Le Gallion Beach

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Anyone been to Le Gallion in St Maarten with kids? I've heard the water us calm but is it too boring (I.e. Small light waves are fun....otherwise its like a big pool).

How are the facilities?

Been up the road to Orient bay, which was calm gently shelving, nice waves and good facilities, but not there.

I've stayed on St Maarten for a week (not a cruise, and before kid) and Le Galion beach does have calmer waves very enjoyable for younger kids or adults who are not confident swimmers. Orient Bay is bigger and more beautiful, but has deeper water and much stronger wind/waves (good for certain water sports, not so good for floating around and relaxing in water). I would in any case NOT recommend taking DCL's bus excursion to Orient Bay - I made that mistake thinking I'd have more peace of mind knowing we'll get back to the ship in time, but the bus tour people (for the "afternoon beach bash" at least) were extremely disorganized, didn't even take off until an hour after meet up time, and the area of beach they took us to had chairs practically stacked one on top of the other - super crowded leaving only a thin strip of sand between chairs and the ocean.

Le Galion beach is also very close to the Butterfly Farm (just up the road). If you're going to have your own transportation, I'd recommend visiting there on the way to Le Galion.

Last edited:
I've been there and thought it was beautiful. It is more calm but very kid friendly. Nice beach bar with yummy food and adequate bathrooms too. I would go back anytime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter