Least Busy Summer Week?

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Would you folks say the least busy summer weeks would be end of August?
Would appreciate your thoughts on the week to possibly head to Orlando this summer :)

Generally, yes. Usually early June (before most schools get out for the summer) and late August (when some schools are already back in session) are lighter crowds. However, free dining is usually offered at the end of the summer and that can affect the crowds.

We bounce back and forth between last week of April and last week of August and we do find that the crowds are better that last week of August. It's just incredibly hot but it's manageable.

I would take the oppressive heat of August and very short lines over perfect weather and huge crowds any day.

I take my kids the last two weeks leading up to Labor Day as I find that it's pretty decent crowd wise as the southern states are already back in school and even a lot of northern states now go back to school in August. I'm lucky because my town still starts the Wednesday after Labor Day so we are looking at Aug 22-Sept 4.

We have been going the last week of May for years, and the crowds seem to be growing larger and larger... I'd go end of August. My kids start school the first week of August, so it's probably many schools across the country are also already in session.

Another vote for late August, Florida Schools go back a little earlier than most so when we went last year towards the end of August it coincided with the first week of school. This isn't going to affect lots of travelers coming from beyond Florida, but it will mean that many of the local AP holders will not be there during the day. I've been at all times of the year and our favorite is always September! The place is so quiet its awesome! The downside is that you have to take time off work and kids out of school, so not ideal. But its the best value in my view based upon price as well as ride availability etc...

Crowds are lower at then end of August, but after our last August trip I said, "Never again." The heat is horrible. I'd rather plan my day around crowds than deal with the surface of the sun heat.

My birthday is 8/27 and DD1 is 9/4 (and DH is 7/3) so we've gone at the last week of August before and likely will again, and again (we are going in mid-late August this year). The heat does kind of suck, but we have little kids so we are usually up by 6 or 6:30, then we take an afternoon break, and then go back out around dinner time. To us, the lower crowds are worth it, and there are usually a couple days with afternoon thunderstorms anyway, which cools things down.

Another vote for late August, Florida Schools go back a little earlier than most so when we went last year towards the end of August it coincided with the first week of school. This isn't going to affect lots of travelers coming from beyond Florida, but it will mean that many of the local AP holders will not be there during the day. I've been at all times of the year and our favorite is always September! The place is so quiet its awesome! The downside is that you have to take time off work and kids out of school, so not ideal. But its the best value in my view based upon price as well as ride availability etc...

A FL resident told us that September is the best time too. Now that our older kid is in school, though, we'll have to wait for the Jewish holidays to cover a long weekend in September. But we are looking forward to a trip when it does!

I take my kids the last two weeks leading up to Labor Day as I find that it's pretty decent crowd wise as the southern states are already back in school and even a lot of northern states now go back to school in August. I'm lucky because my town still starts the Wednesday after Labor Day so we are looking at Aug 22-Sept 4.

We start after Labor Day too, but HS sports start in August so that keeps people away too :)

The only downside to September is the weather! Outrageous at times, but its Florida... so when isn't it?! lol

Also, make sure you take a peak at the ride closures that are scheduled, we had to change our plans due to 'It's a Small World' being closed for a month, its my son's favorite ride and it would've ruined the trip, so we adjusted to the week before it closed.

We went the last week in August last year. Even though the crowds were decent, the weather was brutal. Wouldn't go there again at that time. Wasn't fun stepping out of the hotel in the AM and immediately feeling like you needed to run back in to take a shower because of all the sweat.

Probably gonna get flamed for this but recently we have found the end of July not be too bad, certainly during the week. Weekends are busy for sure. I feel like there has been so much made about not going in the summer because of crowds and the heat, that formally historical high times are beginning to slow down (Except the holidays). Even what use to be slow times (Fall, some winter months, etc) seem like they have gotten far busier do to boards like these and Disney marketing many offseason attractions such as the F&W and all the Run Disney events that they hold each year. Sometimes I feel like a good plan is better than the time of year you go (I always exclude the holidays in this thinking - just another animal altogether). Certainly there are a few times during the year that are much slower (September) but that is not always a reality for everyone to go.

In the summer we are usually at the campground and we found the week days to be almost a ghost town in there but come the weekend, many locals flow in and fill it back up. Same goes for the parks. We are there from early July until late August this year for an extended stay and I will be very curious to see if its still the case.

Last year - July 4th week b/c Disney staffed to the max and didn't get expected crowds...you are looking for those types of weeks - when crowds are expected to be off-the-charts (so Disney staffs and runs everything at max capacity), but don't materialize...

Last year - July 4th week b/c Disney staffed to the max and didn't get expected crowds...you are looking for those types of weeks - when crowds are expected to be off-the-charts (so Disney staffs and runs everything at max capacity), but don't materialize...

I remember reading that. I am hoping this is the case when we go in July/August 2019 for my 40th birthday trip! I would prefer not to deal with the extreme heat and humidity of the summer again (our first trip was an August trip); but it's manageable and I remember the crowds being pretty manageable too.

I would take the oppressive heat of August and very short lines over perfect weather and huge crowds any day.
This, exactly!

And to be honest with you, it was not as hot as I anticipated. I feel like the summers here in the Northeast are brutal, and the last week of August in FL was no worse.

My birthday is 8/27 and DD1 is 9/4 (and DH is 7/3) so we've gone at the last week of August before and likely will again, and again (we are going in mid-late August this year). The heat does kind of suck, but we have little kids so we are usually up by 6 or 6:30, then we take an afternoon break, and then go back out around dinner time. To us, the lower crowds are worth it, and there are usually a couple days with afternoon thunderstorms anyway, which cools things down.

Just to say you and I have the same birthday!! WooHoo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter