress Gardens in the past, it's amazingly different. Of course right now it's all dirt and a few things are starting to take place. We even got to check it out from above, and chat with the park Manager Adrien Jones. Flat out he says while they will be happy if everyone comes to the park, they are a 12 and under park...period. They will have 4 coasters, but all JR coasters and not for the big time thrill junkies. The signature Gardens will be there, and there will be the world famous Ski Show. No Southern Bells. The scope of this place is absolutely huge considering they're dealing with a smaller area. I fell in love with the idea this afternoon, and am getting very excited about it opening in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter