Least slamming doors resort?

I think it all depends on the particular guests that are in your resort when you are, regardless of the type of resort. If people are slamming doors you will hear it anywhere. Try wearing earplugs or maybe you will get lucky on this trip and NO slamming doors will occur.

You are going to hear just about every single resort mentioned.

I've stayed at every level of resort at Disney (and almost every single resort itself) and I've experienced slamming doors at every single one of them. It's not the resort, it's your neighbors. Resort room doors automatically slam shut. Most people will let them just close on their own (hence, the "slamming door"). At 2:00 AM, this sound will be amplified counterfeitly because everything else is so quiet. The same door could slam at 8:00 PM when you are watching TV but it won't bother you because you have a noise going on. But if you are reading a book in the silent room, it'll sound louder. And if you are sleeping, it's going to sound even louder. That is where the saying "sound travels faster at night" comes from. It doesn't. It just seems like it does.

Ask for a corner room where you only have one neighbor. That might help. But you can't control who your neighbors are. It sounds like you had someone who enjoyed staying out late and didn't take the time to quietly close the room door.

Worst door slammer we ever had was at the Yacht Club. The family would start to go out for breakfast at 7:00 AM (one slam). But someone would forget something and have to come back (one slam) and then leave again (one slam). Then someone would come back again (one slam) and then leave again (one slam). All the while talking right outside our room.

At Pop Century a few weeks ago, no door slams at all.

So it doesn't go by the amount of money you pay for a room.

I have stayed at POR, CSR and CBR and all three were very quiet. We've been on both the first and second floors and never hear a soul. We always feel like we're the only ones staying there. The moderates are peaceful and serene for a decent price :thumbsup2

You are going to hear just about every single resort mentioned.

I've stayed at every level of resort at Disney (and almost every single resort itself) and I've experienced slamming doors at every single one of them. It's not the resort, it's your neighbors. Resort room doors automatically slam shut. Most people will let them just close on their own (hence, the "slamming door"). At 2:00 AM, this sound will be amplified counterfeitly because everything else is so quiet. The same door could slam at 8:00 PM when you are watching TV but it won't bother you because you have a noise going on. But if you are reading a book in the silent room, it'll sound louder. And if you are sleeping, it's going to sound even louder. That is where the saying "sound travels faster at night" comes from. It doesn't. It just seems like it does.

Ask for a corner room where you only have one neighbor. That might help. But you can't control who your neighbors are. It sounds like you had someone who enjoyed staying out late and didn't take the time to quietly close the room door.

Worst door slammer we ever had was at the Yacht Club. The family would start to go out for breakfast at 7:00 AM (one slam). But someone would forget something and have to come back (one slam) and then leave again (one slam). Then someone would come back again (one slam) and then leave again (one slam). All the while talking right outside our room.

At Pop Century a few weeks ago, no door slams at all.

So it doesn't go by the amount of money you pay for a room.

This post is dead on. It is really more about your neighbors than anything else.

The quietest resorts we've ever stayed at was AS Sports and POFQ. The loudest we've ever stayed at was AKL and CBR. Like a previous poster says, it will just depend on your neighbors for that week.

We could have sworn we were the only ones staying in our building at POFQ. So quiet! We finally met our neighbors on the morning we were checking out.

We never saw our neighbors the 5 days wer were at the Pop, top floor. I we hardly saw anyone else in the elevator but it never failed. As soon as about 11 or midnight hit, those doors would slam and slam and slam. Don't people realize that it's disturbing to other guests? One night we even heard a bunch of kids playing soccer in the common area and it was after 2 in the morning. I would have yelled something down to them, put they were'nt speaking english. I wondered where their parents were, because they were no adults in sight and the boys couldn't been over 9 or 10 years. We've rented houses in Kissimmee and had our trailer at Fort Wilderness, but nothing beats actually staying in a WDW resort.You'd think, they can imagine all those neats rides but can't figure out how to keep doors from slamming so loud. it's probably because no one important enough has stayed in the Pop.

Just last night, we were at POP Century. My husband and I agree that it is one of the loudest resorts we have ever stayed at. All-stars was much quieter. At midnight, Mousekeeping started cleaning the room next door. It was so loud with many, many door slams. Then the housekeeper called her supervisor to check the room (yes, I could hear every word that was said in that room). I was very patient and figured the room cleaning would soon be over.......guess what? The incoming family checked in around 2:45 am. It made for a sleepless night and a long flight home for me.

Quietest room I have found was at Coronado Springs--very spread out and quiet. Even better, Disney cruise--only heard the hum of the ship

I agree it all depends on who is around you. We returned a couple of weeks ago from 10 nights at Pop and only once did we even hear any noise while we were in our room. Even the people in the pool at night were pretty quiet.

Just don't stay at a value during Pop Warner week... They were up until all hours... you not only heard the doors, but the toilets as well...

It really does depend on who is staying near you... the first time at ASMu was very quiet... the next time it was very loud, with doors being slammed, and Luckily, I am a deep sleeper...

POFQ was very quiet last September. Not a peep heard. Or wait, was it because I was so exhausted by the end of the day that I didn't hear anything?:rotfl2:

Another vote for ear plugs, fan from home, and the Ft. Wilderness cabins!

The cabins are far enough apart that you will not hear noise from the other neighbors. And they are very nice. Check out the photos in my trip report link in my signature.

As others have said, at any other resort, you are at the mercy of your neighbors. But at the cabins, your neighbors are quite far away.

We did not see or hear our neighbors on our last 2 trips at POR and POFQ. Of course, we travel with a white noise machine. It's much smaller than a fan and you can tuck it in the corner of your suitcase.

I have to agree that POP is probably the most "door slamming" resort that I have ever stayed at. I have never had a problem with any of the Moderate or Deluxe resorts.

EVERY time I stay at Pop Century this happens. Pop Century, although I love it for a cheap room, is the worst resort for noisy neighbors I've ever seen. And it's not the nighttime, it's the morning (I don't get up early). There's always a neighbor who positions the security latch to hold the door open and in and out they go for the better part of an hour, bang bang bang bang bang. Would it be so difficult to wrap a washcloth around the latch before you set the door up like this?

Saratoga Springs was reasonably quiet. There was a little door slamming in the morning. Never noticed any at 2 AM. Of course now that there is nowhere to go until 2 AM you might find it better. There aren't a lot of check-ins at 2 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter