leave our back to back cruise or change to 7 night.....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nordway, Apr 20, 2013.

1. nordway

nordway Earning My Ears

Need help.... we rebooked prior to leaving the ship last week for a 4 night/3 night back to back cruise, next November 2014. Contemplating moving to Oct. 2014, should we leave as back to back cruise or change to 7 nighter. We don't really care about the port days, we would rather stay on the ship. I guess our main goal was to get 2 days at CC. Any suggestions????

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

If 2 days at CC is your goal then stick with B2B. Or find a "double-dip" itinerary.

You'll likely get suggestions here to go for the 7-night (which is what I prefer) because of the ports. That's great for those that like the developed ports. If developed ports aren't of interest to you though it really doesn't matter.

4. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

If you don't care about the port days I would pick the 7 night for these reasons:

Fantasy vs Dream - I much prefer the Fantasy's theming, adult area layout.

Meals - No menu repeats, and I like the variety!

People - The overall feeling is much less rushed on a 7 vs a 4 night cruise. You see many fewer people "pushing to get it all done".

Transition - You don't "lose" time in a 7 night like you do transitioning from the 4 to a 3 on a b2b.

If a second day at Castaway is more valuable to you than all of the above, choose the b2b.

Good luck!

5. delo4

delo4 Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>I am not a fancy f

We've done both and my vote is for the 7 day. So much more relaxing. We prefer the Fantasy to the Dream as well.

6. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

7. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Just bear in mind that by going on a B2B, many things on the cruise will be repeated - such as the shows, activities, and menus.

Woody

8. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Although the repeats might be a good thing because then the OP can choose to see a show once and then go to the movies or clubs or something else the second time.

9. mdurette

mdurette DIS Veteran

The Dream has a 4 night in Nov 2014 with 2 CC days. It is in Mid Nov.
    If you b2b with that one - you will have 3 CC days!

I think I would also like having the repeat of the shows. There were many nights on the 7 night I had to make the choice....go to the main show, take family pics, do the aquaduck, etc. I think having the repeat would be great. No need to worry about missing something - you just catch it a few days later.

10. Im_A_Princess

Im_A_Princess PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Personally, I would book the 7 night because you will lose a big part of the day upon boarding for the 2nd part of your cruise. :)
    7 days is MUCH more relaxing