Leaving on Mon and wish I wasn't

magicgirl

Mouseketeer
We are flying out on Monday for 10 days in the most magical place on earth and I wish I wasn't going or at least for another week. I have a chest infection a head cold and a cough that has left my ribs aching. I have a 100 and 1 things left to do and all I want to do is to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle.

magicgirl said:
We are flying out on Monday for 10 days in the most magical place on earth and I wish I wasn't going or at least for another week. I have a chest infection a head cold and a cough that has left my ribs aching. I have a 100 and 1 things left to do and all I want to do is to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle.

i'm so sorry....i wish i knew of some good home remedies......
a guy i work with swears by onions cut up into honey....i haven't tried it...something like you let it sit and then drink the fluid that forms...sounds pretty awful, but he claims it's miraculous....
and he also swears by garlic....i've never tried that either....

:grouphug: Sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly!

I presume that you have a script from your GP for the chest infection! Hopefully the meds will kick in soon and you'll start feeling better! :goodvibes

catherine said:
:grouphug: Sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly!

I presume that you have a script from your GP for the chest infection! Hopefully the meds will kick in soon and you'll start feeling better! :goodvibes

Precisely my thoughts. If you have a chest infection then you need a script!

Am taking antibiotics, cough medicine, sprinkling olbas oil over my clothes and pillow and steaming my head with it. I am drinking warm water and lemon juice to stop my throut hurting and still feel foul.

Can you put your feet up over the weekend to try and give yourself a chance to get better?

I hope you start to improve very soon :)

How awful, hope you're feeling better soon :wizard:

:grouphug: Hope you feel better soon. Put your feet up. Sending :wizard: for luck

:grouphug: It's such a shame that you're feeling so rotten :hug: Go and sit down and have a rest! I'm sure there's nothing that wont wait a couple of days :) It sounds like you are doing everything you should be doing, EXCEPT chilling out and relaxing!

Love Audrey ::MinnieMo

Gosh! I can really empathise with you as I have the same symptoms, I have been in bed most of the week.

The cough is dreadful along with the sore ribs.

Hi, i can sympathise, since having a severe chest infection a few years ago a suffer from these frequently each year. Please go to a health shop ang get yourself some ivy thyme complex and echinacea (preferbly bioforce).I always take echinacea for a week leading up to a trip anyway.Take this 3 times a day and it will really help.Have a brilliant holiday :cool1:

Hi, poor you!

I had lunch with some girlfriends today and they were saying how good echinacea is and how effective. It could help - why not give it a shot?

Get well soon and have a great trip!

Hiya

I am sorry to hear your feeling so low.

What has your GP prescribed? Amoxcillin? I find they are rubbish to be honest, it never works for me. I went back to my GP prior to my holiday and explained how poorly I felt and I was going away. He then prescribed

Steriods to open up the airways prednisone

Anitibiotics Ciprofloxacin

He said they were expensive drugs and GP tend to give amox out first.

If your GP is closed tomorrow. Make a phone call to the NHS direct and ask to make an appt with a locum doctor and they will tell where to go.

I think its worth it just incase the others are not doing anything. Especially in this cold. You should find Florida will help you.

Hope you feel better

Rosie said:
Hi, poor you!

I had lunch with some girlfriends today and they were saying how good echinacea is and how effective. It could help - why not give it a shot?

Get well soon and have a great trip!

Hi

Yep echinacea is good. My patients tell me they swear by it.

Thank you for all your nice comments. I still feel dreadfull but am slightly better today and managed to do about everything I needed to. Unfortunately I was unable to stay in bed becouse we have ponies and I had to sort everything out for when we are away. I have 2 friends house, dog and horse sitting and my daughter and her husband are going to keep an eye on things. At least I don't have to worry about the housework becouse the lady staying does it from top to bottom. I may never find things again but it is lovely to come home to a clean house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!