Leaving for Alaska and bummed about weather

The Alaska weather, 60s and showers is still better than most of the rest of the country in the Summer, 80s-90s and very humid. I don't think I could last more than a few days in Florida with that humidity.

The Alaska weather, 60s and showers is still better than most of the rest of the country in the Summer, 80s-90s and very humid. I don't think I could last more than a few days in Florida with that humidity.

Definitely. Alaska's summers are sooo much better than Florida's.

When we were in Ketchikan the end of May we got a few sprinkles, more of a light mist, not even worth opening an umbrella for, and we overheard another tourist whining about the lousy weather. :sad2: We don't get much rain around here, so we enjoy it whenever and wherever we can get it.

We had rain/drizzle almost everyday on our HAL cruise. It did not spoil the cruise at all. Just pack for it and go have fun!

We had such low cloud coverage in Juneau on our July 8th sailing , that our dog sledding got cancelled. We booked in port a whale watching and glacier tour. We were soooo bummed. Had it planned and booked since January!!! Oh we'll, what could we do?

Funny thing is the forecast before leaving Vancouver , was sunshine! I want to know where that went!

Skagway we has light misting rain as we went up into the Yukon. It was still great taking.

Ketchikan was cloudy but ended up misting rain by afternoon. We did misty fjords and it was breath taking as well.

Tracy arm was clear and so was all out other sea days. So , I can't complain.

I just say we will just have to return to do our dog sledding glacier tour!

As a side note, I was pleasantly surprised to see in Juneau upon our exiting the ship, DCL provided rain ponchos for no additional charge. However they were not offering them in port on other days. I came prepared with hats, gloves, ponchos, rain boots, you name it, I had it. And it may not have been raining when I left the ship or cold, but it was nice to have it when and if I needed it.

Our Tracy arm day started out blustery but by mid afternoon we were down to shirts and jeans! Definitely, layer, layers, layers is key in all ports!

Even in Juneau on our not so happy day. We decided to skip the dining room and eat dinner in beach blanket for the great views! Cloudy and all it was simply amazing!

Have a wonderful cruise. I wish I was going again!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who responded!!!!! You guys are so great! I really feel much better. I'm excited to get out there now and go. One of my chief worries about the weather was in Juneau we're supposed to do a helicopter tour that lands on a glacier and I'm afraid it will be cancelled due to the weather. In Ketchikan we're doing a float plane trip with Michelle at Island Wings - same concern about the weather cancelling it. Either way we're prepared though. I bought ponchos for the whole family but I also have sunscreen. And of course, bug spray. Gotta repel those nasty mosquitoes. My poor son gets eaten alive. He's like the Palo of the bug world :rotfl2: So if the excursions do get cancelled then we'll be fine and we'll just do something else.

Thanks EeyoreIsMyName. I'm counting on you. And thanks again to everyone for cheering me up.

That's funny, because I'll be on this cruise too and I'm so anxious about what to pack! And about my Juneau excursion to be cancelled as we took the dog sledding on Mendenhall Glacier!

I hope we will have a great weather on this fanastic cruise!:yay:

That's funny, because I'll be on this cruise too and I'm so anxious about what to pack! And about my Juneau excursion to be cancelled as we took the dog sledding on Mendenhall Glacier!

I hope we will have a great weather on this fanastic cruise!:yay:

Woohoo Tiggrou - Only 4 days to go! It's going to be an awesome trip. Keep positive thoughts that our helicopter tours won't get cancelled. By the way, you're lucky you got the dog sledding on Mendenhall Glacier excursion. It was sold out when I tried to book it. See you in Vancouver.

Thanks again to everyone!

Went 8/16/13 Alaskan on DCL and we had rain every port....we still had a fabulous time. We just packed accordingly and went out and did our excursions in the rain.

MJ
Wow! You already took this cruise, MJ? ;) Time Traveler!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter