Leapin' Lizards! It's the ***All-New*** Concierge Lounge Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

storybookmum

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the ALL-NEW Concierge Lounge FAQ Thread!

lizardloungemarquee.gif

The link to our last thread, if you have a LOT of time to read, is here

Are you looking to be absolutely pampered by the decadent experience of WDW Concierge? Are you looking to make friends just as happy to kick back and enjoy the delicious offerings left throughout the day as you are? Are you ready to share more and learn more information than you thought anyone could possibly need to know? It's all about luxury and details here, friend.

So draw up a chair.....and dive in!

If you need to get your feet wet with the basics, click here for a little intro on what CL is all about.

Don't be shy....whether you're an experienced Concierge Lounge trip, or looking forward to your very first try at it, we have lots of things to share.

WELCOME!!!!

Morning Lizards!:wave:

Let's get this thread started.

I was able to call and book the Yellowstone Suite at WL for May 20-24 in case they have the Floriida Half Ironman again. There new lounge should be done by then. I was just going to book a concierge room but we'll need all the space we can get with 5 of us and the WL CL rooms aren't exactly made for 5 people.

So, BambiTamby, I can't wait to hear your opinion on the suite after you stay there next month. ::yes::

Any other lizards going to be at WDW next month?

Have a great day everyone. :sunny:

Yipee-looking good folks! Glad you found me-thanks storybookmum!

I'd like to respond to the last question if I might-You can see Illuminations off the balcony at the BWI-CL. It's right over the Eiffel Tower. I got some of my best firework shots from there. There are a few pauses in the action because you can only see the higher fireworks, not the lasers etc. They do not pipe in the music on the balcony but if it is a relatively quiet night you can hear it playing faintly in the background.
If you have the time, play a boardgame or two in the Bellevue lounge (or CL lounge). They had quite a few. In CL they had Scrabble and mousetrap (haven't played that in years).
Cirque is awesome-we've been three times and I still love it (the performers totally amaze me). If you go try to get seats in the middle sections, second level, first or second rows. You get a great view of everything going on-both above and below the stage area.

A new lounge :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
I'm still trying for CR 14th floor for 3/2-3/4 but no luck :mad: Booked Poly lagoon CL but I want to switch if available.

Originally posted by VAgal76
Hey, guys! Let's get the IPO e-mail addresses out here for folks so they can find it easier.
What do you think about putting all the e-mails and numbers on the main page for easy finding?

I agree! Let's gather all the IPO e-mail addresses, then post them on the first page. We should include the phone numbers too.

Much easier than having them spread through out the thread.

OK, so who will collect these and post them?

Do we know if it would OK with Disney and the DIS for us to post that information?

Good Morning! I am a mere 17 days away from my first CL stay at AKL and just a few more days from returning to Poly CL. I have stayed at AKL before and was totally charmed by the place, so I can hardly wait to experience its CL! The Poly is near and dear to my heart as well--I have so many happy memories from that resort. I remember discovering 'Ohana and eating there so many times after, I remember having breakfast at Kona Cafe with my parents the morning of my wedding and us crying as I gave them embroidered tissues as gifts, I remember having my rehearsal dinner at 'Ohana and thinking it was so wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends. I feel confident that the AKL will hold wonderful memories for my family as well. Just had to share my anticipation, LOL! :hyper:

Just curious if any of my fellow lounge lizards are also DVC members. If you are, do you stay concierge on your points or cash? We stayed AKL concierge on points on our last trip, and boy, did it cost us a ton of points. I am thinking that it is cheaper staying on cash, especially if you can get an AP discount. Just curious what your thoughts are.

PS. Great new lounge;)

First of all let me say....."HOW RUDE!".....*looking around...they even took the goodies off of the buffet* That I can fix! *putting out some Krispy Kremes, a fruit platter, fresh coffee and Earl Grey tea*...how dare they!

Onto Cirque...it is, by far, the most amazing show at WDW. If you have never been to a cirque you will be enthralled, truly fantastic....I just wonder how they do it!

I have been told that the Wilderness Lodge Concierge does not have a direct email, curious no? However I do have some which might help.

WL IPO: WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com
D.O. of Guest Services: Valerie.A.Charron@disney.com
Concierge Manager: Mark.Newman@disney.com

I'll ask, next week, if the concierge does have an email and if so get the addy...

GoofySuse - That looks like the WL Planning Office email, which is what most people would want.

Thanks

WOW!
This place looks great (except for the missing snacks:smooth: )
All the Lizards seem ready to roll:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I cannot tell you how wonderful AKL IPO is! Andrea and Don have helped me turn our December Disney vacation into a non-Lizard's "Trip of a Lifetime"princess: I plan on having many such trips of a lifetime;)

I have several surprises for DD, including Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, My Perfectly Princess Tea at the GF and lots more fun and festivity~We're also doing MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional! Being at WDW during Christmastime is going to be divine::yes::

VaGAL, your Concierge split sounds perfect to me:cool: Can't wait to hear all about it:teeth:

Let me add spiced pecans, cream cheese brownies and frothy cappuccinos to the sideboard:crazy:
:wave2:

akghutto,

Yes, we are DVC members but do not use our points to stay concierge. We did one time when we had a lot of points that had to be used in a short amount of time.

Usually, the cash price is much cheaper than using so many points. Plus, with all of the discount codes available the past few years, it just doesn't make sense to use points.

floridafam,
Thanks for the response. I doubt that we'd ever stay concierge on points again, unless, as you stated, we had extra points to use before the end of the use year. We loved AKL concierge, so I will have to keep my eyes out for some great discounts for this August, as I would really like to add on a couple of nights at AKL to our existing BWV vacation.
:sunny:

I wanted to make sure I add my name to the new home--wouldn't want to miss any great information.

As my fellow LLs know--my family is quite partial to Polynesian Resort CL service. We've also experienced YC/BC, BWI, AKL, and GF and stayed at POR, CBR, ASMu (just DH and DS--on a band trip). We've visited all of the resorts and are still in :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc with Polynesian--it's our home while visiting WDW. . .not that the others weren't great too--it's just our favorite.

I'm adding some sushi (Chef Dick makes the best) for afternoon offerings and putting out some pineapple bread, too! Two of my personal favorites from the lounge!

NICE LL!!!::yes:: ::yes::

I am SOOOO looking forward to this trip in 17 days!
I received the itinerary from AKL IPO today. Everything is in place except I keep thinking if it is available I would like to do the Sunset Safari (no kids) yes! We are already doing the sunrise safari, would that be overkill on the safaries?

Well have a great afternoon!:wave2: :wave2:

IPO was able to book the Illuminations cruise for our group for Dec. 6.

How do you go about paying for the cruise? Do you pay the captain directly? Are you suppose to tip the captain? If so how much do you normally tip?

Can you bring snacks or drinks from the concierge lounge on board?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, but I figured if any one would know the answers, you LL's would.

desiab,

We took an Illuminations cruise last year that the YC IPO booked for us.

We paid the driver directly. We also tipped. I think we tipped at least $20.

We were told we could have brought our own snacks, etc. on board. I should have ordered something through the YC. I think next time, I will arrange for some tuxedo strawberries and something to drink.

We had a wonderful captain. She was a NICU nurse and she was very pleasantt and easy going. We had some nice conversation and she made my children feel very welcome.

Enjoy!

I'm adding some sushi (Chef Dick makes the best)
Had to give you a heads up, Tess - Chef Dick's Sunday-Tuesday counterpart, Jose, is worthy competition. He made awesome sushi when we were there, accompanied by two seaweed salads of his own creation. Yum!

I'm liking this new lounge! Having all the contact info in one place is a great idea.

nrsldy not having stayed at AKL (yet!) we haven't done either safari, but from prior posts it sounded like they were very different from each other, with the sunset safari being much more intimate.

cajunfan - got your pm; will pm you soon. Gotta get home and get dinner going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!