Leaving the hubbies and kids behind - A May 2010 PTR, TR has begun!

Woo Hoo, more of my gnomies are here!!!

Christine, the ARR window is already open, see post below

Welcome Janell!! It's good to have you here!

Paula, it's all good! I'm not as popular as some of you guys' PTR's/TR's so I don't have 3 pages in the first day :rotfl:

I'm not a gnomie, but can I please still have one of these: :cool1:?

:)

I have gone with a friend twice, and we had much fun and laughed a lot both times. You will have a great time!

I'm not a gnomie, but can I please still have one of these: :cool1:?

:)

I have gone with a friend twice, and we had much fun and laughed a lot both times. You will have a great time!

MeMom, not only will I give you one of these :cool1: I'm going to throw in a :woohoo: and a :banana: (cause you know we love you that much!)

Considering that C and I spent almost 3 hours at CG for dinner ...I don't think you would have any problem with the 7:20pm time as long as you just kept in mind that you want to make this a very leisurally meal. Enjoy the food and the company and have them wait for dessert until after Wishes. I think either time and plan would work for you...but 7:20pm is quite doable also and I don't think would be early at all.

actually we had quite a few meals that pushed that 3 hour mark:rolleyes1

I'd go got the 7:20 and spring for a bottle of wine:rolleyes:

P

Considering that C and I spent almost 3 hours at CG for dinner ...I don't think you would have any problem with the 7:20pm time as long as you just kept in mind that you want to make this a very leisurally meal. Enjoy the food and the company and have them wait for dessert until after Wishes. I think either time and plan would work for you...but 7:20pm is quite doable also and I don't think would be early at all.

actually we had quite a few meals that pushed that 3 hour mark:rolleyes1

I'd go got the 7:20 and spring for a bottle of wine:rolleyes:

P

Hmm :rolleyes: I went ahead a booked the 7:20. I still have the 9 as well and we will have to decide which one to cancel.

After some work, I was able to get ADR’s for all the restaurants we wanted on the days I wanted. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get many of the times I had hoped for and I am a little nervous about the time of a couple of them. Here’s what I got:
  • No ADR’s for Saturday 5/1 because if we take the flight we have talked about, we will get in quite late
  • Sunday 5/2: Biergarten 5:05. I’m SO excited Beth wanted to try this one. We were going to go here last year with my entire family but my parents didn’t want us spending the money on them for it. It definitely isn’t a lot of peoples’ taste but we are both excited about the Oompa band!!
  • Monday 5/3: Whispering Canyon Café 7:20. I’m very nervous about this time! I am hoping to see Spectro at 9:00 and I’m worried that if we run late at all, we will not get back in time. We may just plan on getting there a ½ hour early and wandering the WL if we have to wait that long. Is the boat the fastest way to go? (Keep in mind we will likely have a car)
  • Tuesday 5/4: Cali Grill at either 7:20 or 9:00. I guess from what you all are saying, I am leaning toward the earlier time and planning on stretching out the courses. I figured we would add drinks and appetizers at a couple places and this is as good as any (Beth, do you like sushi?) No Spectro this night so Wishes will be at 9.
  • Wednesday 5/5: we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with lunch at Teppan Edo at 1:30. We will have to be sure to stop at the tequila cave for margaritas earlier in the day!
  • Thursday 5/6: Ohana 8:35. I couldn’t get anything earlier than this but I think it will work out OK with our touring plan for the day.
  • Friday 5/7: Rose and Crown 5:05. I was hoping to get an ADR that would work with Illuminations but couldn’t get one the entire week. We will just do the earlier dinner then find a good spot somewhere else. The crowd level this day is only a 4 so I’m not too concerned!
  • Saturday 5/8: If we are able to keep all the above ADR’s, that will use up our TS credits. There were a couple other places we are interested in eating so I booked 2 possibilities for this day. We are likely to have a late flight out and I left it open to pick the park depending on what we want to do most. So I booked a 10:30 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and a 12:00 at Les Chefs. We can pick the one we want or cancel both depending our desires at the time.
While we are planning food, let’s talk snacks…

What are your favorites? I want to make sure to enjoy:
  • A cream cheese pretzel (LL, aren’t you the one who loves these? Where are they?)
  • Figaro fries
  • A main street ice cream sandwich
  • Dipped treats from Goofy’s
  • A no way Jose from Beaches and Cream
What else should I add to the list?

Your ADR's look great! It's so nice to see you so excited and gearing up for a trip to WDW! :goodvibes In terms of snacks, I'd recommend a taquito or chips and gucamole at La Cava del tequila when you stop for your margarita or the bakery in France has a nice cheese plate with a baguette that goes great with a glass of wine. :rolleyes1

Joining in! A girls trip sounds like so much fun.

Welcome Jennifer :wave2: Nice to have you here!!

ADR's sound wonderful! Lots of great places!

I'm so excited! I love that I will get to try all new places.

Your ADR's look great! It's so nice to see you so excited and gearing up for a trip to WDW! :goodvibes In terms of snacks, I'd recommend a taquito or chips and gucamole at La Cava del tequila when you stop for your margarita or the bakery in France has a nice cheese plate with a baguette that goes great with a glass of wine. :rolleyes1

:hug: Thanks C. You know we could maybe use a guide who really knows their way around the Epcot "highlights" :rolleyes1

The cream cheese pretzel is at MK in Tomorrowland at the snack counter underneath the astro orbiter. I am not sure if you can get them in other places or not.

I've been meaning to try those Figaro Fries but I haven't yet!

I think your ADRs look great. I would be a teeny bit worried about WCC too...maybe keep trying for an earlier time. I wouldn't want you to miss out on Spectro. I don't know if the boat is the quickest or not...it might be because I think the bus at WL stops at other resorts and if you drove then you would have to park and then take the monorail or boat over.

The cream cheese pretzel is at MK in Tomorrowland at the snack counter underneath the astro orbiter. I am not sure if you can get them in other places or not.

I've been meaning to try those Figaro Fries but I haven't yet!

I think your ADRs look great. I would be a teeny bit worried about WCC too...maybe keep trying for an earlier time. I wouldn't want you to miss out on Spectro. I don't know if the boat is the quickest or not...it might be because I think the bus at WL stops at other resorts and if you drove then you would have to park and then take the monorail or boat over.

Thanks for the heads-up on the pretzel!

How often do the boats run? My fear is just missing one and having to wait 20 minutes for the next. If we are on a boat by 8:30 (which is pushing it unless we can get seated early), we won't have a front row spot but we will get there in time for spectro. Certainly the boat is faster (once you are on it) than driving, parking, getting to the TTC, monorail...Isn't it?

Oh, I'm off to check on an earlier time! Hmm, there is a 6:30 on Sunday but that is also a Fantasmic night. The only other night Fantasmic is currently scheduled is also the only AK pm EMH which I really wanted to do. I booked the Sunday one and will keep my fingers crossed that either I will eventually find and earlier one on Monday OR they add another Fantasmic.

Hi Katie! Thanks for inviting me over! Now it's time to go back and read....

Glad you made it Anita!

Your ADRs are making my stomach growl.....

Me too popcorn::

Yesterday I was flipping through the newspaper and saw an ad for Allegiant Air. It advertised spring flights out of Des Moines for $90 each way (down $10 from last week). Cedar Rapids is actually a better location since it's halfway between Beth's house and mine so I went to their flight pricing and found they had dropped to $80 each way! :woohoo: (oh, and all other flights out of Des Moines have gone UP another $30)

For some reason I am feeling hesitant about booking. I have a fear of something going wrong :confused3

What do you think Beth? Should we commit?

Are Grey Geese considered a snack? Why yes they are! :laughing:
Don't forget about a Dole whip!
Anything from Goofy's!!

I would agree with the earlier time at CG ::yes::

Thanks for mentioning Cinco de Mayo! I had not realized it so we will be sure to have some margaritas Wednesday! :thumbsup2

Your ADR's look great....love Biergarten! You will have so much fun and really enjoy the band. Just beware...I got a beer when I was there last month and it was a liter! I had to pick it up with two hands!! :rotfl:

Tracy

Must be so much fun going to 'the world' with a cool friend!! Looks like you can start looking forward to an awesome trip!!! I hope you have a fantastic time!! :thumbsup2:dance3:

Are Grey Geese considered a snack? Why yes they are! :laughing:
Don't forget about a Dole whip!
Anything from Goofy's!!

I would agree with the earlier time at CG ::yes::

Thanks for mentioning Cinco de Mayo! I had not realized it so we will be sure to have some margaritas Wednesday! :thumbsup2

Your ADR's look great....love Biergarten! You will have so much fun and really enjoy the band. Just beware...I got a beer when I was there last month and it was a liter! I had to pick it up with two hands!! :rotfl:

Tracy

See, now in my mind, Grey Geese are not a snack...booze is an entirely different must-have list to make :laughing:

I am strange about fruit. I like fresh fruit plain but like very few fruit items (including fruit topping on ice cream, pastries are about the only exception) so I don' think I would enjoy the much loved Dole Whip :confused3

OK, I think we will have to go with the earlier CG time!

I am looking forward to the wine flight at Biergarten!

Must be so much fun going to 'the world' with a cool friend!! Looks like you can start looking forward to an awesome trip!!! I hope you have a fantastic time!! :thumbsup2:dance3:

Glad you found me over here! Your trip is getting so close!!!!!!

Katie, I'm a "go for it" kind of gal, and I say we go for the flights. What do you think? :confused3

I love all the ADRs (woohoo, I need some kind of celebration emoticon....I just used my first abbreviation!). Snacks are sounding all snack-a-licious to me! I just want to go!!!

[*]Sunday 5/2: Biergarten 5:05. [*]Monday 5/3: Whispering Canyon Café 7:20. ][*]Tuesday 5/4: Cali Grill at either 7:20 or 9:00. I[*]Wednesday 5/5: we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with lunch at Teppan Edo at 1:30. We will have to be sure to stop at the tequila cave for margaritas earlier in the day!
[*]Thursday 5/6: Ohana 8:35. .
[*]Friday 5/7: Rose and Crown 5:05. [/SIZE]

Katie -

I know you asked me several days ago what my ADR's are, so here goes....

5/2 The Wave 7:30
5/3 Rose & Crown 7:30
5/4 LeCellier 1230 (hoping to go to Cirque tonight)
5/5 Tusker House 1015 & Yak & Yeti 745
5/6 Ohana 6pm

Can I coax you into the late EMH at AK on 5/5??????

Maybe we can meet after my Ohana dinner and before yours on 5/6?????

Oh...and I vote for the earlier Cali Grill ADR!

Katie, I'm a "go for it" kind of gal, and I say we go for the flights. What do you think? :confused3

I love all the ADRs (woohoo, I need some kind of celebration emoticon....I just used my first abbreviation!). Snacks are sounding all snack-a-licious to me! I just want to go!!!

Here you go: :jumping1:
Give me a call today and we'll get it set up!

Katie -

I know you asked me several days ago what my ADR's are, so here goes....

5/2 The Wave 7:30
5/3 Rose & Crown 7:30
5/4 LeCellier 1230 (hoping to go to Cirque tonight)
5/5 Tusker House 1015 & Yak & Yeti 745
5/6 Ohana 6pm

Can I coax you into the late EMH at AK on 5/5??????

Maybe we can meet after my Ohana dinner and before yours on 5/6?????

Oh...and I vote for the earlier Cali Grill ADR!

You don't need to talk me into AK on 5/5, it's already planned! Will you be doing MK EMH on 5/2? We will be doing Fantasmic then heading that way.

I'm extremely frustrated now! I've been on the dining reservations site frequently waiting to see if an ADR opens up for better times than we have. I had an idea and changed our party size to discover I can get the earlier times I want for WCC and Ohana and the later Illuminations time at R&C IF we had a larger group, but not for 2 :mad:

This is NOT fair!

Anyone know what would happen if I booked a table for 4 then only 2 show up? Of course if Paula, Christine or Jen come that week we could have the larger party size needed :rolleyes1

I am pretty sure that Christine, Jen & Paula didn't change the ADRs in September when I had to cancel. I don't think they had any problems showing up with a smaller group. If you do that, just tell them that the other people couldn't make it at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter