Le Cellier

Foxxie52

Mouseketeer
I've never eaten at this restaurant (EPCOT - Canada) but I've had people tell me it's brilliant. However, in recent years I've heard it's gone downhill. My husband is a big steak lover. Is it worth booking here?

Also, there's a restaurant somewhere that does a dessert called the kitchen sink. It's huge with ice cream and all sorts and even comes in a sink. Anyone know where that is and if they still do it?:-)

The kitchen sink is available from Beaches & Cream @ the Beach club resort
I also am planning on Le Cellier for our visit to WDW later this year

I've never eaten at this restaurant (EPCOT - Canada) but I've had people tell me it's brilliant. However, in recent years I've heard it's gone downhill. My husband is a big steak lover. Is it worth booking here?

We love Le Cellier. It's our first night in Disney tradition. Of course, that's just our experience, there are definitely people who believe that it has gone downhill (or was never worth the hype to begin with) but we like the experience of quiet dinner inside a park. There is just something very "Disney World" about Le Cellier in my book. The steaks are good to very good, but not the best on property. For my money, that's Shula's or Yachtsman, which are both, coincidentally, very accessible from the Epcot International Gateway.

Enjoy your trip!

Kitchen Sink is a must do on our trips! So much fun!
And we have enjoyed lunch at Le Cellier. It's worth it :)

We went to Le Cellier on our recent December trip. I was the only one in our party who had been before. I didn't want to say anything because I wanted to get everyone's honest opinion, but I used to really like it and felt it went downhill. My family was disappointed. They were expecting really good and said that they felt that they got just ordinary steakhouse food. Now, don't get me wrong; my family loves steaks and the food was not bad. However, for the price, and the fact that it is going up to two credits if on the dining plan are enough to keep us away. What everyone did like was the cheddar cheese soup with the pretzel bread (but you can get almost the exact same thing at Biergarten with better, cheaper food) and the desserts. If it were us, we would book dinner at the Yachtsman for steaks. And, if you are at the Yachtsman for a meal, you can walk over to the Beach Club and get a glimpse of that Kitchen Sink.:goodvibes

We have eaten Le Cellier the past five years and it has been great every year. The filet is extremely tender and the flavor is excellent. I think that some people set the bar so high for this restaurant due to rumors that it is impossible to impress them.

Not a fan of Le Cellier..Overrated and I have had better steaks at a local chain restaurant.
The Kitchen Sink is availabel at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club resort it is located near the pool.It is a very very small place that does not accept ADRS, but is considered a Table Service eatery, and can often have lengthy waits for a table depending when you go.To avoid the waits, go at opening or at off times.At Epcot closing, after illuminations and during traditional mealtimes the waits can be long

I think it's not worth the hype. For Steak go to Yacthman's at BW or if you are not stuck with the DDP then Shula's at the Dolphin.

I think it got so popular it's just be "resting on it's laurels" and fails to live up to a "signature" standard for food quality, service and atmosphere.

The criticism only started when it went from 1 credit to 2 on the dining plan -- that's pretty clear. It was everyone's favorite place, and then suddenly everyone hated it. Another reason why I find the dining plan so annoying..

The criticism only started when it went from 1 credit to 2 on the dining plan -- that's pretty clear. It was everyone's favorite place, and then suddenly everyone hated it. Another reason why I find the dining plan so annoying..

I actually thought it was pretty overrated long before it went to 2TS credits..

We liked Le Cellier quite a bit. We had great service and really good food. We will eat there next time we go to Disney.

The fact of the matter is that for us, we do parks HARD. When we go in the morning, we don't leave until it closes. When we 'experience Disney World' that is what works best for us to get the most out of our vacation. I know that there are one or two "better steak" places in the area to go to, but when we're at Epcot, we want to STAY at Epcot and we've always had a great time and great food there. If you don't care about leaving a park and taking about 2 hours to go somewhere else, then that's an option too. We don't want to leave and come back.

I totall agree with this. we loved lunch there , especially for 1 TS because we didn't travel out of the park to eat and it was a fabulous value on the dining plan for lunch. We aren't doing the deluxe dining plan this time so we will skip it but I will miss it.

as far as ranking it agains other signature dining experiences, there are several others I would rank higher.

We liked Le Cellier quite a bit. We had great service and really good food. We will eat there next time we go to Disney.

The fact of the matter is that for us, we do parks HARD. When we go in the morning, we don't leave until it closes. When we 'experience Disney World' that is what works best for us to get the most out of our vacation. I know that there are one or two "better steak" places in the area to go to, but when we're at Epcot, we want to STAY at Epcot and we've always had a great time and great food there. If you don't care about leaving a park and taking about 2 hours to go somewhere else, then that's an option too. We don't want to leave and come back.

We've enjoyed our meals at LeCellier. I've had the filet and the bone in rib eye at dinner. The rib eye was the best steak I had on our trip. It was perfectly grilled and delicious. I always sub the mushroom risotto in place of the potato wedges.

Nope, I thought it was overrated before it went Signature. Now it is worse. All Disney did was raise prices. :rotfl2:

davedmaine said:

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
Nope, I thought it was overrated before it went Signature. Now it is worse. All Disney did was raise prices. :rotfl2:

I agree with this. I also thought it was overrated WAY before it went to a signature restaurant. Honestly i never understood the hype. It blows my mind that its signature for both lunch and dinner.

We had given up on it long ago. NO WAY I'd waste TWO dining entitlements there!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Old timer here. Le Cellier was our favorite restaurant restaurant before Dining Plan. When the DDP started the restaurant slipped. The menu was downgraded to be appropriate for 1TS. The DDP made it almost imposseble to get in. Personally I thought it was still one of the best 1TS restaurants.
If you were careful about what you ordered, it was still pretty good.

I am happy they moved it to 2TS. Maybe it will have a chance of going back the way it used to be.

When we couldn't get into LeCellier, we switched to Artist Point or Brown Derby. However, if you want steak check out the Yachtsman. Check the menu before you go to Shula's...... everything is just too big for us there (reminds me of trying to feed a 18 year old football player)

davedmaine said:
Yet you've recommended it in some of your older posts

I used to recommend it, too. We just found places we liked better. We've been MANY times. The food was always very good for the price. I imagine it would still taste the same at double the price on the dining plan, so we don't plan to return. It opens it up for people who still love it. Everybody wins.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter