Leaving the Disney-Hater at Home: A Dorky Disboutiquing Diser Sista Trip Report 6/4

He was very excited to see himself on one of her pins!

DSC01547_360x480.jpg

I thought this border was appropriate for the day.

AKlilostitch.jpg

Next, we continued to head to Camp Minnie Mickey. Unfortunately, I had read the times schedule wrong and it was Nemo that started at 9:45, not Lion King. D'oh! So, we were there about an hour early for the first Lion King show. :rolleyes:

We thought we'd make the best of it and get in line to see Minnie and friends. However, they weren't scheduled to arrive until 10:05. :headache: So much for getting there at rope drop! We weren't about to walk across the park and then come back. So, we just got in line and waited for Minnie to show up. In case you're ever in this situation, the signs for each line has the name of the character that will be there on the back of it. I just peeked around behind the sign to make sure we were in the right one.

According to the handy-dandy website I found, while waiting for Minnie to show up, it was 37 degrees with winds of 10mph.

Mom and Tessa thought they'd use the facilities while we were waiting. When they came out, they reported that they had met a famous dog in there! She was with a woman who has seizures and the dog can alert her 10 minutes before her seizure starts (how cool is that?). Anyway, this dog had been in a movie. I can't remember the name of the movie, but Tessa said that she had watched it on tv.

After what seemed like an eternity, Minnie finally arrived at the meet area! We de-iced ourselves and gathered at the entrance. Tessa was the very first one in line!

AKrunningtominnie.jpg

DSC01555_640x480.jpg

She got extra special treatment and Minnie walked with her down the path.

DSC01557_360x480.jpg

DSC01560_640x480.jpg

AKminnieandtess.jpg

I was grinning like a doofus the whole time. I get so stupid around the characters! See, here's proof. Do I look cold, too?

AKmeandminnie.jpg

I am wearing Thumper ears- not Roger Rabbit ears, Eeyore ears, Bugs Bunny ears, Brere Rabbit ears, or Rabbit from Pooh ears. Only one person guessed right all day! It was fun because lots of people tried to guess and lots of people said they liked them!

Sawyer was really cold and didn't want to get out of the stroller. So, Minnie Mouse came to HIM! Another kiss from a character!

akminniekissingsawyer.jpg

Next, we got in line for Goofy because we had all sorts of time. Tessa did some pin trading with the CM that was working the line. He saw that her hands were shaking because she was so cold (she had gloves, but wasn't wearing them yet). So, he reached into his coat pocket and handed her a little packet. It was a hand warmer! She was thrilled with it and I was so thankful that he would give that to her! What a sweet guy!

DSC01563_360x480.jpg

It was hard to tear her away from the joy of a new hand warmer. But, she did give Goofy a hug. I thought this would tide over the "Henry Fanny Club" for now. :rotfl:

AKgoofybutt.jpg

DSC01561_360x480.jpg

Next up, came one of the most magical parts of our whole trip!!! It really made our whole day!!!!!

As we were exiting the Goofy meet line, we saw that guy that walks around and sings. So, my mom just went up and asked if he'd like to sing a song about Tessa and Sawyer from Michigan. He did!! Plus, my camera worked pretty good and I got the whole thing on video!! You have to watch it, it's really cute!!

I just love that video!! We've watched it so many times that we know the song by heart! Can you believe that Chip and Dale even walked up during the song!! How perfect was that!?!?! I wish I would just keep my mouth shut when I'm video taping! I sound so obnoxious!!

I know this one's blurry, but just look at her smile!

DSC01566_640x480.jpg

DSC01569_640x480.jpg

DSC01570_640x480.jpg

If you watched the video, you will know why there are no pictures of Sawyer! :lmao:

That was such a magical moment!!! :cloud9:

What a great way to spend some time before the Lion King show! Yes, I know it's called the Festival of the Lion King show. But, whatever! Tessa was just hoping that we didn't end up in the warthog section again. Apparently, she doesn't like to snort. :confused3 We ended up sitting in the lion section, which we'd never done before.

DSC01573_640x480.jpg

Sawyer was much happier inside where it was warm.

DSC01575_640x480.jpg

NEXT

They chose a guy to come out and impersonate a warthog for the show and who do you think it was??? It was the guy from the teacups and the family of the day at Magic Kingdom!

DSC01577_360x480.jpg

This was looking really fishy to me. :scratchin: This time he was seated with the woman and girls who had been on the teacups, plus the camera crew. How did this family keep getting picked for everything? What was up with the camera crew?? Oh, how I wish I had asked!

We really enjoyed the show. It was much better than when we had been there in May. The singers were on tune and in time with the music. It was great!

I had never seen the Nemo show, so we decided to do that afterwards. I had heard mixed reviews on this show, but mom really liked it when she was here in May. I have a total of one picture from the show and it stinks- sorry!

DSC01578_640x480.jpg

I thought the show was cute. Did I think it deserved a giant auditorium? Probably not! The kids really enjoyed it, especially Sawyer. He was bouncing and dancing along to the music. He just loves Finding Nemo! Finding Nemo was also Tessa's very first movie ever in the movie theater. She was about 6 months old and she actually watched it! She even laughed at the jokes!

At this point, it was 43 degrees, with winds of 9.2mph and I could no longer feel my rear end. Seriously, I was wondering if it was still there. Sawyer had gloves, but he refused to wear them. So, I tried to keep his coat pulled down over his hands.

We had run out of indoor things to do, besides the Conservation Station. Oh, we also were skipping It's a Bug's Life because I thought it would freak the kids out. So, we decided to get something to eat at Pizzafari.

I got the most delicious sandwich in the world. I LOOOOVED this sandwich! Here, I found it on the menu for you. If you like this kind of thing, you must try it!!!

Hot Italian Style Sandwich with Carrot Sticks or Chips - Turkey, ham, Swiss and Provolone Cheese topped with Caesar salad and pesto marinated tomatoes - $7.49

Maybe my enthusiasm came from the warmth of the restaurant and the fact that it was a hot sandwich, though. The kids got breadsticks because they don't like Disney pizza. Those little pizza snobs! :snooty: They were only $3.99, so it was a cheap meal.

DSC01580_360x480.jpg

DSC01583_640x480.jpg

We stayed in Pizzafari for quite a while, hoping that it would warm up while we were in there.

DSC01582_640x480.jpg

DSC01581_360x480.jpg

There was a little girl that kept waving to Tessa while we were eating. She looked like she knew who Tessa was. I didn't recognize her and she wasn't dressed like the child of a disboutiquer. She came over when she was done eating and said "You're Tessa! I saw the man sing a song about you!" It was so cute!! Tessa was thrilled. They talked for a while and decided that they were friends.

Mom and I were both ready to leave the park if it hadn't warmed up yet. Mom didn't have any gloves and her hands were getting really cold, too. But, when we came out of the restaurant, it was 48 degrees out and the wind had died down. So, we thought we'd make the treck out to the Conservation Station and Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Sawyer was excited to ride on this train and wasn't scared this time.

DSC01585_640x480.jpg

DSC01586_360x480.jpg

I don't know what it is about these elephants, but we always have to stop to play on them! They must have been really cold to touch!!

DSC01588_640x480.jpg

I got a kick out of my shadow.

DSC01590_640x480.jpg

We looked at our times guide and saw that the talking trash can was supposed to still be out. But, he was nowhere in sight. Tessa loves the talking trash can. It was the highlight of her trip in '06! She talked about it for years!

Here's Sawyer running around like a maniac while we looked for the talking trash can.

DSC01591_640x480.jpg

What's up with his foot configuration there?

We didn't see it and I REALLY wanted to get out of the cold, so we went inside. The first thing we did was to listen to the sound of the rainforest in one of the little booths. I always think that is so neat! We actually had to wait a little while for a booth. It seems that everyone wanted to do inside things today. I wonder why!

When a scary sounding animal came across the headphones, Sawyer grabbed his and threw them off. But, he bravely put them back on a minute later.

There was a really friendly CM outside of the booths that asked me if I liked hidden Mickeys. I told him that we love to find hidden Mickeys and that Tessa was an expert at it. ;) So, he pointed to a little area on the wall and asked if I could find the smallest hidden Mickey in the park.

DSC01592_640x480.jpg

Did you see it?

He also showed me this one, which I thought was particularly cool!

DSC01593_360x480.jpg

We wandered around a bit and saw a bunch of people gathered over by the window where they do animal surgeries. I have never seen anything in there before. But, this time they were actually operating!!

DSC01594_640x480.jpg

They were working on a 450lb turtle. They said she hadn't layed any eggs and they were concerned that they were compacted inside of her. So, they were doing exploratory surgery. She also had some weird stuff in her bloodwork, so they thought something was wrong. They didn't find any eggs and she had been on the table for 5 hours at this point, while they tried to figure out what was wrong.

Suddenly, her flipper began to flap. A bunch of people ran over to try and hold the flipper down. There were 4 people on each flipper and they couldn't hold it still. The flipper kept flying around and hitting people. It hit one woman in the chest pretty hard. She had to leave the room. I didn't realize how strong turtles were! We watched for quite a while, completely fascinated!

Then, I heard a familiar squeaky voice- it was Tessa's old friend, the talking trash can!

DSC01596_640x480.jpg

As soon as we saw him, he had to go take a break. Tessa was pretty disappointed by it.

But, as soon as he was gone, we saw Jiminy Cricket.

DSC01599_360x480.jpg

This was turning out to be an exciting place!

DSC01601_360x480.jpg

Sawyer has been on a Pinocchio kick lately, so he was pretty excited to see good 'ol Jiminy.

DSC01602_640x480.jpg

DSC01609_360x480.jpg

I wonder why we never get to see Pinocchio anywhere? Sawyer would have loved that! The only place I've ever seen him is in the parade.

Rafiki was also there, so we got some autographs. The handler with him was barking out orders, as if Rafiki were the most sought after character at Disney. "Have your autograph books opened to a blank page, have your pens out, and your cameras turned on before you get to the front of the line." I automatically add a "please" for people like this who seem to forget that word. :cutie:

DSC01610_640x480.jpg

DSC01612_360x480.jpg

NEXT

We were ALMOST thawed out when Tessa started begging to go pet the goats. Come on!! We can do this at our local zoo! But, it's something she really loves to do, so we braved the cold weather to make the kids happy.

DSC01615_640x480.jpg

DSC01616_640x480.jpg

We didn't stay out nearly as long as we usually do over here. When a woman yelled at Tessa for trying to feed the goats grass, we decided it was time to go.

But, we heard that familiar squeaky voice again, so we had to stop for the "show". I was really annoyed because the voice of the garbage can was standing right there about 3 feet from it. So, we could all clearly see him talking, and even hear him talking. It was stupid! It kind of ruined the "magic" for me, but the kids didn't seem to notice. It was all I could do not to turn and talk to the guy instead of the garbage can. But, I let the kids hug a garbage can and we were on our way.

Right around this time, I notice my camera started doing some really weird things. I didn't notice this until we got home. But, it started putting green auras around stuff and making things look really weird!

DSC01619_640x480.jpg

From this point on, Sawyer checked out every garbage can at Disney World, just to see if it would talk to him. :rotfl:

Guess what, guys? It was still REALLY cold! :cold: The temperature had went up to 48 degrees, but there were wind gusts up to 16mph, so it felt almost as cold as it had in the morning. We were frozen and we were DONE!

But, since we were right by Kilimanjaro Safari, we thought we'd check on the line. Line? What line? There was NO line! I've NEVER seen that before! We just walked right up to the front and hopped on a car. This driver was SO much nicer than the last time we were here.

Did you miss that adventure? Well, that was then and this is now (which is also a book by S.E. Hinton).

There were lots of animals out. We weren't sure with it being so cold out, but we saw quite a few. Most of the deer-looking animals weren't out in the fields, though. Sawyer and Tessa both enjoyed it.

DSC01620_640x480.jpg

DSC01631_640x480.jpg

DSC01623_640x480.jpg

This guy was in there with the flamingos the last time we were here. Is he planning on living with them and studying them like the wolf man on tv?

DSC01632_640x480.jpg

DSC01633_640x480.jpg

After the safari, we really were done. It was just too cold to stay around and watch the parade. I really wanted to see it, but it just wasn't worth it. So, we headed out of the park. But, we had several photopass pictures taken on the way out. They're lovely, no?

AK4ofusagain.jpg

AK4ofus.jpg

I called Henry on the ride back to Pop and he said that it was below zero at home. Well, at least he didn't have to stay outside in it! ;)

Mom once again offered to get the cups while I waited with the kids. She's so sweet!

I attempted to get in line with the kids to get their chicken nuggets and fries. Well, that didn't work out so well. Sawyer had gotten REALLY hyper on the ride over and he wanted to run, run, run. Tessa was being silly and giggling and I had a heckuva time controlling the 2 of them while I balanced a food tray. Ugh!

I did manage to pay for the food without dumping my tray. I just got chili fries for myself, minus the cheese (I despise processed yellow cheese-type substance).

We all got lots of hot chocolate. This time I drank it straight up, with a little bit of creamer in it. YUM!! Warm, creamy, chocolate goodness! I have a feeling this may be why I put on a few pounds during this vacation!

While we were eating, I noticed that some women came in with a frozen pizza. I was very curious as to what they were doing with it. They took it out of the box and carried it over to the beverage area. Then, they broke it into pieces and stuck it in the toaster oven!! That did NOT work!! We saw them dump the pizza in the garbage and sheepishly sneak away. When we went over to the beverage area later, we saw that there was melted cheese and pieces of pizza crust all over the oven, right next to the sign that says the toaster oven is for toast and bagels only.

Also while we were eating, I looked up and noticed a mannequin wearing this sweatshirt with lime green mickey head buttons on it. I thought my fellow Disers would enjoy it!

DSC01636_640x480.jpg

We went back to our room and discovered that "the maid" had put Tessa's gloves on her Baby Simba.

DSC01637_640x480.jpg

Tessa was amazed because she had been wearing her gloves all day, so how did they get on Baby Simba? She decided that it must be Disney magic!

She didn't remember that mom had borrowed her gloves when she came to the room to get our mugs. ;)

We relaxed in our nice, warm room for the rest of the night while the kids watched some tv. Aaaaahhhhh.....

DSC01638_640x480.jpg

Up next: How to get free stuff at the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater

So I had a really long comment that I did on your last update while I was at work :ssst: and it poof :wizard: disappeared.

So annoying!!!

It must have been so weird to be in AK in the cold. I always think of that place as being the hottest spot this side of the equator! I mean the LION was awake...he couldn't even sleep it was so cold!!!

Loved the video. I've never seen the singing guy! Now I'll have to be looking for him!

Was the family with the camera crew filming a new Disney Special???

That was one COLD day! The only warm days here in Atlanta this month were the days we were at disney!

I love the guy singing to Tessa and Sawyer. I think he is quite unique. I loved little Sawyer hiding out in his cocoon.

That really annoys me about the pizza! That sign is RIGHT next to it! I saw it! Dallas loves chicken nuggets from disney.

I have never seen the Lion King or Nemo or been to Camp Minnie/Mickey! I would love to go buy my family just doesn't agree. The safari is my favorite! That was quite brave of Tessa to go on EE. Dallas said he would but we never went to AK. He loves coasters but is scared of the yeti. Silly kid is scared of the yeti on the matterhorn too!

I have never seen the Lion King or Nemo or been to Camp Minnie/Mickey! I would love to go buy my family just doesn't agree. The safari is my favorite! That was quite brave of Tessa to go on EE. Dallas said he would but we never went to AK. He loves coasters but is scared of the yeti. Silly kid is scared of the yeti on the matterhorn too!

NEVER seen the LION KING???? WHAT???? :scared1: It's the best show at Disney. You must see it at some point

:) . i love your thumper ears, they are very cute, and i am sure you were easy to spot in a crowd with them
:) . animal kingdom - i get lost there all the time can i borrow your mom?
:) . if you go in the cold again, go hang out in the rainforest cafe shop, thats what we did to avoid the august heat, and use that entrance
:) . i have never seen that singing guy, he is so cool, and i love that song
:) . my kids must be odd, they love bugs life, they just laugh, but no way i would be able to get ryan on EE, he would be petrified (also he still has a few inches to grow...thats what happens when your mommy is only 5 feet and 1/2 inch)lol
:) . gross about the pizza in the toaster oven, come on just buy a ready made pizza
:) . i read that disney got rid of the chicken fingers in favor of chicken nuggets is that true? my kiddos will be mighty disappointed
:) . i started doing a numbered list but i like to be different so a smiley count for you

GOOD INSTALLMENT HEATHER!!

1st- NO you are not posting too fast! I'm loving that you are doing it as quickly as you are. I had a long post made out for the last installment and it disappeared, but I read it AND enjoyed it too!

2- Are you trying to tell us in a subtle way (when you say you could no longer feel you bum) that you froze your butt off?!?!? If so, it would make sense to me that you would've LOST weight on this trip- thus making drinking all of that hot chocolaty goodness an ok thing to do! ( I can justify ANYTHING Heather- so when you need to find a reason or excuse, just contact me. I'm good at it, I'm fast AND it's free!) :rotfl: :rotfl:

3-LOVED the Tessa-Sawyer song (I've never seen that guy before- so cool!) But what I loved most about it was Sawyer closing the top of the stroller on that guy- that had me laughing out loud! TOO FUNNY!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

4- Jiminy Cricket? JIMINY CRICKET!?!?!?!? AWESOME! You had some great character interaction at AK on this trip. Next time you go there, I wanna go with you (Especially if it means I'll freeze my butt off!!)

5- Turtle surgery- AWESOME AGAIN DUDE!!! Which one of Nemos friends was it?

LOVED this installment and loved the pics too!

sounds like you had the cld we had for our Nov trip! Homely it warmed up for the rest of the trip.

So I had a really long comment that I did on your last update while I was at work :ssst: and it poof :wizard: disappeared.

So annoying!!!

It must have been so weird to be in AK in the cold. I always think of that place as being the hottest spot this side of the equator! I mean the LION was awake...he couldn't even sleep it was so cold!!!

Loved the video. I've never seen the singing guy! Now I'll have to be looking for him!

Was the family with the camera crew filming a new Disney Special???
How come that keeps happening? Disappearing posts-oh my!

It was really weird to be cold in AK. We were holding out hope that since it seems to be the hottest park in the summer, that it would be slightly warmer than the other parks. However, I don't think that happened!

That singing guy is great! Castle Creations posted a video a long time ago of him singing to her little girl and she was dancing around. It was SO cute. Tessa was more concerned with her hand warmer.

The odd thing about the family with the camera crew is that the camera crew joined the family without the cameras after the teacups. Very peculiar, indeed. :scratchin

That was one COLD day! The only warm days here in Atlanta this month were the days we were at disney!

I love the guy singing to Tessa and Sawyer. I think he is quite unique. I loved little Sawyer hiding out in his cocoon.

That really annoys me about the pizza! That sign is RIGHT next to it! I saw it! Dallas loves chicken nuggets from disney.

In defense of the women with the pizza, it is entirely possible that they didn't speak, or read, English.

You really should try to see the Lion King show the next time you go. It's really pretty spectacular. There are some that don't like it. :rolleyes1 But, most people love it!

I've never been on the matterhorn! I really want to go to Disneyland! The only other time I've been there was when I was 17 and I don't really remember much.

:) . i love your thumper ears, they are very cute, and i am sure you were easy to spot in a crowd with them
:) . animal kingdom - i get lost there all the time can i borrow your mom?
:) . if you go in the cold again, go hang out in the rainforest cafe shop, thats what we did to avoid the august heat, and use that entrance
:) . i have never seen that singing guy, he is so cool, and i love that song
:) . my kids must be odd, they love bugs life, they just laugh, but no way i would be able to get ryan on EE, he would be petrified (also he still has a few inches to grow...thats what happens when your mommy is only 5 feet and 1/2 inch)lol
:) . gross about the pizza in the toaster oven, come on just buy a ready made pizza
:) . i read that disney got rid of the chicken fingers in favor of chicken nuggets is that true? my kiddos will be mighty disappointed
:) . i started doing a numbered list but i like to be different so a smiley count for you
Thanks for the smiley list, I loved it!

My mom gets lost most everywhere else, even at the mall. But, she knows her way around Animal Kingdom like no one else! I generally walk around AK all befuddled.

Yes, Tessa has confirmed that the chicken was shaped like nuggets and not fingers. They didn't look too tasty to me, more like McDonald's processed chicken product.

GOOD INSTALLMENT HEATHER!!

1st- NO you are not posting too fast! I'm loving that you are doing it as quickly as you are. I had a long post made out for the last installment and it disappeared, but I read it AND enjoyed it too!

2- Are you trying to tell us in a subtle way (when you say you could no longer feel you bum) that you froze your butt off?!?!? If so, it would make sense to me that you would've LOST weight on this trip- thus making drinking all of that hot chocolaty goodness an ok thing to do! ( I can justify ANYTHING Heather- so when you need to find a reason or excuse, just contact me. I'm good at it, I'm fast AND it's free!) :rotfl: :rotfl:

3-LOVED the Tessa-Sawyer song (I've never seen that guy before- so cool!) But what I loved most about it was Sawyer closing the top of the stroller on that guy- that had me laughing out loud! TOO FUNNY!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

4- Jiminy Cricket? JIMINY CRICKET!?!?!?!? AWESOME! You had some great character interaction at AK on this trip. Next time you go there, I wanna go with you (Especially if it means I'll freeze my butt off!!)

5- Turtle surgery- AWESOME AGAIN DUDE!!! Which one of Nemos friends was it?

LOVED this installment and loved the pics too!
I was afraid you didn't love me since you hadn't posted yet. I am so relieved that you still have a place in your heart for me. :love:

Yes, you would have thought that freezing my bum off would have made me lose weight. However, I am much flatter in the back than in the front. So, I didn't have much to freeze off. Now, if I would have freezed off my front (which would include my big belly and *ahem*) I would have lost considerably more weight. *sigh* such are the ways of nature.

I was trying so hard during that song not to laugh out loud at Sawyer because I didn't want to ruin the video. But, I thought Sawyer was hilarious!

I think the turtle must have been Crush's great-great-grand daughter or something because she was only 31 years old.

sounds like you had the cld we had for our Nov trip! Homely it warmed up for the rest of the trip.

BRRRR!!! I didn't know it was in the 30's in November! That's SOOO cold!! This was our coldest day, thankfully! If it would have stayed this cold, I would have tried to get on a plane back home! :thumbsup2

I remember when I was a kid, we used to go to Florida every year at Christmas time. One year when we got there, we still had snow on our car from Michigan. My grandpa was so excited to see snow that he put it in a cup and stuck it in his freezer. It was so sweet. I miss my grandpa. :love:

I would be SOOO mad if they lost my car seats! How would you get home without them? We always take Sawyer's on, but Tessa's isn't approved for airplane use (didn't know that until after I bought it).

Well, since we were two hours from our destination, they gave us two loaner seats and told us they would hold ours until we got back to fly out. For obvious reasons, this made me very nervous. But the seats were there when we got back so it worked out ok.

Loved the AK day! You are just soooo cute in your rabbit ears. And I never seen the singing guy. I couldn't look at the videos because my new computer did not come with speakers but I will have to get some because I am very interested in seeing the song.

Tom does not care much for the conservation station but I like it; it is a nice place to hang out when the park gets crowded. We have seen Pinocchio at the studios, but it has been a couple of years. He gave Jacob a soda once. Jacob was probably as old as Sawyer and we were the only ones in line and Pinocchio gives him a cup of soda. It was the weirdest thing!

Anyway, sorry you were so cold. I was too!

I'm pretty sure I posted at least once to this thread before my last comment Heather, but, if I didn't, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE! I could NEVER forget you! You're the reason I come to the DIS every single day! ;)

No! That is not the same as Henry's!:rotfl:

Sorry it was so cold! When we went in the 70's one year over Christmas, they had record lows...my Dad did NOT bring a coat! Yep, he nearly froze!

That song guy is too funny! I had to watch it again! I just laughed at Sawyer!!!:lmao:

Cool! I didn't know trutles were so strong...I hope that girl was okay after being hit...oops...I'm worrying about people on your vacation now!

And to back up...Tessa sounds like Katie so much sometimes! Katie would totally LOVE to something like EE...but would act SCARED to death with me I know!

Great update!

Wow it was cold! Your kids shirts are so cute! I also really loved your Mom's sweatshirt. Did she get it there at WDW? I need a Disney Sweatshirt.

I can't believe Tessa rode EE twice! The cold weather just makes it more authentic, didn't you feel like you were in the Himalayas?
Your pictures of that ride are really good, and they reaffirm to me that I will never get on that ride:scared: *yes I am a big chicken*

Ethan does the same thing with our stroller (pulls the cover down over himself) We have an older version of that stroller and I love the little place where an older child can stand on the back. They guy with the guitar was really cool and it was so cute that the girl at Pizzafari remembered Tessa.

I like your Thumper ears. And I giggle like that too when I see the characters. Buzz Lightyear really liked a couple of shirts I made my kids and he got down on one knee and kissed my hand. I was giggling and I am pretty sure I turned bright red.

There sure was a lot of stuff going on at Conservation Station! That Turtle sounds scary I think she needed a little more anesthesia, poor thing.

Loving your trip report although I haven't gotten through all of it yet...I can't believe the airlines didn't make any attempt to seat you and the kids together...I mean they are 5 and 2 yo, not 15 and 12 year old! Glad that you found someone to swap seats with you.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report..

I love your Buzz Lightyear photos! Hmm...I seem to have had some of the same stroller issues with my two kids...I love what Tessa said to you later :lovestruc I can't believe Sawyer put down his sword long enough to let you change his diaper! :lmao: I love Tessa picking a fight with Ursula.

I can't believe how cold it got when you were there! Mean magnet lady! I love towel animals! We didn't get any this year, but had them every day last year! They are so much fun to come home to!

You and Tessa look so cute bundled up on EE! Luke enjoyed that ride. I usually am amused by the "snow" on the ride when it is really so hot outside, I guess it wasn't so amusing when you went! That Pocahontas looks like she really doesn't want to be there! I'm surprised Lilo and Stitch weren't freezing in their tropical attire :confused3 :lmao:

For some reason my computer is not showing me the photos in the Cam Minnie Mickey post! I'll have to check back later. I really want to see your Thumper ears! And the singing guy video! How cool would that be! My kids really wanted him to sing about them. I hate hearing my voice on videos! I also wonder why I just can't keep quiet!

Okay, now my computer is not showing me the photos in any of the posts. They were there a minute ago! I'll have to come back and finish reading later when my computer is more cooperative!

warm-ER, well that's something!
Amazing standing diaper change!!! Love it!
I love the mother's rooms as Disney!
Diaper changin heaven! lol
Oh my about the unisex bathroom!!!
I am pretty sure the one at Magic Kingdom has a separate room for nursing Moms. It's been a little while since I used it though. Most of them have a nice quiet spot with rocking chairs and everything! It was always such a nice break on a hot day!
That was nice of you to let Mom take Sawyer on Buzz!
LOve the deer in the headlights picture!! Is Mom reading this TR?? She will love it too!!!
Well, of COURSE Tessa took it seriously, what were the rest of you guys doing?? You are suppose to be defeating the Evil Emperor Zurg! Geesh, did you think this was some sort of GAME????
LOve the redneck photo! Great cropping job!
I love how happy Sawyer looks in all these pictures!
UH! Poor Mom, getting gleafully shot at by a two year old!! He does love to retell that story too, doesn't he!
Well, I think those decorations are totally appropriate! Tessa is pretty and so are the fairies!
Ok, that is really cool that you got a picture of the autograph book actually flying off the pen!!!!!
Poor Tessa with you big bullies picking on her!
Hmm, straightened up FOR a few minutes? That doesn't sound good!
Poor pouting TEssa trying to make it look like she is not having fun while still trying to enjoy the Jungle Cruise!!! too funny!
I'm glad you got a good skipper! Especially since you had to wait so long! Maybe you were leaking fuel!
I've never seen that cool frontier Donald!!!
I like the way you got all MissCammie-like there while waiting in line for Donald!
I don't like grumpy CM pin traders! Hey, where did you get Sawyer's cool looking lanyard? I don't remember that.

Oh, how sweet of Tessa!!
I love her too!
Hmm, the family from the teacups sans Mom and girls.. hmmm.... very curious!

Hey hey!! You needed a spoiler alert! I havne't seen this parade yet!

But, I'm going to look anyway!

Poor tired Sawyer still trying to wave!!
Great picture of Bert! It's like he peaked around just to see you!
Um, hmm, those outfits, I have no clue either!
OOH, the Cinderella float is so pretty!
No comment about the Haunted Mansion, which is comment enough!

So, that's what she looks like when she finds treasure!!! LOL!

Ok, the second try was much better!

Let the girl get a Dumbo already!!! LOL!
So sweet she wante the ears Lydia got and the Dumbo Arminda got! It is a very cute Dumbo!

Oh my goodness, what a jerk at the magnet rack!!! You handled that beautifully though!

I'm glad you went back and got Tessa the bank! OH, that is sweet that she asked if it was for Wish kids! Arminda and Lydia do that whenever I'm making something!

Do you have a picture of the bank?

Yep, looks like Saywer is having the TIME OF HIS LIFE on that train!!! Poor baby! At least he has his half eaten sucker to comfort him!

OOOH! A towel animal!!! and Mom excited! I don't know which would be cuter!

Oh, it looks like you got a nice maid!! How cute what she did! I love when the housekeepers do special things like that!

Oh my that is stinkin cold!!! 15 - 20!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHow MISERABLE!

How disapointing about the window clings!!

I love the pictures the kids took! Especially the one of Mom and Sawyer! I see she brought that cool crayon along!

The accidental Sawyer video is so cute!!

Cute pictured of the kids in their outfits! I love that Sawyer is holding that sword!

If it is below freezing I stay INDOORS! If it even HINTS at being below freezing I stay indoors! So NO! Unless they moved Disney INDOORS, I agree, it was NOT better than home!

I love how you think the show was stupider since it was freezing out!!!

Aww, cute that Sawyer wanted to go on EE sinc he went on Barnstormer!! How COLD was it on that ride though! Talk about windchill factor!

So mean for "making" Tess go on it again! Tsk tsk tsk...

I don't like the dark backwards part of that ride! It scares me just a bit!

You don't go to Orlando to be as cold as home!!!

POor Pocahontas freezing and ready to punch small children!

Lilo and Stitch look warm!

I'm laughing about the border you put on the picture!

Famous dog in the bathroom!!

So cool Minnie walked Tessa down the path!!
I like your ears.
So nice of the CM to give Tessa a handwarmer!!
I love the singing guy!!
Cute picture of Sawyer waiting fot LIon King. I still can't believe you waited that long for THAT show!
What was up with that family from the teacups and the parade??? I wonder if they were in the AK parade too.

I will never ever never forgive them for removing my favorite show, Tarzan to put in that lame-o Nemo show! :snooty: and, if you had ever seen it, you would feel the same! lol

I'm glad your rear end was still in face, there!

How cute the little girl recognized Tessa from the song!!!!

OOH, it was like a heat wave!!! 48 degrees, time for shorts!!!

Was the big stinky plant gone?
It looks like sawyer's legs aren't attached to the rest of his body!

Cool hidden Mickeys!!!

Cool turtle surgery!
Aww, the trash can had to take a break!

Funny about the CM trying to act like she got a popular character! Maybe she was practicing for Cinderella, or maybe Stanley!!!

Dumb lady yelling at Tessa for the grass thing! Was it a CM?

It's not one of her better books, in my opinion. Even if she does mention Ponyboy in it.

Wolf man, flamingo man!! LOL! got me all giggling!

I'll bet that family was the family of the day in that parade too! But, you will never know because you chose warmth!

Mom told me about the people trying to cook pizza!!Weird!

I like that sweatshirt!
You had a great housekeeper!

Yeah! Yet another wonderful installment Heather!!! It's ALMOST like I was there with you!

NEVER seen the LION KING???? WHAT???? :scared1: It's the best show at Disney. You must see it at some point
Heathersue said:
You really should try to see the Lion King show the next time you go. It's really pretty spectacular. There are some that don't like it. But, most people love it!
SOME people KNOW a boring show when they see it!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Just teasing, sort of!

I've TRIED and TRIED to if not LOVE it at LEAST not HATE it, and it just isn't working! I think I'm done with it, I've seen it 4 times now and it just keeps getting more painful each time!

Heathersue said:
I remember when I was a kid, we used to go to Florida every year at Christmas time. One year when we got there, we still had snow on our car from Michigan. My grandpa was so excited to see snow that he put it in a cup and stuck it in his freezer. It was so sweet. I miss my grandpa.
He was pretty special, wasn't he! I miss him too! Mom is so much like him! He was always a kid at heart too!

The Tessa and Sawyer song was so sweet. And Sawyer could not have been any cute hiding in his stroller.

Well, since we were two hours from our destination, they gave us two loaner seats and told us they would hold ours until we got back to fly out. For obvious reasons, this made me very nervous. But the seats were there when we got back so it worked out ok.

Loved the AK day! You are just soooo cute in your rabbit ears. And I never seen the singing guy. I couldn't look at the videos because my new computer did not come with speakers but I will have to get some because I am very interested in seeing the song.

Tom does not care much for the conservation station but I like it; it is a nice place to hang out when the park gets crowded. We have seen Pinocchio at the studios, but it has been a couple of years. He gave Jacob a soda once. Jacob was probably as old as Sawyer and we were the only ones in line and Pinocchio gives him a cup of soda. It was the weirdest thing!

Anyway, sorry you were so cold. I was too!
You got a new computer? I just sent you an e-mail this morning telling you about one at Best Buy!

Pinocchio gave Jacob a pop (I just can't bring myself to say soda)? That is really weird!!

I'm pretty sure I posted at least once to this thread before my last comment Heather, but, if I didn't, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE! I could NEVER forget you! You're the reason I come to the DIS every single day! ;)
You did comment earlier. I'm sorry that I forgot! :hug: You're so sweet to say that!

No! That is not the same as Henry's!:rotfl:

Sorry it was so cold! When we went in the 70's one year over Christmas, they had record lows...my Dad did NOT bring a coat! Yep, he nearly froze!

That song guy is too funny! I had to watch it again! I just laughed at Sawyer!!!:lmao:

Cool! I didn't know trutles were so strong...I hope that girl was okay after being hit...oops...I'm worrying about people on your vacation now!

And to back up...Tessa sounds like Katie so much sometimes! Katie would totally LOVE to something like EE...but would act SCARED to death with me I know!

Great update!
I'm sorry Goofy's dierriere just didn't cut it. Did you like how it said "Gawrsh!" behind it? :lmao:

I considered not bringing my winter coat because I didn't know it would be THAT cold! I'm so glad I brought it!

Wow it was cold! Your kids shirts are so cute! I also really loved your Mom's sweatshirt. Did she get it there at WDW? I need a Disney Sweatshirt.

I can't believe Tessa rode EE twice! The cold weather just makes it more authentic, didn't you feel like you were in the Himalayas?
Your pictures of that ride are really good, and they reaffirm to me that I will never get on that ride:scared: *yes I am a big chicken*

Ethan does the same thing with our stroller (pulls the cover down over himself) We have an older version of that stroller and I love the little place where an older child can stand on the back. They guy with the guitar was really cool and it was so cute that the girl at Pizzafari remembered Tessa.

I like your Thumper ears. And I giggle like that too when I see the characters. Buzz Lightyear really liked a couple of shirts I made my kids and he got down on one knee and kissed my hand. I was giggling and I am pretty sure I turned bright red.

There sure was a lot of stuff going on at Conservation Station! That Turtle sounds scary I think she needed a little more anesthesia, poor thing.
Mom's red sweatshirt is from JCPenney a few years ago, I think. Her white coat was purchased at one of the Disney outlets a few years ago. It has the coolest lining that looks like scrollwork, but is full of hidden Mickeys and crowns and stuff!

:rotfl2: Come to think of it, the cold did make EE more authentic!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that acts like a doofus around characters!

Loving your trip report although I haven't gotten through all of it yet...I can't believe the airlines didn't make any attempt to seat you and the kids together...I mean they are 5 and 2 yo, not 15 and 12 year old! Glad that you found someone to swap seats with you.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report..
I know, I was shocked. I sent a strongly worded e-mail to the airline, but haven't heard back yet. They said it could take up to 20 days for a reply. They must get a LOT of complaints!!

I love your Buzz Lightyear photos! Hmm...I seem to have had some of the same stroller issues with my two kids...I love what Tessa said to you later :lovestruc I can't believe Sawyer put down his sword long enough to let you change his diaper! :lmao: I love Tessa picking a fight with Ursula.

I can't believe how cold it got when you were there! Mean magnet lady! I love towel animals! We didn't get any this year, but had them every day last year! They are so much fun to come home to!

You and Tessa look so cute bundled up on EE! Luke enjoyed that ride. I usually am amused by the "snow" on the ride when it is really so hot outside, I guess it wasn't so amusing when you went! That Pocahontas looks like she really doesn't want to be there! I'm surprised Lilo and Stitch weren't freezing in their tropical attire :confused3 :lmao:

For some reason my computer is not showing me the photos in the Cam Minnie Mickey post! I'll have to check back later. I really want to see your Thumper ears! And the singing guy video! How cool would that be! My kids really wanted him to sing about them. I hate hearing my voice on videos! I also wonder why I just can't keep quiet!

Okay, now my computer is not showing me the photos in any of the posts. They were there a minute ago! I'll have to come back and finish reading later when my computer is more cooperative!
Yeah, it was kind of funny when the lightbulb went on over Tessa's head and she realized that Ursula could take her out!

You mean the snow on EE was fake? :scared1:

You MUST watch the singing video, it's GREAT! The next time you see "singing guy", ask him to sing a song about your kids. I never would have thought to just ask him!

1.Hey, where did you get Sawyer's cool looking lanyard?
2.Great picture of Bert! It's like he peaked around just to see you!
3.Do you have a picture of the bank?
4.If it is below freezing I stay INDOORS! If it even HINTS at being below freezing I stay indoors! So NO! Unless they moved Disney INDOORS, I agree, it was NOT better than home!
5.What was up with that family from the teacups and the parade??? I wonder if they were in the AK parade too.
6.I will never ever never forgive them for removing my favorite show, Tarzan to put in that lame-o Nemo show! :snooty: and, if you had ever seen it, you would feel the same! lol
7.I'm glad your rear end was still in face, there!
8.Was the big stinky plant gone?
9.Funny about the CM trying to act like she got a popular character! Maybe she was practicing for Cinderella, or maybe Stanley!!!
10.Dumb lady yelling at Tessa for the grass thing! Was it a CM?
11.It's not one of her better books, in my opinion. Even if she does mention Ponyboy in it.
12.Wolf man, flamingo man!! LOL! got me all giggling!
1. I got Sawyer's lanyard, with 2 pins attached to it from disneyshopping.com for $4! I bought 2 of them, but I wish I would have bought more, just for the pins!
2.Bert DID peek around just to see us!
3.Yep, I have a picture of the bank coming up in the next installment.
4. Thank you for backing me up on the cold weather not being better than home. I also don't have to pay so much money to stay home. So, I had a right to be disappointed!
5. I'm willing to bet that family WAS in the AK parade. They had a CM that brought just them in and sat them right up front in the Lion King show. It gets curiouser and curiouser!
6. I wish I would have seen the Tarzan show! I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame show and I LOVED it. You said the Tarzan one was even better!
7. Um...my rear end was NOT in my face! :snooty:
8. I don't recall seeing the big stinky plant! They probably moved it inside somewhere.
9. Practicing for Stanley!! :rotfl: You cracky me up!
10. Yes, it was a CM yelling at Tessa about the grass.
11. I agree, The Outsiders cannot be beat.
12. Do you think he was going to chew up the fish for the flamingos and feed it to the flamingo babies?

The Tessa and Sawyer song was so sweet. And Sawyer could not have been any cute hiding in his stroller.

I agree! It was such a special moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter