Leaving DLR on a weekday - traffic question

specialks

Quickly becoming a Disney addict!
We are hoping to hit the parks for a last little bit on Wednesday morning, then heading out to Camarillo (for a family visit). What would be the best time to leave Anaheim and drive to Camarillo?

To avoid rush hour 10am is good. There is carpool lanes up the I-5 to get you going so 9:30 or 9:45 can work too.

I probably wouldn't leave any later than 2pm to avoid the traffic of people going home from work. 3 pm might be okay too but the traffic will start to be heavier by that time.

Thanks you guys. I think 10 will be too soon to leave, so looks like we'll aim for heading out by/before 2 pm. We normally fly into SNA, so this driving in & out is a new thing for us. We start out on Wed and plan on visiting the redwoods on our way down. Can't wait!!

I usually leave no later than 3pm on any day except Sunday or no earlier than 7pm. It seems that you wait in traffic anytime inbetween and this is going in any direction. Disneyland is in the heart of traffic hell.. good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter