Leaving in 3 weeks- Stay At the Dolphin for the First time- Need HElP!!

DonaldsGrl103

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone we are getting really excited as we will be checking in at the dolphin in 3 weeks. We are starwood preferred plus members due to our AAA membership and was wondering when we should go to the swan/dolphin website and put it in our requests?? Any help is appreciated We are booked in a standard view room but it says usually your are upgraded and thats what the cm told me over the phone also! THANKS and any tips about the dolphin would be appreciated

We were upgraded on the SPG site form standard to lakeview with a balcony 3 or 4 days before we left.. I just kept checking the site and one day the upgrade was there!

I would e mail them with your requests worded nicely. I would also check starwoods website the day you go for your time period to see what category of rooms are open. ie put your dates in as if you were booking. If you see balcony rooms come up as open and that's what you want, then at check in you might mention that you saw availability on their website and you wondered if you could be comp'd up to a balcony room.

Worked for us in May. Booked 147 a night AP rate which included one upgrade to lake view. Noticed when checking ressie on their website one day that we went from lake to resort view. Then at check in asked about a balcony that I know was available and got it. Probably the best free upgrade I've ever rec'd in my Disney travels. We had view of the hole pool complex and MGM..Room 7199.

Good luck and have a ton of fun!

Sharon

Originally posted by sarahsmom73
We were upgraded on the SPG site form standard to lakeview with a balcony 3 or 4 days before we left.. I just kept checking the site and one day the upgrade was there!
We'll be there in 3 weeks and are hoping for the same luck! We're SPG gold and I requested a balcony room if possible. via the swan/dolphin website.
:D

We will be at the Dolphin at the end of this week!! Can hardly wait! The rooms with the balcony are awesome. Good luck and enjoy your trip!:cool:

We too will be arriving at the Dolphin in three weeks. We will request a balcony room upon check in but am more concerned that we get a renovated room with those heavenly beds. We spend virtually no time in the room so we are less concerned with the view and more concerned with comfort and a quiet location. Can you feel the magic yet? LOL. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter