Legoland annual membership help please:)

Babysaurs

Mouseketeer
He we are looking at going to legoland in oct this year and staying in the hotel for 2/3 nights as part of a bigger california trip.
Im wondering if one of us (2 adults and 2 kids) should get the merlin standard pass as you then get 15% discount on the hotel, 20% on food and 10% on merchandise. Ive done a rough work out of prices and it does appear to be a saving? Has anyone else done this or have experience with the annual membership?
Also whats the average temp in early oct and will it be warm enough for the waterpark? We are also hoping to catch a brick or treat night while there (fri,sat,sun and maybe the monday).
Kids will be 5 and 8 then.
Thankyou for your help:)

I live in San Diego, and I feel like October is one of the hottest months of the year here. In early October we are still using our pool every day.

We used to have annual memberships on the kids but we live in LA. Each came with a free one day park ticket. The food in the park is pricey like any other theme park but you can bring food and drinks into most areas of the park. The hotel is pricey compared to Sheraton which also gives you direct park access but legoland hotel is very cute. Any discount helps- we get that discount via work. Kids LOVED the pirate themed rooms-- DH and I thought they were slightly cheesy. West Inn is a nice more budget conscious hotel a short drive away.

October is usually pretty warm. We have been to brick or treat several times and kids were sweating in their costumes. They had fun with the freebies though. You should check the calendar on the website to see if water park is open during your visit and what the hours are. In off peak times the water park is closed sometimes.

Early Oct is still HOT, in the 80 degrees F range. Closer to Halloween it starts getting cooler. High 60s - Low 70s during the day and chillier at night.

Water Park hours: http://california.legoland.com/Documents/pdf/LLCR2015Calendar.pdf
  • Only open on weekends in Oct 12-5p
Brick or treat is fun for my kids. There's about 10 treat stations throughout the park. Treats are healthy snacks for kids (i.e. apples, Snikiddy cheese puffs, pretzels) so I appreciate that. Expects LOTS of people though!

If you are planning to go to Legoland more than 2x, you should get the membership. Especially since you want to go to the Water Park and Brick or Treat. These are all extra charges on top of a regular admission ticket. However keep in mind that the Merlin STANDARD pass does not allow entry to Brick or Treat. You'd have to pay a separate ticket.

Regardless which membership you get, right now Legoland is offering a Free Stay at Legoland Hotel with purchase of 4 annual passes!
This is good if you want to stay at the Hotel. This offer says it expires 4/30/15. Periodically they will offer other incentives for annual passes. When we got ours, it was Buy/Renew 3 annual passes, get 1 child annual pass FREE. I'm not sure if they will offer my discount again in May but maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts