Leaving tomorrow and thank you to you all....

kevin harrison

DIS Veteran
My last day at work today, really getting excited now, not sure if I am going to have time to post again, so...

Just want to say thank you to everybody who has helped me with any info I have wanted over the last few weeks.

As some of you know we have been struggling with coping with the needs of my son, who is Autistic, doesn't eat at all, doesn't walk and says only the odd single word. The support and advice you have given me has been great and something that my family and I appreciate.

I don't think unless you have to deal with it, and there are people on this board that will certainly understand, how hard it is on a daily basis to care for a child with additional needs. We have virtually no support from my family and it's bloody difficult all the time. For example the medical company that supply Daniel's meds and liquid feed have had to ship two crates to the HRH for me, if we don't get them Daniel would be in trouble, this week US Drug Enforcement Agency and Customs have intercepted the crates and taken them apart, it has taken me days to sort that problem out. It's not as easy for us to just book flights and a place to stay..

Virgin have been amazing with their support for us with Dan's needs and have helped us every step of the way with their planning. The Hard Rock have also been great, as far as contacting the Arnold Palmer hospital in Orlando to source medicine for Daniel if so required. Thanks Bruce !

I have never been in more need of a holiday than I am at the moment, so thanks!!!!!

Kev

Hi Kev,

Hope you have a fantastic holiday you deserve it.

"I don't think unless you have to deal with it, and there are people on this board that will certainly understand, how hard it is on a daily basis to care for a child with additional needs."

I am for obvious reasons one of the people who do, as we deal with similar issues every day too.

Make the most of your holiday mate and hope everything goes okay for you. I won't put a 'hug' (it's a guy thing). ;)

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to cope with an autistic child, but it's certainly something I've gained a greater awareness of due to those of you who post here. I hope it all goes off without any further hitches and that you all have a wonderful time. Safe travels.

Can't begin to imagine how hard "every day life" must be so I hope you have a really magical and wonderful holiday. :yay:

Hope you have a great time.
Autism is something we live with, but not on the scale that you have to deal with.
Our holidays are, for the most part, fraught with challenges but I wouldn't change my son for the world and I am sure evry other parent, regardless of their circumstances, feels the same.
Enjoy your vacation and come back and tell us all about it. :thumbsup2

we too live with autism on a daily basis, and like johnny, although my son is not as severe as yours, i understand (sort of) what you live with each day.
i hope you all have a brill time, just enjoy the time together, the hrh is amazing, we loved it (esp the free beer and wine:rotfl2:) ds loved the oreos hidden in the train if its still there in the club lounge!
look forward to a trippie:goodvibes
tracy

Kev, sorry I missed you yesterday - life got in the way of DISing, shocking!

Hope you ALL have a fantastic, memorable and exciting trip.

Have fun:thumbsup2

Hope you have a wonderful time......and bring back lots of magical memories....:wizard::woohoo::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter