Leaving tomorrow and thank you to you all....

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by kevin harrison, Sep 11, 2009.

1. kevin harrison

kevin harrison DIS Veteran

My last day at work today, really getting excited now, not sure if I am going to have time to post again, so...

Just want to say thank you to everybody who has helped me with any info I have wanted over the last few weeks.

As some of you know we have been struggling with coping with the needs of my son, who is Autistic, doesn't eat at all, doesn't walk and says only the odd single word. The support and advice you have given me has been great and something that my family and I appreciate.

I don't think unless you have to deal with it, and there are people on this board that will certainly understand, how hard it is on a daily basis to care for a child with additional needs. We have virtually no support from my family and it's bloody difficult all the time. For example the medical company that supply Daniel's meds and liquid feed have had to ship two crates to the HRH for me, if we don't get them Daniel would be in trouble, this week US Drug Enforcement Agency and Customs have intercepted the crates and taken them apart, it has taken me days to sort that problem out. It's not as easy for us to just book flights and a place to stay..

Virgin have been amazing with their support for us with Dan's needs and have helped us every step of the way with their planning. The Hard Rock have also been great, as far as contacting the Arnold Palmer hospital in Orlando to source medicine for Daniel if so required. Thanks Bruce !

I have never been in more need of a holiday than I am at the moment, so thanks!!!!!

Kev

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jayduk

jayduk Mouseketeer

Have a brilliant holiday!! :yay:

4. JohnnySharp2

JohnnySharp2 No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a

Hi Kev,

Hope you have a fantastic holiday you deserve it.

"I don't think unless you have to deal with it, and there are people on this board that will certainly understand, how hard it is on a daily basis to care for a child with additional needs."

I am for obvious reasons one of the people who do, as we deal with similar issues every day too.

Make the most of your holiday mate and hope everything goes okay for you. I won't put a 'hug' (it's a guy thing). ;)

5. UKDEB

UKDEB Moderator Emeritus Moderator

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to cope with an autistic child, but it's certainly something I've gained a greater awareness of due to those of you who post here. I hope it all goes off without any further hitches and that you all have a wonderful time. Safe travels.

6. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Have a great trip. :goodvibes

7. higgy66

higgy66 <font color=deeppink>I have to force myself to go

Can't begin to imagine how hard "every day life" must be so I hope you have a really magical and wonderful holiday. :yay:

8. cannp123165

cannp123165 <font color=green>Very Quizzical<font color=teal>

Have a brilliant time! :)

9. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

have a great time!!!!

10. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great time.
    Autism is something we live with, but not on the scale that you have to deal with.
    Our holidays are, for the most part, fraught with challenges but I wouldn't change my son for the world and I am sure evry other parent, regardless of their circumstances, feels the same.
    Enjoy your vacation and come back and tell us all about it. :thumbsup2

11. Snowy-girls

Snowy-girls Did you speak to a 'human being'

:hug:
    I wish you all a safe journey and a wonderful holiday.Take care+can't wait to hear about it when you return.x.

12. howlongtillsummer?

howlongtillsummer? DIS Veteran

Enjoy the magic and get those batteries recharged!!

13. CharleyUK

CharleyUK Mouseketeer

:goodvibes:goodvibesHope you have a refreshing holiday!

14. OrlandoMagic

OrlandoMagic DIS Veteran

Hope you have the great holiday you deserve! Looking forward to hearing all about it :goodvibes

15. scojos

scojos <font color=peach>I want to be Tinkerbell and fly

we too live with autism on a daily basis, and like johnny, although my son is not as severe as yours, i understand (sort of) what you live with each day.
    i hope you all have a brill time, just enjoy the time together, the hrh is amazing, we loved it (esp the free beer and wine:rotfl2:) ds loved the oreos hidden in the train if its still there in the club lounge!
    look forward to a trippie:goodvibes
    tracy

16. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Wishing you a lovely holiday :goodvibes

17. binkytell

binkytell DIS Veteran

hope you and your family have a magical time together:wizard:

18. catherine

catherine <font color=red>Hey not fair, you guys already hav

Hope that you have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

19. Mrs Dazzle

Mrs Dazzle <font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto

Kev, sorry I missed you yesterday - life got in the way of DISing, shocking!

Hope you ALL have a fantastic, memorable and exciting trip.

Have fun:thumbsup2

20. merlin307

merlin307 <font color=peach>Consider it pardoned<br><font co

Hope you have a wonderful time......and bring back lots of magical memories....:wizard::woohoo::cheer2: