Leaving 5/27 - anyone received tags yet?

I got e-ticket receipts from Disney Travel. I was able to choose my seats with WDtravel over the phone. The trip also shows up under my itinerary at my airline's site.

The Disney Magical Express booklet has you DME luggage tickets in it. Mine arrived via fedex today for a 5/27 trip. The bright yellow ME luggage tags are more peel off labels than tags.

We booked through American Airlines Vacation and got a letter with our park/resort tickets that we would not be getting the ME tags. Do you think we should call ME and ask if everyone else seems to be getting them why shouldn't we, or not worry about it at all?
We are leaving 5-26???
Please help!!!!
:confused3
::MickeyMo

We're leaving on 5/27 as well and still have not seen anything on DME at my door yet. I even opened my front door that we never use, just to double check if an envelope was left for us and, nope, nothing. I called awhile back to double check and yes we were in the system. I'm trying to be patient as well. Maybe it will arrive later today, and if not, hopefully by this Friday.

We're leaving on the 20th - in two days - and no tags for us yet. I'm not too hopeful. Even if my TA does get them today or tomororow that won't leave enought time for her to send them to me.

It's a bit discouraging to read that some people who aren't leaving for at least another week have their tags :sad1: although I'm happy for you of course! ;) In what order do they send out the tags? I booked back in March.

But I've checked with ME, and they do have all of our flight details so we shouldn't have any problems....

CBear said:
We're leaving on the 20th - in two days - and no tags for us yet. I'm not too hopeful. Even if my TA does get them today or tomororow that won't leave enought time for her to send them to me.

It's a bit discouraging to read that some people who aren't leaving for at least another week have their tags :sad1: although I'm happy for you of course! ;) In what order do they send out the tags? I booked back in March.

But I've checked with ME, and they do have all of our flight details so we shouldn't have any problems....

We are leaving the 21st (and also booked in March) and haven't recieved anything. It is discouraging to hear that some scheduled to leave after us have recieved their tags.

But I guess I'll just have to have some faith that the Disney people at the airport are prepared for this eventuality. Still, I'd prefer to get those tags. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll be there tonight when I go home. Thinking seriously about making my own if they don't arrive.

astrobooze, I'm pretty upset as well, we leave on May 22 and no TAGS. A friend just got back on Sunday who booked 2 months after we did, got their ME packet, coupons for their pins and said the system worked great for them. They book with a TA. I wonder if there is any connection? I just can't imagine why some people get theirs and other not. I made sure all of our information was in the system and booked well in advance for all the good it did me.

Sandy

sixcats said:
I got e-ticket receipts from Disney Travel. I was able to choose my seats with WDtravel over the phone. The trip also shows up under my itinerary at my airline's site.

The Disney Magical Express booklet has you DME luggage tickets in it. Mine arrived via fedex today for a 5/27 trip. The bright yellow ME luggage tags are more peel off labels than tags.

Can you please explain more about the tickets? When were you able to choose- like how close to the date of your trip were you able to call WDtravel and get to choose your seats?
Also how is your itinerary on the airlines site if you booked through disney?

Thanks!

I think sixcats is talking about selecting their plane seats. I know with Air Trans, 24 hrs prior to departures you can go online with your airline confirmation # and choose your plane seats.

Sandy

TwirlerGirl said:
astrobooze, I'm pretty upset as well, we leave on May 22 and no TAGS. A friend just got back on Sunday who booked 2 months after we did, got their ME packet, coupons for their pins and said the system worked great for them. They book with a TA. I wonder if there is any connection? I just can't imagine why some people get theirs and other not. I made sure all of our information was in the system and booked well in advance for all the good it did me.

Sandy

Well we booked through the WDW website....airfare and everything. I thought that would eliminate any problems, if I went exclusively through them.

Guess I thought wrong.

We called ME this evening and they confirmed all of our info and told us to make our own tags if we don't get theirs. We're to put our name, our home address, "Magical Express" and the hotel we're staying at. They assured us they'd take care of the rest when we got there. Guess we'll see.

Hope you have a nice trip and that ME works out for ya.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
Can you please explain more about the tickets? When were you able to choose- like how close to the date of your trip were you able to call WDtravel and get to choose your seats?
Also how is your itinerary on the airlines site if you booked through disney?

Thanks!

I chose my seats when I booked the flight in April for a May 27th trip. I needed to coordinate seats with my husband's flight that I booked myself. There was an error and they were able to change the seats also. It was booked with Delta-Song.
I booked a trip through a travel agent for Jamaica also that shows on Delta's site under "my itinerary". Maybe because I'm a skymiles member? I selected seats for that trip also through the agent at time of booking which was many months ago.

I'd call WDtravel and ask for seat assignments.

Leaving May 26th, received tags and info this morning. My flight information was missing for both arrival and departure so I called the DME toll free number and gave them the info. I received an information booklet which contained two luggage tags/stickers for each of us and vouchers for our return trip. There was also a coupon included that can be redeemed for a pin trading lanyard and pin at any of the resort hotels.

leaving May 25 and no tags, yet! Called WDW and they say we're in the system, they have our flight info, and they say our tags will get here, so I'm trying to have faith that it will all turn out all right but....

took

jiminy14 said:
Leaving May 26th, received tags and info this morning. My flight information was missing for both arrival and departure so I called the DME toll free number and gave them the info. I received an information booklet which contained two luggage tags/stickers for each of us and vouchers for our return trip. There was also a coupon included that can be redeemed for a pin trading lanyard and pin at any of the resort hotels.

Did you book thru a TA? I'm wondering if the coupon is for everyone using DME or just those that used a certain TA.

Leaving the 26th, got my tags yesterday. The packet included 8 bag tags, vouchers for return transportation, and a coupon for free pin and lanyard.

The tags did not have our flight info on them, but we are flying Southwest, so I'm not worried about it!

One more week! I can hardly wait!!!

--dizneyfan

Leaving the 26th, got ME envelope the 18th. Yippee, now we are really doing the singe-digit dance.
Even my DH got a suitcase out last night to begin packing. He never packs early.

Well, I've got 9 days to go and still no ME luggage tags yet. Can someone please post the telephone number for ME so I can call and check that I'm still in the system? How late in the day does FedEx deliver?

barbnbrian said:
Well, I've got 9 days to go and still no ME luggage tags yet. Can someone please post the telephone number for ME so I can call and check that I'm still in the system? How late in the day does FedEx deliver?

Magical Express Hotline
1-866-599-0951

I am leaving Saturday (May 21st) and haven't gotten any tags...so...here's hoping you have better luck than we're having.

Whoo hoo! Just got my tags! :cool1:

Only thing is, WE JUST GOT BACK. They mailed them on the 9th; we left on the 8th.

Hey DME: This is NOT a situation of "better late than never."

Thanks for the phone number. I called and they confirmed I am in the system and told me I should still receive my luggage tags before my departure date. I asked if I needed to be home to sign for them or would they leave the envelope if no one was home and they told me that I would need to sign for the envelope! I don't believe that is the case as I've read of others finding their envelopes outside their door. Anyone who has received their tags have to sign for their package?

We leave the 21st and still haven't received ours even though I've been calling every few days since the 7th. I don't expect them to arrive by tomorrow either..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter