• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Legitimately hit 999,999 on Buzz - but don't know how I did it !!!

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
DS has hit 999,999 when Buzz has been stopped, but this trip I looked down at my score as we left the 'Robot' room and it read 999,999. I almost had a panic attack whipping out my camera to capture the moment - and spent the rest of the ride trying to get pictures of everyone else without a flash, since I could no longer score any higher. . . my problem is, despite bragging rights (fortunately DS and his buddy were right behind me and had to 'see it with their own eyes to believe it') - I have no clue what I hit to get it !!! If anyone knows and wants to PM me, I would love to know so I won't be left in suspense to endlessly ride Buzz over and over again trying to figure it out !! :confused3

This happened to me once too. I have no idea how I did it either. There was no ride malfunction. I know my score took at least on 200,000 point leap, so I'm pretty sure I hit something big - I just don't know what it is.

I have Buzz Bragging Rights in my family though to this day!!

I got this score too on our trip in Dec! The funny thing is I am the worst at this. My entire family is sooo competitive on this ride and I'm usually the one who helps out one of our little ones. I loved the reactions I got from my dh who was in the car behind us - when I nonchalantly ;) showed him my score. :banana: I have no idea what I hit either. I would be interested if anyone knows my secret :blush:

Thanks-
Deb :)

I had my three teenage sons there in August 2003...and you can only IMAGINE how competitive they are!!! :goodvibes We rode Buzz several times, and each time, one of the older two boys would get to have bragging rights....

But then, on E-Ride night, my youngest son (who was 10 at the time), hit the 999,999 mark....! :teeth: I was in the car with him, so I could verify it, although he was SOOOO excited, I think everyone on the ride within 50 feet could hear him yelling and screaming!!! :cheer2: With excitement, of course!!!

Now, this only made the other 2 older boys mad, so of COURSE we had to jump right back on to see if they could match that score. They never even came close! :earboy2: Much to my youngest son's delight! :rotfl2:

To this day, we don't know what he hit, or how he did it, but it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip...and he STILL talks about it!!! He'll always remember having the highest score on that trip!!!

I totally did the same thing last May. I was riding with my brother and he hit a good 600,000 and thought he had won. Little did he know I'd hit 999,999 long ago!

:sad2: This is my dream goal! I always end up getting the WORST of the scores in my entire party... :rotfl: Congrats! :banana:

There has to be a target that gives you tons of points because the other day we were riding, I was barely shooting anything, mainly just watching my son and I got 999,999. I thought it was a malfunction.

I scored 680,000 last week on Buzz, legitimately racking up the points, no Huge "jumps" in my point total at any time. I did notice at least two 100,000 point jumps at two different times in the robot room. That is easily my best score ever. My wife usually claims Buzz Bragging Rights in our party!

I've hit it once and got 999,999 and I have no idea what it was. I must add that I am so bad at Buzz that I once came out with 0 as my score.

Go ahead, DisFam95 -- give us the scoop.

Fridye: Well sorry I can't remember 100% for sure..but DH and I were watching a Travel Channel show on Disney Insider stuff. DH LOVES this ride and is sooo competitive on it!! Well he got up to go to the bathroom and on the show they talked about the Buzz ride and I think they said on the back of the robot hand was the big point target. I can't remeber how many and I'm pretty sure it was the robot hand so good luck!! I yelled when I heard it and DH said what was it and I've never told him!! :rotfl2: I just said I knew where the big point target was!!

I got like 560000 pts and DH got 540000 on this trip..he was so mad!! :cool1:

My wife hit 999,999 one time. We still have a good time telling her she must have had a defective machine cause there's no way she could have done it with out cheating.

:teeth: Thanks DISFAM95 I can't wait to try this. My DH always clobbers me on Buzz so hopefully I can use this tip to kick his butt!!! :cool1:

Ooohhhhh! This is my DS7's favorite ride. We leave tomorrow....do tell the secret targets so I can blow his mind! :rotfl2:

In the Robot room if you hit the side of the big Robot's arm it is a ton of points.
Front side and back side, if I remember correctly.
Also just as you leave that room, if you turn your car backwards and look for the Z on the left hand side of the ceiling, you will get a lot too, but not as many as the Robots arm.
My DH has gotten 999,999 a lot of times. One time I hit it in that first room. I innocently told him the only thing I remembered hitting was the side of the arm. So we went on again and we both shot at the arms and sure enough, jackpot!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter