Le Cellier

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Foxxie52, Jan 12, 2013.

1. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

Sorry to call you out, but based on your older posts, you only gave up on it during the 2 dining entitlement change. You used to eat there all the time and you used to recommend it to everyone.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

Me??? :confused3

Did you mean to quote me??? :confused3

We DID used to eat there all the time - twice per trip and LOVED it. BUT our last trip LONG before it became Signature we gave up our second ADR to wait stand-by for a table at Teppan Edo. I don't think I ever put it down. :confused3 We just found places we like better. I still stand by what I said... NO WAY I would use TWO dining credits there. Actually, my family wouldn't go for one credit anymore - but, only because we like other places MORE, not because we like Le Cellier LESS. So, I'm confused as to why I'm being "called out". :confused3

4. cdnmickeyfan5324

cdnmickeyfan5324 Earning My Ears

Le Cellier is an amazing restaurant with great food!!! I've was so pleased with the meal after having eaten at other Disney restaurants that were over priced for awful food!! Can't go wrong with Le Cellier!!

5. julie4423

julie4423 Mouseketeer

I loved the food here. One of our favorites. I was so sad to see it change to 2 credits though. I will still go here, but I will pay OOP. Just financially speaking it isn't worth 2 TS credits.

6. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Because unfortunately I travel with people who LIKE it..I like the soup and the pretzel bread

7. rquebral

rquebral Earning My Ears

I just made the pretzel bread and soup tonight for dinner. When I am feeling mouse sick, I like to make some of the recipes to bring some magic home. I agree that I would also pay oop rather than use 2 dining credits. Although I think our next few trips will be dining planless. I have a 10 year old that I refuse to pay adult prices for, there is no way I am paying 55 dollars a night for mac and cheese and pizza.

8. rquebral

rquebral Earning My Ears

I do love the filet Mignon with mushroom risotto!!! Maybe I should try making that at home too. I do love Le Cellier and we have gone there on every trip...all 9 in the last 6 years. We have only had one bad experience out of 9.

9. hooch11bear

hooch11bear Mouseketeer

We absolutely love Le Cellier!!!! In fact, we are really looking forward to eating there again this year. I think we are going to be going there twice. You are going to find people who love it and some that don't. That is how it will be for every restaurant on the property.

10. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

I will admit that I liked it before it was 2 credits. I liked it before the DDP, the most, though. After the dining plan, it did make it much more difficult to get reservations and I just didn't want to have to deal with that hassle. This past trip, I wasn't blown away with my pork chop or my dad's steak. Both were good, please don't get me wrong. My husband did really enjoy his burger. The soup and pretzel bread is as good as ever as is the maple creme brule. However, as good as those all are, I can't really justify the price for them or paying 2 TS credits. I find other signature dining to be just as good at making a steak and many have an atmosphere that more appeals to me. Luckily for me, I can get a cheddar cheese beer soup that is darn close to Le Cellier at Biergarten and it is all I can eat. It also comes with all the pretzel bread I care to have with it.

Basically, all I am saying is that Le Cellier is a good restaurant; however, it is my opinion that it is not as good as the price would suggest. If they lowered the price, or if it went back to one credit and we had the dining plan, we would put it on our list of possible restaurants. It would not be one of our Must Dos, but it would be on a short list of ones we strongly considered (the fact that it is in Epcot where we have multiple restaurants that we love also hurts it, though).

11. mitros

mitros <font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<

The place was once a great restaurant. ONCE. Like a lot of WDW restaurants, the food has become less than perfect over the years. It was once one of our favorites, but like a great number of WDW eateries, it has slipped, more than a bit. We feel that it is because of these "free" dining plans. There was so much waste going on at the restaurants with these plans that Disney has dumbed-down, or "cheapened" these once great restaurants. Speaking to a large number of Disney regulars, it seems to be a growing consensus.

12. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

We were there a week or so back and it was one of the best dinners I've ever had in my life. Kids grown and out of the house, so just the two of us for what turned out to be a very delicious and memorable meal. Loved the setting, not too crowded and nice ambiance, so for us it was as good as we could have wanted.

Local chains comparison..not even close. Shulas or Yachtsman comparison...I've had better here in the SF Bay Area, so I felt it wasn't necessarily a 'taste-test' to begin with.
    Bottom line is, when we go back to DW we will go back to Le Cellier.

Hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes

13. P00H1010

P00H1010 DIS Veteran

My DH and I loved our meal there and would go back in a heat beat :thumbsup2