Led Zeppelin Collides With The Magic Kingdom! The Grand Finale!!! 6.28.2012

Well, I don't think I've ever seen the dragon in China at F&G and let me say it is REALLY impressive. You got some great pics too. That might be my favorite so far! Such details!

I was looking over the menu you posted from Kringla Bakeri and thinking I've got to try the ham and apple sandwich:laughing:...and then you did. That looks very yummy. We always visit the Bakeri but usually just for snacks. That sandwich makes me want to put it on my list for next year though!

Nice meet n' greet photo of you and ksl5f123. I've read her last trip report and am reading her current camping adventure too. Laughed out loud at the prison visit scenario!

The first year I went to F&G I saw the dragon and did not realize it was only for the festival. I was so disappointed the following year when it wasn't there! It is simply amazing! I was slightly apprehensive about the sandwich but decided to give it a try....and it was very good! I always plan to try the snacks there and never make it so I was happy to get to mark it off my list! Of course I will return though!!

The M&G was fun and I was so happy it worked out! I am sure prison would be much better if you are trapped on the inside of Epcot!! :lmao:

Nice report - look for more!

Thank you and welcome!!!!! :yay:

Sorry I have been MIA! I definitely did not want updates to be so long in coming. As a matter of fact Madison is on me to finish! Work has been hectic due to a co-worker being out sick and me tackling multiple duties. With my weekend plans I will not be able to update until at least Sunday but hopefully everyone will hold tight! More Epcot pictures and stories to come!!

No need to apologize for lack of updates to this Diser. I haven't updated my pre-trip report or trip report for a while now. It's hard to find time to Dis when we have so many deadlines at work. Once I get home in the evenings, it's even tougher.

Not sure how I missed the dragon,but I'm glad you didn't! Awesome pictures.

Lunch in Norway looks really good! I love the rice cream!

No need to apologize for lack of updates to this Diser. I haven't updated my pre-trip report or trip report for a while now. It's hard to find time to Dis when we have so many deadlines at work. Once I get home in the evenings, it's even tougher.

I feel like a slacker on reading TRs and PTRs I am following much less updating my own! Work seems to be so crazy and it just keeps getting crazier!! And when I get home?! Yeah, I am exhausted and tired of being on a computer all day!! :laughing:

Not sure how I missed the dragon,but I'm glad you didn't! Awesome pictures.

Lunch in Norway looks really good! I love the rice cream!

The dragon is very cool!! I loved the rice cream. It was my first time to try it but it was so good!!

First I need to backtrack because Madison informed me that she had pictures of what she and her friends did in China before we arrived!! So below are a couple of the pictures she took (she had lots of duplicates and I know she is going to ask why I didn’t post them all!! :laughing:):

The guys dressed in robes and then proceeded to do karate moves!

4fe2ec9b.jpg

china2.jpg

china.jpg

And adventures outside!

e45ae0b5-1.jpg

Now back to where I left off!!

So with the Dis meet over I met back up with my co-hort. First, though, I grabbed some shots of the front entrance of the Sorcerer Mickey topiaries!

IMG_0198-1.jpg

IMG_0199-1.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202-1.jpg

We make our way back to World Showcase and make another attempt to catch back up with the kids. We stopped in Mexico since the Mariachi band was still playing.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

They were very entertaining but best of all was the girl they pulled from the audience. It was her birthday and she had two friends with her. They first sang a Mexican birthday song. She had the best personality and was swaying along to the music.

IMG_0205.jpg

Then a man from the audience (obviously no one she knew) came up and began dancing with her.

IMG_0206.jpg

After the song was finished we all sang “Happy Birthday”. She was giddy and I thought what a magical memory she will always have of this birthday! It was just a happy moment and I had no idea who she was!

From there we moved on to Germany.

IMG_0207-1.jpg

IMG_0208-1.jpg

IMG_0210-1.jpg

IMG_0212-1.jpg

There really isn’t much to see here (at least not in this trip!) except the train area. I love this area!

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

As we approach the area I stop next to a little boy around 5 or 6 and his grandfather. The conversation goes like this:

Little Boy (in an awed/hushed voice) says to me: “That lizard is gigantic down there!”

Me: “I bet it is Godzilla!”

Little Boy: “I bet it IS Godzilla!! He is running over everything!”

Grandfather: “Yes, and see the man down there? There were two men while ago!”

Little Boy (confused) asks his grandfather: “Where did he go? :idea: Oh no!! Godzilla ATE HIM!!!!!”

It was a hilarious exchange! And the little boy was adorable!

Moving along I snap away:

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Continued in next post....

And as we leave Germany, I see Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs! (The real Snow White was out at a Meet and Greet but no picture of that!)

IMG_0220-1.jpg

IMG_0222-1.jpg

IMG_0223-1.jpg

IMG_0224-1.jpg

IMG_0225-1.jpg

IMG_0227-1.jpg

IMG_0228-1.jpg

Next up? Italy!

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232-1.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

My son had only a few requests for me to bring back to him and one was candy from Italy. So I went in search of the candy. (Thankfully it survived the heat!) Oh did I mention it was hot!? We were very warm the whole day! Anyhow, after my purchases are made we head out to watch the Ziti Sisters a bit. I saw them last year and they are a hoot!

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

We enjoyed them for a few minutes and decided to move along.

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240-1.jpg

Texting the kids we find out they are in Japan. So that is where we are headed! I ask my co-hort if he wished to stop in America and he said he sees enough of America, let’s move on! I do notice Woody and Buzz and I cannot pass them up so we run over for a picture!

IMG_0242-1.jpg

IMG_0243-1.jpg

At this time the Fife and Drums are coming out. I generally enjoy watching them but we were on a mission so only a minute or two here!

IMG_0241.jpg

Meanwhile...judging from Madison's pictures this appears to be what the kids were up to!!

They went back to watch the Mariacchi band that serenaded us during lunch:

ba5d7db7.jpg

They watched Sergio. I keep thinking I saw this but then I remember it was on You Tube! :laughing:

5cc48c71.jpg

And then we catch up with them in Japan so I will save those lovely pictures she took (along with mine) for our next update!!

Thanks for the lovely Epcot lunchtime interlude!:goodvibes I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures, especially Snow White and company and Buzz and Woody too. You're hitting the countries at just the right time to see all the extras (street performers). I love when that happens. Some trips it just doesn't work and we're either just a little too early or a little too late.:confused3 BTW, no Karmel Shoppe?????? Really?????? (I love that place!!):)

Wow! you guys were really zipping around the world! I'm tired just thinking about it. Can't wait to hear where you all headed next.

Thanks for the lovely Epcot lunchtime interlude!:goodvibes I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures, especially Snow White and company and Buzz and Woody too. You're hitting the countries at just the right time to see all the extras (street performers). I love when that happens. Some trips it just doesn't work and we're either just a little too early or a little too late.:confused3 BTW, no Karmel Shoppe?????? Really?????? (I love that place!!):)

No Karmel Shoppe....nope...I know! I must have been really hot that day and it was affecting my judgment!! :rotfl2: That place is so good and it will be on the list for the July trip!! Even as I did this update I thought to myself "What was I thinking!?" :confused3

I love reading TRs during lunch....it makes things so much lovelier! Glad the pictures added to yours today! Two years ago we missed almost every performer even though I had their times and I was so very disappointed. Last year I timed them pretty good and this trip as well. There are still a few I have missed but I hope to rectify that in July! I have a feeling lots of time is going to be spent in WS in July! ;)

Wow! you guys were really zipping around the world! I'm tired just thinking about it. Can't wait to hear where you all headed next.

We were zipping along and pretty fast too! I did feel as though I was able to stop and enjoy the moment but we never lingered too long. I think you have elluded to the next few updates!! :rolleyes1

It sounds like you traveling partner is the type like my father. When we would get there he would look at his watch and say "We will all meet back her in one hour", Like, I am already board and that should be enough time to see all there is to see? LOL

What a pace you have set!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best ways to spend a day. Just wandering around WS taking in the sights. My favorite. :goodvibes

It sounds like you traveling partner is the type like my father. When we would get there he would look at his watch and say "We will all meet back her in one hour", Like, I am already board and that should be enough time to see all there is to see? LOL

What a pace you have set!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that would drive me crazy!! :lmao: Since I went with a laid back attitude and was able to see a little in each country it wasn't too bad. It wasn't like when I am with my DH and can tell him to go sit somewhere and when I am done we will move on. Also, though I wanted to see as much as possible and one day at Epcot just doesn't cut it for me!! July will be different! :)

One of the best ways to spend a day. Just wandering around WS taking in the sights. My favorite. :goodvibes

I love to wander WS and take it all in! As a matter of fact, so does Keith!! :hyper: I am so happy to know this and I just know this will get me to F&W one day!! He has instructed me that July is to include lots of Epcot!

Finally Japan! The kids were having fun in Japan. What kind of fun? Well, let’s see what story Madison’s pictures tell!

china4.jpg

china3.jpg

4193dc0c-1.jpg

01bb146e.jpg

dd11992a.jpg

We actually find them in the food section after all of the fun above was over.

But I snapped these as we walked into the Japanese area.

IMG_0244-1.jpg

Lightening McQueen

IMG_0245-1.jpg

To'Mater!!

IMG_0246-1.jpg

IMG_0247-1.jpg

And then we enter the shopping mecca:

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

I also had a request from my DS to purchase the “strawberry sprite like drink” in Japan. I found what I thought he was referring to and this caused several other kids to buy some too. We head back out into the bright, hot sun. By this time I was dragging! I had basically been on my feet since 9am with only a 20 minute break to eat. Actually my calves were hurting. Plus with the heat! Whew! I am used to touring, taking a break mid-afternoon at the resort and heading back to a park for the night. But we still had a lot to see and do!

A walk through the gardens which I find so lovely!

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252-1.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259-1.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Slowly we make our way out of Japan...

IMG_0261-1.jpg

IMG_0262-1.jpg

IMG_0263-1.jpg

We head to Morocco which was a favorite of the kids.

IMG_0264-1.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Continued in next post....

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269-1.jpg

IMG_0270-1.jpg

IMG_0271-1.jpg

IMG_0272-1.jpg

IMG_0273-1.jpg

IMG_0274-1.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277-1.jpg

They had fun looking through everything here. They also left us while we were looking and headed on to France. We finish looking around Morocco and head over to France. We didn’t stop long here but I did manage to get some pictures of the area.

IMG_0278-1.jpg

IMG_0279-1.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281-1.jpg

IMG_0282-1.jpg

IMG_0283-1.jpg

IMG_0285-1.jpg

IMG_0286-1.jpg

IMG_0287-1.jpg

IMG_0288-1.jpg

IMG_0291-1.jpg

I love the France pavilion!

And I always love this little scene...

IMG_0292.jpg

Next up...we are almost done with World Showcase but there is still plenty of things to do (In case you didn't notice it is only almost 4 o'clock)!!

Glad that I'm not the only one who would have been tired! :lmao: You guys are troopers!

We spent about 3 minutes in Morrocco, and that was spent deciding whether to stay in Jasmine's M&G line or not. :rotfl: I'd like to spend a bit more time there on one of these trips.

I've never noticed that little setup in France before, thanks for sharing!

Looks like the kids are having tons of fun, that must have been fun to be a part of. :goodvibes

Glad that I'm not the only one who would have been tired! :lmao: You guys are troopers!

We spent about 3 minutes in Morrocco, and that was spent deciding whether to stay in Jasmine's M&G line or not. :rotfl: I'd like to spend a bit more time there on one of these trips.

I've never noticed that little setup in France before, thanks for sharing!

Looks like the kids are having tons of fun, that must have been fun to be a part of. :goodvibes

It had been a pretty long day (but really fun!!) up to that point! Morocco is great! It has really neat shops and lots of cool things to look at plus the architecture of the pavilion is great to explore!

The kids were having a blast! I was so happy I was getting to share in the experience!!

Tsk...tsk...tsk...no better picture of the fleur-de-lis in the short formal hedge garden at the France pavilion? :lmao: With my screen name, I'm kinda partial to it! :thumbsup2

:guilty: so sorry!!! I will try to do better next time! ;) I actually have a good picture of the fleur de lis from a previous trip! This time I was actually trying to get a picture before rushing to the next stop! :headache: I love the fleur de lis and have them all over my house!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter