leaving tomorrow - last question about Magical Express

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by j_lehr, Dec 21, 2006.

1. j_lehr

j_lehr DIS Veteran

Our flight gets in after midnight...I never received my documents because the travel agent had the wrong address but she sent me a file on what to do. Are there people that work at the Magical Express counter all night? Just curious how this works. Want to make sure we are not stranded, lol.

Thanks!,
    jessica

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tracks N Slabs

Tracks N Slabs Riding The Rails

There are ME cast members at the airport 24/7. They have a list of the flight times of all guests arriving that are booked on ME and will have someone there to greet you.

4. InstImpres

InstImpres DIS Veteran

While the desk is "open" all night, it is really only active until everyone is accounted for. Since you don't have your documents, I would call to verify they have your flight number. If they don't (or they have it wrong) and you have a major delay, you could find yourself with a very long wait if they aren't expecting you.

5. Tigge50447

Tigge50447 DIS Veteran

I had a quick question about the yellow luggage tags. I'm assuming these are so the disney people will pick up our luggage and transport it to the hotel so we don't have to. However if I don't put the tags on can we go to luggage claim and pick it up ourselves? I'm a little worried having someone else pick it up and drive it to our resort and how long that all will take.

6. InstImpres

InstImpres DIS Veteran

It works great but if you prefer to get your luggage than DO NOT tag it as you thought. Pick it up from the carousel and head to the ME desk. The buses have underneath compartments and can easily accomodate your luggage.

Enjoy

7. Tigge50447

Tigge50447 DIS Veteran

Great Thanks :thumbsup2

8. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Yes, if you do not attach the DME luggage tags, your luggage will not be pulled 'backstage' and you can pick it up yourself.

However, since all DME-tagged luggage is pulled BEFORE any luggage is placed on the carousel, I'm not sure you have anything to worry about.