least crowded time on last day of f&wf?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tadcd, Oct 30, 2011.

1. tadcd

tadcd Earning My Ears

The last day of the Food and wine festival is our first day at Disney, Nov 13th. It is a Sunday. Will noon be super crowded or should we wait for later in the afternoon? Do you think it will be horrible all day? Please help, as we are bringing our 13 month old and will avoid based on your suggestions. Thanks so much, Teresa. :sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

The least crowded time will be as the booths open at 11am and after that they will continue to get more crwoded as the day goes on. I would eat a very light breakfast and plan to be in line at a booth as the booths open and quickly go from booth to booth getting what you most want so that by the time the lines become 15-30 minutes you will have your most important items done.

4. Havana

Havana DIS Veteran

Agree, be at the world showcase at 11am and you should be able to get a head start on the crowds.

5. NeverlandClub23

NeverlandClub23 DIS Veteran

We went to the F&WF on the last day in November 2008. We got to the World Showcase area about 11:30 and it was dead. It picked up over the next couple of hours, but the lines for the most popular booths were only 10-15 minutes. Most had no lines at all. I went for the first weekend of F&WF last year and it was quite a different experience :scared1:.

6. allymouse

allymouse Mouseketeer

And I am just going to embrace the nuttiness and enjoy the last day of my vacation! Hope to make it for rope drop (but MK is open til 3AM the previous night, so who knows!) and do Future World early.

I hope you enjoy yourself!

7. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

I just answered this on the F&WF thread. Basically I would get there as early as you can. Take a break later in the day(when your room is ready) and then head back out in the evening.

8. Otter49

Otter49 DIS Veteran

As a local, I can testify that by the last day, most of us have had all the F&W we want for the year and won't be there.

Crowds shouldn't be particularly daunting.

9. NeverlandClub23

NeverlandClub23 DIS Veteran

That was our experience. Also, I noticed that most of the classes/special events/special guests had ended by that weekend (I think there were a few on that Saturday, but nothing like the jam packed schedules of the other F&WF weekends). We were only there to get to sample the food and it took us hardly anytime at all to make our way around World Showcase.

10. ppony

ppony Artist in residence DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We arrived there last year on that day and we wanted to go but every site warned in bold and red text against it unless you LOVE LOVE LOVE crowds. It's reputedly to be one of the worst days of the festival accoridng to planning sites. So, we didn't go. :( We're planning a trip specifically for it and MNSSHP in Oct. next year.

11. deej696

deej696 They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime,

Another local here, and I'm making my last trip down this weekend. I find the weekends to be croweded all the time during F&W, whether its the first weekend, in the middle, or the last. Just go early and enjoy the weather and atmosphere...